Chapter 29

Everything Has Changed
Please log in to read the full chapter

Don't forget to leave a comment :)

Suzy's fingers trembled slightly, slipping over the wheel of the lighter uselessly, the cigarette dangling between her lips. After two more tries, the flame sprung to life.

As she inhaled tobacco into her lungs, she felt much calmer. Rosé is going back to Australia, she felt more anxious and stressed than before. She didn't even understand why did her mother hate her so much.

She swallowed a yelp as the cigarette burned too close to her fingertips. She dropped it to the ashtray, already pulling out another. This time the lighter worked like a dream, lightening it on the first go.

Suzy spun the lighter between her fingers. Why was Rosé's mother doing this ? What if Rosé changes her mind about their relationship ? 

She learned not to get attached to people, not to make real relationships because nothing lasted. She was an intern when she learned the lesson of staying detached. What was the point of loving people, caring about them if they always left ? 

She hadn't wanted to fall in love with Rosé, that had been an accident. All she had wanted was to make her smile but Rosé had been lovely. Even at her lowest points, even when she lied and left her, Suzy couldn't help but love Park Rosé. It was as natural as breathing. She tossed the of the cigarette to the ashtray, joining the first one. She lit another without a second thought. The third joined the other two and Suzy lit a fourth.

Rosé was grinning to herself as she walked up the stairs to the apartment after finishing her call with her sister. Her sisted informed her that her mother's blood pressure was high and that she almost had another , but she has been getting better and she'll be discharged tomorrow. She also told her that her mother wants to have a civil conversation with her. Rosé was happy. She finally felt a glimmer of hope. Maybe her mother will finally accept her relationship with Suzy.

She bursted into the apartment, all smiles, door swinging wildly in front of her. She was delighted to see her fiancée in the living room.

Suzy jumped up from the couch, slipping something into her pocket and looking like someone ready to bolt.

'' Chaeyoung.'' She said '' You're home early.''

Rosé moved forward, placing her hands of Suzy's hips as she kissed her '' I love you.''

Suzy looked surprised, a smile creeping onto her face '' You look happy.'' Rosé planted another kiss, slowing this time, lingering, '' What happened ? ''

'' Alice told me that my mother will be discharged tomorrow and she wants to have a conversation with me. A real conversation, not a fight. My sister seemed hopeful on the phone.'' Rosé couldn't stop the smile. She looped her arms around Suzy's neck '' I don't know what changed but i'm happy.''

It was

Please log in to read the full chapter