Chapter 9

Everything Has Changed
Please log in to read the full chapter

Your comments mean a lot to me. So please let me know what you think :)

 

Rosé had spent the better part of the day in the corner of the cafeteria, trying to keep up with her studying for her exams. She wanted to pass them really bad, she felt like she had to show everyone in this hospital that the work and time they put in her would be worth it. She was so absorbed by her books that she had lost track of time, and she was now sitting alone in a creepy, dark cafeteria which she didn't even notice.

She knew Suzy was still operating on an emergency case that had come in right before the end of her shift. She didn't know much about the case was, but if Suzy wanted to do it herself even after her shift was over, that meant that something serious had happened.

Suzy let out a deep sigh she had been holding throughout the surgery as she threw her gloves in the garbage bin. She knew as soon as she saw her patient coming in that it would be very hard to save him. She had cursed internally at some points when her patient decided to code from to time because his body went into shock; but eventually managed to save him and stop the internal bleeding.

'' Is there something i can do for you, Dr.Bae ? '' Jennie asked, trying to hold back a yawn and exhaustion written all over her face.

'' No, thank you Jennie. Go home and get some rest. You did good today.'' Suzy replied giving her a reassuring smile.

Jennie liked working on Dr.Bae's serving lately. She was being a lot more kind and generous during rounds and surgeries, as in letting her help with certain procedures. Her rounds now started with a ' good morning ' instead of giving her a list of the tasks she had to do. She liked this version of her senior. And whatever was causing this, she was thankful for it.

~~~~~~~~~

Suzy was on her way to the attending's lounge to grab her stuff and head home. She was passing past the cafeteria and something pulled her attention. It was dark in there, except for on table in the back. She squeezed her eyes, trying to make something out of the silhouette she was seeing. Papers were all over the table and she heard a soft sigh out of the figure. It was Rosé.

She decided to sneak up on her. She made sure no one was around before sliding her arms around her neck.

Rosé's head was in her hands while she mumbled something.

'' Cerebrospinal fluid is the fluid that surrounds your spinal cord and .... - Damn it.''  Rosé was getting tired of this.

'' And the brain. '' A voice whispered in her ear. She felt two arms slipping around her neck and she shivered feeling the warm breath against her skin. She turned her head and looked at the soft eyes of her senior doctor.

'' Suzy ! '' Rosé smiled '' How was the surgery ? ''

Suzy pulled a chair beside her, sliding it closer to Rosé before sitting down '' It went well. The patient is stable now. What are you still doing here by the way ? Your shift ended four hours ago.'' She asked.

'' I came to revise but i lost track of time '' She paused '' I'm glad you're here though. We need to talk.''

Suzy nodded '' About what ? ''

'' We need rules.''

'' Rules ? ''

'' Yes. Rules. For this '' Rosé looked at her '' Rule one..- ''

Suzy crossed her arms '' We're adults, Rosé. I don't think we need rules to know how to behave around each other in public.''

'' Suzy, please ! I'm serious. I know this is too much but i want to be reassured that everything is going to be fine until you're no longer my supervisor.''

'' How many rules are there going to be ? Do i need to take notes ? '' Suzy was teasing her.

'' Suzy ! ''

'' Fine, '' She accepted, with a shrug of her shoulders. '' We can have rules if that's what you want. Can we discuss them tomorrow ? I'm sure we're both tired right now.''

'' How about .. '' Rosé murmured, leaning a little closer so as to not be over

Please log in to read the full chapter