Chapter 22

Everything Has Changed
Please log in to read the full chapter

Don't forget to leave a comment and tell me what do you think about this chapter 

Rosé stood in front of the mirror and couldn't stop about the fact that her parents were in Seoul right now to see her after work. She may had mentioned to them that she was dating someone but preferred to keep the details until they were face to face. She was afraid of their reaction.

Her sister was supportive but she wasn't too sure about her parents, especially her mother. She let out a sigh and studied herself so intently in the mirror that she didn't hear her girlfriend walking up to the door behind her.

'' You are so beautiful.'' Suzy said as she leaned against the frame.

Rosé stared at her girlfriend's reflection in the mirror '' What a flatterer.''

'' But this is true.'' Suzy said with a smile as she slowly made her way into the room '' You seem distracted. Is everything okay ? ''

Rosé exhaled harshly '' My parents are here and they want to see me.''

Suzy wrapped her arms around Rosé's waist '' You don't seem happy about that.''

Rosé shook her head '' You don't know my parents.'' She paused '' Remember how you found me after my residency's result was out ? ''

Suzy nodded '' You were so depressed that i thought you failed the exam. '' She looked deeply into her eyes '' So it was them ? The ones who made you think you were not good enough ? ''

Rosé looked down as she avoided her girlfriend's gaze and nodded '' My parents are perfectionists. They are never happy with my achievements .. - ''  She sighed again '' We are going to be late for work.''

'' Everything will be okay '' Suzy said as she grabbed Rosé's hands '' Do you want me to go with you ? ''

'' I still haven't told them about us '' Rosé replied guilty '' I - I - ... ''

'' Hey, it's okay. We are still taking it slow, remember ? '' Suzy said softly.

Rosé looked at her lovingly as the appreciation took over. She had been anxious about this day but Suzy always knew how to calm her down '' I love you.''  She said as she squeezed Suzy's hands.

'' I'm very proud of you '' Suzy said with a smile.

'' I love you '' She whispered again before placing a kiss on Suzy's cheek.

'' I love you too.'' Suzy said back as Rosé walked past her and out of the bedroom '' I'll see you later at the hospital.''

'' Yes Dr. Park ''

Suzy left the OR with an aching body. She made her way to the nurses station, handing off the patient's chart and making sure that they knew she was not to be paged any longer, her shift having finished hours ago. As she made her way to her office, she realized that she had forgotten to text Rosé and ask her about how the dinner with her parents went.

She quickened her pace on the way to the her office, knowing that Rosé would worry about her since her shift was supposed to end five hours ago. She gabbed her bag as she rummaged around for her phone to text her girlfriend .. which she left in the ER at the nurses station. Damn !

Ordinarily, Suzy would avoid the ER on the way to her car, not wanting to run the risk of being pulled into an incoming trauma, but she needed her phone. She quickly got her phone from one of the nurses on duty, whishing them a good night.

'' Suzy, what are you still doing here ? '' She heard her friend's voice.

'' Oh, Ji Eun, i came to retrieve my phone. I'm leaving now.''

Ji Eun looked at her as she smirked '' Are you in a hurry to see your girlfriend Rosé ? ''

'' Actually she's staying with her parents today '' Suzy sighed '' I'm so exhausted. Have a good shift.''

Suzy grabbed her phone as she was about to walk inside her office to change and leave when a voice grabbed her attention from behind.

'' Hey ! ''

Suzy turned around and could see a woman in her mid fifties staring at her '' Hello, do you need something ? ''

'' Yes i do '' The woman sneered coldly '' I need to confirm that you are the woman who is destroying my daughter's life.''

Suzy's heart stopped when she realized who this woman was '' You're ... ''

'' I'm Chaeyo

Please log in to read the full chapter