Chapter 24

Everything Has Changed
Please log in to read the full chapter

Don't forget to leave a comment 

Suzy walked through the front door and it was safe to say she was exhausted, and it was only 6 am. She was worked for 48 hours because they were understaffed and needed help. It was as if everyone decided to get hurt last night and all she wanted to do was to fall asleep next to her girlfriend. But she couldn't sleep because she needed to tell her about what happened earlier.

She took off her coat and shoes, throwing her bag by the door not even caring where it landed.

'' Chaeyoung ? '' Suzy called out figuring that her girlfriend was already up and getting ready for her shift at 7 am.

Suzy walked into the bedroom and found the most adorable scene in front of her, making a tired smile spread onto her face. She walked over to her side of the bed where she saw Rosé hugging her pillow to her chest and her head burrowed into it. Suzy shook her head, she didn't think she could love this woman any more than she did right now.

She leaned down and gave her a soft kiss on the cheek easily rousing her from her light sleep. Rosé started to move around and stretched, her eyes still closed, she opened them and smiled seeing her beautiful girlfriend sitting down on the bed.

'' Good morning, how was your shift ? '' Rosé asked through a yawn snuggling back into Suzy's pillow while still looking at her.

'' Good morning. It was a very long one and i want nothing more than to sleep in your arms right now.'' Suzy said with a smile and moved a piece of hair out of Rosé's face. She wanted to enjoy these few peaceful minutes with her before she told her the news.

Suzy quickly got into the bed and Rosé immediately felt the other woman lie behind her and wrap her arm around her waist '' I missed you so much.'' She closed her eyes, hoping to fall asleep soon and forget about the chaos of last night but Rosé's voice interrupted her.

'' What's wrong ? '' Rosé asked quietly as she turned around slowly to face her girlfriend.

'' What ? '' Suzy replied softly, eyes still closed.

'' Something's wrong with you. '' Rosé her hair gently.

'' Nothing is wrong. Why do you think something is wrong ? '' Suzy asked.

'' Because i know you. I can tell by the sound of your voice. Spit it out.'' Rosé said as she sat up and waited for her girlfriend to respond.

'' I ... '' Suzy opened to speak, but nothing was coming out. She wasn't sure how Rosé could tell something was on her mind. She avoided her gaze and looked towards the bedroom's door. Rosé leaned over trying to gain some eye contact, but her eyes stayed glued on the door '' It's nothing, really '' She finally said.

'' Hey, are you really okay ? '' Rosé asked, growing slightly concerned by the upsetting look at had taken over Suzy's face.

'' Yeah, i'm good. I'm so just tired.'' Her mind kept going back to what happened earlier at the hospital.

'' You, sure ? '' Rosé asked again. They promised each other to be honest but clearly there was something bothering her girlfriend so much that she didn't want to talk about it just yet. She leaned in and gave Suzy a kiss on the cheek and wrapped her arms around her again.

'' Yes.'' Suzy said, closing her eyes, hoping that Rosé would drop it. A moment of silence had taken over the room and Suzy thought that Rosé finally gave up.

'' You know ... '' Rosé paused '' You're not a good liar.'' She whispered. Something in her voice sounded different. Something within those five words seemed different, like she was hurt. 

Suzy looked at her, their faces inches away from each other. She leaned in and gave Rosé a gentle kiss on the lips. She didn't want her to think that she had done something wrong. She gave Rosé a reassuring smile and her cheek softly.

'' I'm good. We are good. '' She said softly before she sighed and sat up '' Did your mother call you ? ''

'' Why would she call me ? Is this about her again ? Did she come to the hospital ? '' Rosé asked as she followed Suzy who stood up and went to change her clothes.

'' I'm sorry, Chaeyoung '' She looked down, avoiding her girlfriend's gaze.

Rosé gave a weak, stressed laugh '' Suzy, what's going on ? ''

'' You mother had a heart attack last night and i performed an emergency surgery on her.''

Rosé felt her body tense '' What are you talking about ? Is she okay ? ''

Suzy put her hands on Rosé's shoulder and with a squeeze she replied '' She's okay. She told me not to tell you. It's patient confidentiality but i couldn't hide this from you.''

'' I need to see her.'' Rosé was getting frustrated '' I can't believe you were about to hide this from me, Suzy. This is unbelievable.''

'' I only came to change my clothes and then go back to the hospital.'' She paused '' I'm sorry for thinking about hiding this from you. But i assure you, your mother is okay. I didn't leave her room until i made sure she was safe.''

Rosé took a shaky breath '' What happened to her ? ''

Suzy sighed '' Your mother was so stressed out lately and she didn't take her medications. I -- ''

Rosé shook her head incredulously '' This is all my fault.'' She crumpled, guilt all over her face.

Suzy took a step closer but stopped when Rosé recoiled from her '' Come on, i'll drive you to the hospital.''

Rosé's shoulder dropped as her lip trembled '' It would be better if we are not seen together in front of her.''

Suzy nodded

The drive had been painfully long and quiet. By the time Suzy's car had pulled to a stop in front of the imposing facade of AMC hospital, Rosé was a nervous, quivering wreck. A thousand of scenarios running through her head of what she might be possibly confronted with. Her breathing was laboured.

Please log in to read the full chapter