Chapter 7

Everything Has Changed
Please log in to read the full chapter

'' I'm sorry, i'll come back later.'' Ji Eun uttered before closing the door behind them just as fast as she had entered.

Rosé looked up at Suzy, who had slumped into her chair, sighing. She waited for Suzy to say something.

'' Our timing is bad to say the least.'' Suzy murmured, glancing at Rosé.

'' Will Dr Lee tell the director ? '' Rosé asked after a drawn out silence.

'' About what ? '' Suzy replied, lazily swiveling in her desk chair.

Rosé grew serious '' About what she saw ! '' She paused '' You're my supervisor. It's a conflict of interest. What if i get suspended because of us ? ''

'' Us ? '' Suzy echoed, stopping her chair, and faced Rosé '' It was a harmless hug. Nothing happened.''

'' Suzy, i'm being serious '' Rosé pleaded '' I like you a lot and i don't want to run away this time.''

Once the words tumbled out of Rosé's mouth, Suzy's grin turned into an even wider one, a heart-stopper of a smile. It was as if Rosé had given the one thing Suzy had been waiting for in her entire life.

'' We'll figure it out '' Suzy said softly.

'' Suzy''

She recognized Ji Eun's voice. Sighing, Suzy walked towards the door and opened it. She walked back to her desk and prepared herself for the inevitable conversation with her best friend.

'' What was that all about ? '' Ji Eun leaned against her desk, looking at her expectantly.

'' It was nothing.''

'' It looked more than nothing '' Ji Eun crossed her arms '' Putting two and two together. Your resident was only interested in General Surgery because of that little romance between you, am i right ? ''

'' Ji Eun, you're not going to run off with your mouth are you ? '' Suzy asked in a serious tone.

'' Me ? '' She put her palms up '' Of course not.'' She paused '' So is this the reason she wanted to change her supervisor ? ''

Suzy nodded, suddenly feeling disheartened. Reading that form about Rosé changing supervisors hurt Suzy a lot, broke her heart. But she liked the young resident and it was hardly the epitome of professionalism.

'' You are aware that work-based relationships are frowned upon right ? '' Ji Eun paused '' Especially when you are supervising and evaluating that resident.''

'' Tell me about it " Suzy smiled wryly.

'' Suzy ? ''

Suzy looked up '' Yeah ? ''

Ji Eun was looking at her earnestly. Her expression solemn.

'' Do what your guts instinct tells you to do when the right time comes.''

Suzy looked at her and smiled '' Thank you Ji Eun.''

For the past week, Rosé had been immersed in exam revision. The residency exams were known to be one of the hardest postgraduate exams to ever grace the medical field. Half her week had been spent studying. The other half had mostly consisted of eating and sleeping.

As if revision hadn't been difficult, it was made even more difficult by the constant worrying. Worrying about her relationship with her supervisor. The number of times she had picked up her phone and had deliberated on whether to ring Suzy had been too many to count.

Her phone suddenly buzzed in her hand, startled she nearly dropped it into her cold coffee placed beside her. Catching it just in time, she glanced at the sender name ; Suzy.

Suzy : Would you like to have lunch ? Rosé reread the message a few times over. She exhaled slowly, sat back in her chair. Her books forgotten. Slowly she allowed herself to smile. Rosé : How did you get my number ? She waited for a response, imagining Suzy sat somewhere, most likely her office, a pleased smile covering her face. Suzy : I'm asking you for lunch, and that's your reply ? Rosé : I would love to have lunch with you ! A few seconds later, Suzy : i'll send you the address ! Ps : I got your number by reading your splendid resume since you never called me even though you had my number. ~~~~~~

Suzy was sitting across the small table and smiling at Rosé over the rim of her cup. She traded her usual suit in for jeans paired up a pale blue button up, they still looked unfairly good on her. 

'' So how's your revision going ? ''

'' You're not going to mention the fact that you gave me your number months ago and i have never texted you ? ''

Suzy's half smile grew just a touch bigger '' Whether you text or not is completely up to you '' She said.

Rosé took a careful sip of her coffee '' Interesting approach. What if i didn't reply to your message today ? ''

'' You did.''

'' What if i didn't ? ''

Suzy leaned back in her chair, eyes trained on Rosé's face '' Then we wouldn't be having lunch right now.''

Rosé smiled '' I'm glad i replied to your text, then.'' She paused '' Did you talk to Dr Lee ? ''

'' I did '' Suzy replied, taking a small sip and clearly enjoying her coffee's taste.'' She told me to follow what my guts instincts tell me to do .''

'' And what is this supposed to mean ?

Please log in to read the full chapter