Chapter 28

Everything Has Changed
Please log in to read the full chapter

Don't forget to leave a comment and tell me what you think about this chapter

The slam of the apartment door closing teared Suzy's attention away from the book she was reading. She watched Rosé dump the house key, kicking her shoes off at the same time as she walked into the apartment.

'' Hey, i didn't realize you'd be home.'' Rosé asked when she spotted Suzy, her eyes brightening.

Rosé always looked revived when she saw Suzy. The lingering anxiety broiling through her since her conversation with her sister had ebbed away a little.

'' I finished my paperwork earlier than expected.''

'' I'm glad you're here. Now i can have you shoot me in the head. I want it be clean and quick, do you think you can manage.''

'' Bad day at work ? '' Suzy climbed off the sofa and walked up to her, sliding her arms around her waist while still holding her book. She pulled Rosé into a 'welcome home' kiss. Rosé immediately felt herself relax as she took in Suzy's scent.

'' But Chayoung, if i murder you who's going to be kissing me goodnight every evening ? ''

Rosé smiled into her neck '' Is that all you're going to miss about me ? ''

Suz shrugged '' Yes, my love.''

Rosé twirled around, an amused smile on her face '' My love ? ''

Suzy ran a hand through her hair, totally oblivious '' What ? ''

'' You called me my love. ''

'' Do you want me to call you my fiancée ? '' Suzy smiled.

Rosé cut her off with a kiss '' I like the way it sounds from your lips.''

'' Oh yeah ? '' Suzy smirked

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rosé has been slightly quiet in recent weeks.

Nothing dramatic for Suzy to justify a point over it but just enough for her to notice. But the more she tried not to notice,  the more she obviously did.

'' Hey.'' Suzy called from across the living room where they'd settle in for the evening. She turned her head to where Rosé was sat at her work desk, her eyes intensely fixated on her laptop screen out in front.

Rosé barely looked up '' Hmm? ''

'' Do you want to watch a movie ? '' She pointed at the empty sofa space beside her.

'' Just a second.''

Suzy fell back against the sofa suddenly unable to concentrate on anything but the rapid tapping of Rosé's fingers on the keyboard. It was almost as though Rosé was purposely keeping herself busy in order to avoid talking to Suzy. Which was a ridiculous thought.

Suzy turned off the television. She tried not a let her disappointment show, instead she found herself looking  at the blank television screen wondering whether or not it was early to just call it a night.

'' What are you so busy with ? '' Suzy asked.

'' Oh.. I.. That ... It's uh, some paperwork i didn't get to finish at work so i'm doing it now, and i guess it's taken a lot of my attention. It's just been really hectic lately, you know ? '' She loo

Please log in to read the full chapter