Chapter 20

Everything Has Changed
Please log in to read the full chapter

Thank you all for reading! All of your comments have been greatly appreciated!

'' Chaeyoung ? '' Suzy questioned, managing to find her voice. A shaky hand reached out to the young doctor, noticing the blood dripping from a cut on her forehead and down the side of her neck. Feeling for a pulse and letting a sigh of relief when she felt the gentle thrum of movement under her fingertips.

'' Chaeyoung ? ''

All Rosé felt was pain. Her head feeling as though the pressure inside could burst any second. Opening her eyes, the first thing she saw was Suzy's face in front of hers.

'' Can you hear me ? ''

'' Yes.''

'' Try not to move.'' Maneuvering herself with the little space she had so she was now kneeling next to Rosé, Suzy went to hold onto her, so she didn't move, worried about her obvious concussion and the possibility of a spinal injury. 

Rosé got a grip of her surroundings. The remaining window panes had shattered, and a few dusty rocks were still pouring inside the car. The car had dented slightly but mostly held up. There was still room to move and sit up. She looked at Suzy. She was alive.

'' My head, ugh '' She brought her hands up to her head, trying to alleviate some of the pressure, but to no avail.

'' Hey, don't move too much. Chaeyoung, i need you to try and focus really hard, you have a concussion that's why your head hurts, '' She reached out to hold Rosé's hand '' Does anything else hurt ? ''

'' I .. no, i don't think so.'' Regaining some of her bearing, the realization of what happened came rushing back to her at full force. They were going to die. '' Suzy .. are you okay ? Is J-Jimin okay ? What .. Is .. - ''

'' Chaeyoung, breathe, you got to breathe, okay ? I'm fine '' She regretfully looked at Rosé '' But it's just you and me.''

'' I think i'm going to be sick.''

Suzy quickly held her hair back for her as she threw up.

'' It's okay. I have got you.''

'' Great, '' Rosé sighed as she slumped back '' Now we are going to die.''

'' No '' Suzy insisted '' We are going to be fine.''

Rosé's breathing was too shallow for Suzy's liking, looking very pale as Suzy placed both hands on either side of her face noticing the signs of possible shock. She needed to keep Rosé as calm and still as possible.

'' Suzy, it's fine. It's not like they will ever find us under this mess.''

Suzy her cheek gently '' We are going to be fine '' She promised '' I am going to get us out of here. We are not going to die. You are not going to die.''

'' Suzy ... I'm sorry about the words .. I-I said that night. '' Rosé looked to be fighting a battle to keep her eyes open.

'' Chaeyoung '' Suzy squeezed her hand '' Try to stay awake please.''

The sound of Suzy's voice made the doctor a bit more alert but did nothing to help the pain and nausea she was still feeling. '' I'm awake. I'm awake.''

Suzy stared at the metal stick next to her as she got an idea '' Chaeyoung, this is probably going to give you a terrible headache but i'm going to bang this stick against the roof until someone hears it. They have probably noticed our absence by now. This might get their attention. ''

Rosé shifted a bit, so she was sitting more upright '' I could see the headlines now : ' A couple spend their last moments together under pile of rubble ' It's like a modern version of Romeo and Juliet.'' It was almost funny.

Suzy used her free hand to rest on her girlfriend's cheek, she leaned in and kissed Rosé's forehead '' We will get out of here. I promise you that. '' She paused '' Please stay awake.''

Suzy took the metal stick and smashed it against the roof of the car as hard as she could. It was loud.

'' My head is .. about to explode '' The pain and pressure in her head were causing her to become very dizzy '' Just keep going.''

Suzy smashed it against the roof, again and again and again, until finally, she and Rosé heard voices above them.

Suzy sighed in relief '' It worked ! ''

Rosé's eyes couldn't stay open any longer '' Hey, hey, Chaeyoung, don't close your eyes ! ''

Mere minutes later,  Suzy and Rosé felt a waft of cold and fresh air hit them. They heard a bulldozer and more voices.

'' You hanging in there ? '' Suzy moved a hand to caress

Please log in to read the full chapter