Living Hell

Blushing Youth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everything remains the same when the trip ended included your friendship with Baekhyun. It was still bad because he ignored you... Completely.

As everything went back to normal, you went to school the next day, pretty surprise that Moonyeong got a sick leave while the twins were absent. Jaehyun texted you, telling you that Jelly and himself wanted to accompany their mum to the hospital as there was a family conflict at home and you understood him, didn't mind going to school alone.

Walking along the corridor, you started to notice something different as all eyes and mouths were on you, being the centre of the attention out of the blue or the object of scorn, precisely. 

When the few of you were excused from school after winning the cosmetic competition, you obviously had no idea what had gone wrong at school to the point you heard faint murmur of voices about you.

 

"She two-timed them. Poor those boys" 

"I can't believe she's dating our Jaehyun" 

"Look at how sly she is" 

"She's the 's daughter after all" 

"A indeed" 

 

It was just too sudden when everyone included your classmates blocking the doorframe as to prevent you from entering the class, unanimously mocking at how daring you were to be accepting Baekhyun's flower and had Jaehyun publicly claimed you as his girlfriend during your trip with them. They snickered in unison, shaking their heads lightly, utterly jealous of you especially the girls who once you thought were friends, all could no longer accept you as a part of them, rejected your presence with a condescending sneer. 

Why? Why is this happening? It seemed like clips of you accepting the flowers were recorded during the concert and went viral in school. Grabbing the straps of your backpack, sauntering to your place, you unpacked your bag, taking out the books and placed it on your table, minding your own business in the most quiet way possible. Rumours, this wasn't your first time being the subject of ridicule to your previous classmates or the entire school, even teachers, spreading and circulating the rumour of you being the 's daughter, destorying the Choi's family. Almost everyone back from your current hometown treated you as the worst outcast and it seemed like it is going to happen here as well. You'd dealed with it before and as much as how painful it was, you could handle everything perfectly or just you thought so not when you caught some girls mentioning how you were the 's daughter. How did they know about this? Only people from your hometown spewed this right at your face and you were certain none of them here knew about this. 

You were too engrossed in your thoughts not when a girl passed by your table, forcefully brushed her shoulder against yours that you took a step back, felt the pain inflicted but remained silent, shifted your gaze at her.

"Oops, sorry... ahh do you remember me? It's me Yumi" you weren't in the mood to be honest but you knew who she is, Sehun's girlfriend and also the girl who claimed to be Jaehyun's and Jelly's childhood friend, someone whom you kinda detested as she clung to Jaehyun's arm tightly the other day although she's already taken.

"Annyeongha-"

"Unnie, you don't mind right? Your friends were so excited about the video so I sent to them. When Baekhyun oppa gave you the flowers-"

"I don't mind..." your voice downhearted faded, so Yumi was the source who spreaded the video? Did you mind? Did you? You were already not in the right mind to answer knowing Baekhyun was also in the classroom right now, at his own place, doing his own thing, probably preparing for class.

"Unnie, why did you accept the flowers? You like Baekhyun oppa, right?"

You couldn't even say a single thing, lowering your head, kept fiddling with your fingers, started feeling the pressure as she had been cornering you, bombarding you with questions that could've hurted Baekhyun's feelings. You didn't wish to let everyone know that you rejected Baekhyun's feelings.

"Why are you acting weak? This is so not you, Choi Yujin" you heard another person's voice, immediately shot your head up. You recognized this voice, this person, this very creature appeared before your eyes. Why is she here? Why? This girl, towering your frame whom also your stepsister's bestfriend came to your school but why?

"Chae Yujin? You changed your surname? When?" she bent, lowering her front, narrowing her eyes to read your name in utter disbelief. 

Sweats started forming on your temples, taking another apprehensive step back, widening your eyes in total shock, couldn't believe that you'll meet her here and evidently wasn't ready for her appearance. That someone who once put you through hell that you had to deal with so many miseries, experience mental breakdown and emotional abuse...

You were certain she was the one who spreaded to others regarding how you were the 's daughter, telling everyone the rumour you despised the most, the rumour that made you an outcast in school, resulting everyone isolated you, rejected your existence entirely during your school years.

What did you do wrong to receive such treatment? You ran away, far enough to hide, but problems coming again with no prior notice that your heart was shattered into pieces, unsure on what to do next. 

"You're really bold, Yujin-ah. Your brother is searching everywhere for you. How could you do this to them?" Hyejin whispered next to your ear, mentioning how your stepbrother be hunting for you after your unexpected disappearance. "What should I do? Should I tell him I found someone interesting-"

Before she could finish her sentence, the teacher came in, Yumi and the students along the corridor dispersed back to their respective classes. You were totally stunned, the fear of getting caught by your stepbrother was the last thing you didn't wish to happen. 

"Hyejin-ssi, you're new right? Come here and introduce yourself to the class" the teacher said, bringing Hyejin back to reality and stopped her torment towards you momentarily.

You were no longer yourself, anxieties kicking in when you realized the happiness you shared with Jaehyun, Jelly and Moonyeong is coming to an end soon. The fear, distress and dejection you'd always encountered back from your hometown are coming back. You're very terrified, appalled of your step

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter