His indirect confession

Blushing Youth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You are safe here with me. You don't have to be scared." his baritone voice was deep and husky, managed to make you believe that after such ordeal you faced back at home, at least there'll be a person whom could let you feel that you weren't alone. Since when his voice became this deep? His voice wasn't like this when he was young... 

His eyes conveyed such emotions as if he understood your situation well. Heat rose to your cheeks after exchanging gazes for too long that you thought it lasted for 5 minutes straight. You didn't know staring into one's eyes could make you feel edgy and shy, didn't know what to do when neither one of you was talking.

You turned to look away to avoid his eyes and took a step back that Jaehyun came back to his senses, released you from the hug.

"What trouble have you gotten yourself into?" you murmured to prevent the awkwardness between the two of you. 

"What do you think?" he replied, a smirk escaped his lips after that. "I did something crazy"

"Did Jelly know about this?" your brows were knitted, lips parted slightly, staring at him in disbelief. Did this crybaby turn into a problematic child?

"Why do I even tell noona about this?" he snickered. "You better keep this as a secret, shorty, seal your lips tight" he bent to meet your height, now his face was so near that you blinked at the sudden close proximity. You were studying where his eyes averted to. It lingered on your lips and unknowingly you shifted your gaze towards his throat, saw how his Adam's apple bobbed about.

Unconsciously a hand was brought up, he ran a knuckle down your cheek softly. Sometimes Jaehyun acted without thinking like what he was doing right now. It was because you're...pretty? He didn't know what he was feeling right now. He had the slightest idea on why he dragged you into this. He could've let you stayed at the pedestrian lane which was safer but he didn't want to. He wanted to bring you with him. And hugging you seemed just like an excuse. 

His eyes were still fixated on your lips, he was somehow reminded of the day he stole a kiss when he was a kid. He planted a soft kiss when you were sleeping so he was certain you had no memory about it at all. Should he do it again?

Why is he touching your cheek? Why? At some point, you realized he was holding the so you took another step back, staring at it that Jaehyun finally turned to look at what he was holding.

"" he put it back on the rack and you could feel how awkward it was so you turned around, ready to leave.

"Let's go, Jaehyun-ssi" you muttered, started walking when you saw a few men in black clothing entering the convenience store again that you assumed those who chased Jaehyun earlier came back.

You spun, only to meet Jaehyun's brawny front so you s your arms around his waist quick, tiptoed and whispered softly.

"I think they're back"

Jaehyun's heart skipped a beat when you hugged him again, even tiptoed to reach his height. His eyes turned wide in surprise, head turned to stare at you, using your soft voice that it tickled his ear, the tip of it was slowly turning red, conscious of how your body was this close to him again. He was aware of those men but he was certain they weren't among those bikers who were chasing him earlier.

He took advantage of the hug, draped his arms around your petite frame and squeezed you tightly that you let out a moan. He didn't know why he was doing this. He had the slightest idea on why he felt so good when he had you in his arms as if it was where you should belong. He had never felt this way before... He inhaled the strawberry scent emitted from your long hair, caressing your hair softly as if he was comforting you.

He was spacing out, didn't plan to let you go not when you finally cocked your head up to meet his eyes.

"Have they left?" 

"Hmm?" he hummed, raising his brows. Once he digested what you asked, he searched for them but they were no longer there. Jaehyun playfully wanted the hug to be longer so he shook his head.

"Nope. They're still here" he lied, a mischievous smile broke his lips, displaying his dimples that you furrowed your brows.

"Yah.." you knew he was lying so you hit him in the chest with a fist, took a step back while scowling at him. "ert"

He chuckled but grabbed your hand instantly when he found some cuts on your right hand.

"Hey, you got this earlier, am I right?"

No... This one you got it previously. You wanted to hide the moment Jaehyun started checking if you were wounded because of him. He stared at your knees, fresh with red scratches from earlier that he heaved a deep sigh with a crease formed on his forehead.

"I'm sorry about-" 

"This is nothing. These are just cuts. I'll go back home now" you said, turning to walk away before Jaehyun grabbed your hand and took you to the rack where it displayed care for cut/ scrape/ bruise treatment products. He searched for an antibiotic ointment and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter