Adore

Blushing Youth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'Because you're mine', those three words kept repeating in your head. Did Jaehyun just mentioned you're his? Why? Why would he say that? But in a way, he made you feel happy just to think about it. You lowered your head, felt your cheeks were burning hot as this was probably the first time for a friend to say you're his and that he didn't like it when others were looking at you.

He squished your cheeks lightly knowing how to gradually deal with your shy nature, his eyes exuding pure love while adoring you being cute, he couldn't help but kept smiling like a fool. When you finally cocked your head upwards to look at him, he took the opportunity to plant a chaste kiss on your forehead, smacking his plump lips against your skin, leaving a popping sound loud when he pulled away.

"Do well later. I'll root for you. Don't worry and have fun, okay?" he said, cupping your jaw while locking his gaze with yours. "Why are you so cute?" he kept squishing your chubby cheeks and then bumped his front against yours, hugging you tightly in his arms.

You stood rooted in your position, didn't know how to react when Jaehyun being clingy like this but you liked it... No, you loved the skinship with him.

 

 

Being close to Jaehyun again definitely boosted up your energy to win this preliminary round. Unexpectedly Jaehyun was the only person in your mind right now so no matter if you lose or win later, he would be the first person you wanted him to know.

The race was quite intense to be honest. Fortunately, you managed to be the second fastest in your lane but when the baton was passed to the third person, she accidentally tripped and fell. Thankfully, she picked up her pace and overall your team got the second placing in the preliminary round hence will advance to the final.

You were all sweaty, grinning at the huge notification board where the positions were listed, proud with your own achievement. 

You started looking for Jaehyun once they announced. You knew he was busy as well, needed to practice for basketball at a different court as he mentioned earlier but he promised to come and see you run. He was probably be leaving already so you were looking around, walking aimlessly while breathing heavily as you were still tired from the running. 

Once you reached the stairs, leading below to a few courts for other games, you recognised Jaehyun stood at the bottom of the stairs with his back facing you. You were sure it was him because of his huggable broad shoulders and the black sleeveless shirt he was wearing with the number 77 hugely printed on his back. 

"Jaehyun-ah" you called had him turned his head slightly in surprise. He was beaming brightly, eyes glistening the moment he saw you, showing you his thumb that you did very well in the race. 

Unconsciously, you ran down the stairs in the most fastest speed, probably sprinting like a maltese puppy, too excited to see Jaehyun. Jaehyun turned to face you, getting worried when your steps and pace looked clumsy, running too fast as if there's no tomorrow. His heart skipped a beat, eyes were widened in disbelief when you haven't reached the last step of the stairs but jumped slightly and threw your arms around his neck swiftly. Upon his fast reflex, he caught you right away in his arms, your front collided his, feet were dangling in the air, so comfortable in the sudden embrace. He took a step back due to the little impact of carrying your tiny frame but a smile escaped his lips after that, it must be you were too thrilled to see him. You were breathing heavily, snuggling into the crook of his neck, shutting your eyes tightly, trying to calm your increasing heartbeats.

It took you a while to move an inch back, still wrapping your arms around his neck, gazing at him with stars in your eyes. 

"You saw me, right? I did well, right?" you asked, expected him to give you compliments. 

"Oh... I saw you, Yujin. You did very well. I'm very proud of you" he replied, sincerely while admiring your lovely features. This somehow reminded him of how his baby cousin behaved, so cute to the point he was lost of words. 

"I ran and I almost tripped over just now. I tried my best so I don't disappoint my team. They were shouting my name-" when you finally realized you were in his arms and Jaehyun was just smiling at you, listening to you being so chatty for the very first time, you wanted to face-palm yourself. What did you just do? 

​​​​​​"I-I must be cr-razy-" pulling your arms away from him, it was awkward that he put you down slowly. Checking the surrounding, your hand awkwardly rubbing your nape, thank god there weren't any people around. "I-I'm just too happy." 

Perhaps you were too honest with your emotions and feelings as the first person came across your mind was Jaehyun only and not anyone else. You just wanted to share your happiness with someone you liked. 

"I'm too happy. W-why? D-do I smell bad? I'm all sweaty"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter