Chapter 30

Everything Has Changed
Please log in to read the full chapter

Don't forget to leave a comment and tell me what you think about this chapter 

Rosé was waiting at the nurse's station for the nurse to hand her the file. 

'' Hello Chayoung, have you seen your fiancée ? '' Lisa teased as she walked toward her friend '' I need her to sign this form.''

Their fight echoed in her head. She didn't realize she was crying until someone behind her cleared their throat and she was forced to turn and look.

'' Chaeyoung? What's wrong ? '' Jennie and Lisa stood side by side, staring at her with growing concern.

Rosé cut them off '' I'm fine, it's nothing.''

Jennie rolled her eyes and took a step closer, setting her hand on Rosé's arm.

'' Did you lose a patient ? '' Lisa asked.

Rosé felt tears spill over her cheeks as she shook her head. She was sad and the person she needed was the one person she could not have right now.

'' We had a bad fight.'' Rosé looked down as Suzy's words echoed in her mind.

'' How long has it been since the fight ? '' Jennie asked.

'' Five days. '' Rosé replied '' She has been sleeping in the guest room to avoid me.''

Jennie and Lisa glanced at each other '' What happened ? ''

'' I'm a terrible fiancée.'' Rosé continued '' I didn't even notice that Suzy was spiralling. I was too focused on trying to get my mom's approval and i forgot that i was happy even without her approval. I was happy because i had Suzy by my side but once again i messed everything up between us.''

'' You're not a terrible fiancée. Suzy is literally in love with you. To be honest, i didn't know Dr Bae had a soft side until i saw the way she looks at you. You'll be fine.'' Jennie told her.

Rosé shook her head '' No I'm a terrible fiancée. I haven't been wearing my engagement ring and guess what ? I didn't notice until she mentioned it during the fight. '' She paused, hearing the weakness in her voice.

'' You're indeed a terrible finacée '' Lisa chuckled.

The comment made Rosé laugh, it helped clear some of the tension in her chest.

Lisa leaned forward, setting her hand on Rosé's shoulder '' You are going to talk to Suzy.'' She began '' And you're going to talk some more. You're going to talk until you can't stand the sound of you own voice. And then you'll show her how much you love her. And don't forget to wear your ring this time.''

Jennie nodded in agreement '' I saw her in the ER earlier, in case you want to talk to her.'' She winked '' You got this Chaeyoung.''

'' Thank you.'' Rosé whispered.

 ~~~~~~~~~

Rosé stood at the nurse's station at the ER, looking around for her chief of cardiothoracic surgery. She heard a familiar voice. A very familiar voice that was clearly angry.

''Maam, please calm down.''

She turned to find Suzy in a trauma bay across the ward. Her back was to Rosé. But she could tell from the way she held herself that she was angry.

'' I'm not leaving my son here alone with you. How are you the chief when you look like you had barely graduated from medical school. I want another doctor. I won't let you murder my son.'' The woman shouted, and it was directed at her fiancée.

Rosé took a step forward, torn between wanting to help with the situation and staying still and letting Suzy handle it. After all she was the one in charge of the entire cardiothoracic department.

'' You are wasting time. You should go to the waiting room and let us do our job.'' Suzy said, calmer than Rosé would be if she was in the same situation.

'' Waiting room ? So that i won't see your incompetent work ? ''

Suzy quickly turned her head after the alarmed sound from the monitor began to blare. The waves that were once so rhytmic and constant were now a rapid, with no pattern whatsoever.

'' He's in V-fib '' A resident shouted '' He's crashing.''

Suzy immediately started compressions on the boy's chest.

'' No '' The woman screamed '' Please save him, i'm begging you!''

'' Maam, stay there, don't come closer. '' Suzy was maintaining compressions as one nurse was pushing drugs into the boy's veins while the resident prepared the crash cart '' You'll do more harm than good if you get involved.''

'' Charge it to two hundred '' Suzy spoke up and a few buttons were pressed by the resident beside the crash cart, paddles were directed at Suzy '' Clear.''

The boy's back was arched passively in response to the shock that coursed through his body. All eyes turned to the monitor, but the sinus rhythm still wasn't there, all that existed was a flat line.

'' Charge again.'' Suzy spoke, she was not going to let this boy die today. Another shock went through his body, but when their eyes turned to the monitor instead of the flat line, there was a perfect sinus rhythm wave.

'' He's back '' Suzy spoke up and the woman sobbed loudly ''

Please log in to read the full chapter