Chapter 25

Everything Has Changed
Please log in to read the full chapter
Don't forget to leave a comment :)

Rosé wanted nothing than to go home with Suzy, eat some dinner and take a bath then sleep. Her mother was finally discharged from the hospital an hour ago. During the past five days, she tried her best to avoid bringing up her relationship with the senior doctor in front of her mom. The last thing she wanted to do is aggravate her condition. But now since she went home, and her father and Alice were taking care of her, she figured she could spend some time with Suzy whom she neglected for the past few days. They were understaffed and she barely saw her busy girlfriend. She felt guilty for leaving all this workload for her to deal with when two other doctors were also absent. But she couldn't leave her sick mother.

She glanced at the watch on her wrist and sighed. Suzy was probably still in the OR, that was last text she received from her, two hours ago. She decided to head down to the ER, hoping she could find something to do to help pass time until her girlfriend finishes the surgery.

She ended up giving some sutures to a little boy who had fallen at the playground. She glanced up at the chart where the names of the patients were listed. She felt her heart skip a beat when she read the name '' Bae Suzy ''

But Suzy was in surgery ! That was probably a mistake. Her girlfriend wasn't the only one who had this name in South Korea. But, her heart almost dropped when she listened to the voices around her, every doctor and patient in the ER were talking about Dr Bae Suzy passing out in the OR.

Her feet moved before her brain could catch up. She went straight over to the bed Suzy in and ripped the curtain open. Suzy was laying on the bed. She was on an IV  and sleeping as Ji Eun was writing something on her chart.

'' Dr Lee, what happened ? Is she okay ? ''  Her voice was laced with concern and worry.

Ji Eun's eyes widened. She just promised her best friend not to tell Rosé but the doctor was standing in front of her and she couldn't do anything about it '' Umm, yeah.'' She said, looking at her friend who was still out cold, '' She passed out after the surgery in the OR. I think it's from exhaustion. She hasn't left the hospital for the past five days. She said she hasn't slept much. She's got a low grade fever ... She's pretty dehydrated but once she's hydrated and awake, she can go home ''

'' When did that happen ? Why didn't you tell me ? ''

'' She's been out for about half an hour. She needs a little rest, '' Ji Eun said '' And i didn't tell you .... Umm ... because ... Well ... You - ''

Rosé crossed her arms '' Because what Ji Eun ? '' 

Ji Eun bit her lip, the young doctor was mad at her if she dropped the formalities and called her by her name '' Suzy told me not to do it because you have a lot to deal with at the moment.''

Rosé shook her head as she chuckled '' Is she always this stubborn ? ''

Ji Eun smiled '' You have no idea ''

'' Thank you for staying with her.'' Rosé said softly, taking Suzy's hand in hers.

'' Of course, '' She nodded '' I'll leave you two alone. I'll come back later.'' She added as she left.

Rosé leaned over and gave Suzy a kiss on her head, lingering there for a moment, allowing the smell of her girlfriend's shampoo to ground her. She settled into the chair next to Suzy's bed and laid her head down next to their clasped hands.

Two hours later, Suzy stirred on the bed drawing Rosé's attention from her phone. Rosé quickly put down her phone, moving from her chair to sit on the side of the bed.

'' Hey ! ''

'' Chaeyoung '' Suzy opened her eyes.

'' Are  you feeling any better ? '' Rosé smiled softly.

'' I'm feeling better now after resting and being hydrated. '' She reassured Rosé.

'' Don't ever do that to me again! '' Rosé almost yelled at her.

Suzy tried to give her worried girlfriend a smile as she sat up on the bed '' I'm totally fine. Really ! ''

Rosé crossed her arms '' When you said you were going to handle it that was not what i was expecting. I just sent my sick mother home, now my girlfriend is in the ER and attempted to hide this from me.''

'' I'm sorry. You were taking care of your mother and i -- '' She paused '' I'm really sorry.'' 

Rosé knew her girlfriend was really sorry about what happened and of course she was not truly angry with her, how could she ? It's kind of impossible to get angry with those eyes.

'' Suzy, let's go on a trip." Rosé said as Suzy moved over so the young doctor could sit next to her.

Suzy nodded, leaning on Rosé's shoulder '' I would love that.''

'' Once you are feeling better let's go somewhere far away from here and relax '' Rosé said, holding Suzy close.

They spent another three hours in the ER, Suzy getting fluid and resting.

'' Alright, '' Ji Eun said, coming in with the discharge papers '' You are free to go now. I

Please log in to read the full chapter