Chapter 13

Everything Has Changed
Please log in to read the full chapter

Don't forget to leave a comment and let me know what you think about this chapter

Jennie and Rosé were getting coffee at the cafeteria, chit-chatting as they waited for their beverages. Well, Jennie was talking and Rosé was distracted. It was happening more and more lately ever since Suzy returned to work. When Jennie noticed that her friend had completely zoned out and looking at something behind her, she turned around and saw Suzy and Ji Eun animatedly talking afar with their phones in their hands. All things considered, Jennie had spotted that Rosé's unusual sidetracked-behavior lately often coincided with the cardiothoracic surgeon being in the vicinity.

'' Are you even listening to me ? '' Jennie snapped her fingers in front of Rosé's face and made an annoyed face.

'' Sorry, i zoned out,'' Rosé had the decency to look apologetic at least.

'' Yeah, i kinda got that part when you started pouring salt in your coffee,'' Jennie said unimpressed with an eyebrow raised and a smirk.

Rosé looked at her hand and noticed that indeed yes, she had been pouring salt instead of sugar.

'' Well, here goes my first coffee of the morning i guess.'' She sighed as she dumped it into the nearest bin, grumpy at herself for getting distracted.

'' So, Suzy, huh ? '' Jennie said warmly with an encouraging smile as she looped her arm with Rosé and started walking.

'' Suzy what ? ''

'' Oh, come on, you know you can tell me the truth, i can keep a secret.''

'' There's no secret to keep.'' Rosé lied, feeling guilty but knowing  it was for the greater good.

'' You're not a good liar Chaeyoung.'' Jennie smiled '' I shouldn't have dismissed the rumor i heard few months ago from the interns.''

Rosé eyes widened '' What rumor ? ''

'' An intern insisted that she saw Suzy kissing someone in the interns' spot under the rain.'' Jennie told her.

'' What ! '' Rosé stopped dead in her tracks, it was the day her girlfriend told her she was going to have the surgery and she was so happy that she kissed her on impulse. It wasn't long after that that Suzy received the favoritism complaint.

'' So are you dating ? or is it one sided ? ''

'' I, umm, i - ''

'' You're together '' Jennie stated and gave her a knowing look.

'' No we're not '' Rosé denied.

'' Now that i'm putting things together, i remember when you were at the hospital on the day of Suzy's surgery when you had the day off. '' Jennie crossed her arms '' Are you still going to deny it ? Should i just ask Dr Bae ? ''

'' Am i this obvious ? i thought i was hiding it so well '' Rosé asked  and soon realized what she accidently admitted.

Jennie shrugged as she smirked '' I'm just sharp and putting two and two together i just figured it out. I must admit, Suzy is much better at hiding it than you. ''

Rosé sighed '' My career is ruined now, i might have to transfer to another hospital.''

Laughter bubbled up Jennie's stomach and she snorted a racking laugh that shook her entire  rib-cage '' Calm down. She's no longer your supervisor, remember ? you are allowed to date her. ''

'' She received a favoritism complaint, i'm afraid the director and the HR will think that Suzy was giving me  special treatment even if my name was not mentioned in the complaint '' She whispered in a low voice.

'' You'll figure it out, don't worry about it. I'll keep your secret safe '' Jennie patted her shoulder '' So tell me, how did you manage to get the most beautiful doctor in the hospital to fall for you ? ''

'' Stop it '' Rosé blushed '' Suzy .. Suzy is .. great '' She grinned dreamily.

'' Aww, you're so in love with her, aren't you ? '' Jennie teased.

Rosé sighed '' I'm envious you get to have Suzy as your supervisor again. I guess i'm going to be stuck with my new attending for the next 4 years of my residency.''

Coffee tasted like heaven. Suzy closed her eyes as she took another sip, enjoying the strong smell of her dark coffee. Her legs were propped on top of her desk. She was enjoying a rare moment of absolutely doing nothing. She had finished her rounds a few hours early today since her workload was reduced after the surgery.

'' So, how's your lovely girlfriend ? '' Ji Eun asked.

Suzy drank the last of her drink, '' What about her ? ''

'' Are you upset that you're no longer her supervisor ? ''

Suzy shrugged '' I think she's more upset about this than me. Actually i'm grateful i'm not supervising her. I don't want to put her in a bad position because of the nature of our relationship.''

Ji Euu looked at her earnestly. her expression solemn '' You know the director wants to promote you to Chief of cardiothoracic surgery

Please log in to read the full chapter