Chapter 27

Everything Has Changed
Please log in to read the full chapter

There is three chapters left until the story comes to an end. Do you want a sequel ?

Rosé lazily turned her head. Suzy was still soundly asleep, her dark hair fell across her forehead, one arm was strewn over Rosé's waist, their legs a tangled mess. Rosé knew she gazing stupidly at Suzy but she didn't care, she could lie here all day, for an eternity even, and never, ever get tired of this sight. She slowly craned her neck, careful not to shift her weight around too much, and placed a chaste kiss on Suzy's lips.

Rosé realized the simple action had become second nature, as automatic as breathing air. As easy as taking one step in front of the other. As easy as this. She plopped her head back down onto her pillow, content with Suzy's uninterrupted breathing pattern, signifying she was still deeply asleep.

As if the world is consipiring against her, Rosé's alarm on her phone went off right at that moment, interrupting the happy morning the young doctor was wanting to have.

Suzy groaned, tightening her grip around Rosé's waist just as Rosé's fingers curled around her phone. She silenced the alarm and then dropped the phone to the ground.

'' No, it's too early.'' Suzy whined behind her.

Rosé smiled at how cute and sleepy her voice was. She rolled over to kiss Suzy's nose. 

'' Good morning.'' Suzy mumbled, still not opening her eyes.

'' Good morning.''

Rosé leant in and kissed Suzy's cheek, then her chin, then her nose again.

Finally, Suzy cracked one eye open and squinted at Rosé  '' We should call in sick to work today. I want to stay here in this bed all day with you.''

Rosé groaned and let her head fall forward until her forehead was resting on Suzy's chin '' There's nothing i want more, but i can't. I have an important procedure today and i want to make the chief of cardiothoracic surgery department proud of me.''

'' Oh trust me, the chief is so proud of you.'' Suzy smiled '' I have been saying this for years but you are an amazing doctor Chaeyoung.'' She paused '' Give me five minutes.''

Suzy pulled Rosé closer as she let her eyes close again and her breathing slowed. She wasn't trying to go back to sleep, but wanting to enjoy the last few moments they have of this quiet morning before their days get started. Her face looked so peaceful.

Suzy is so beautiful and Rosé didn't think she'll ever get used to it. She will never get tired of looking at the senior doctor and appreciating how gorgeous she is.

Rosé couldn't help but lean in and press a kiss to Suzy's lips. Suzy's lips curled into a smile at that, but her eyes stayed close.

'' This is real, right ? '' Rosé asked, the words slipping out of before she can even decide to say them.

At that, Suzy opened her eyes again. They were soft and warm, like melted chocolate. She studied Rosé's face for a moment before she said '' Yes, this is real.''

'' I'm so happy.'' Rosé admitted '' I don't think i've ever been this happy.''

Suzy's smile reached her eyes as she leaned in and kissed Rosé '' Me too,'' She whispered against her lips as she pulled away.

They laid there quietly for a while, eyes tracing each other's face. Rosé knew Suzy was trying to commit this moment to memory just like she was.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

'' We're on a lockdown.'' The OR nurse said as Rosé finished the last stitch. They were interrupted by the sound of their pagers going off.

'' Lockdown ? '' Her eyebrows furrowed '' What does it mean ? We have to stay here ? ''

'' I have no idea, i was told that we can't leave the OR.'' The nurse replied.

'' What's going on ? '' Jennie asked.

Rosé shook her head, looking for her phone in her scrub pocket and tried to contact Suzy '' Come on, Suzy, pick up, pick up.'' She turned to look at Jennie '' Jennie, what is it ? '' She asked worried, the expression on Jennie's face already telling her that, whatever was happening at the hospital couldn't be something good.

'' Chaeyoung.'' Jennie said as she hung up the call. '' There's a shooter in the hospital.''

Rosé's eyes were wide with terror '' Wha

Please log in to read the full chapter