EPILOGUE

Fix You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2nd day

"Jihoon's late." Amber commented, sliding a cup of coffee to Yoona who looked annoyingly fresh and radiant so early in the morning. 

 

"Thanks, Ambs. The boys slept over at my place last night. I think they went to sleep around 4AM. I told Jihoon I'll cover for him."

 

Amber glared at her playfully. "You what?! You better help around at the cafe today then. How can they have so much energy after spending a day at Lotte World? My back hurts from walking all day around the park."

 

"I haven't gotten the chance to thank you for your part yesterday."

 

The cafe owner waved off her thanks. "It's been a long time coming, Yoong. I'm just glad the two of you decided to take the leap already. So after riding the ferris wheel about 10 consecutive times, where'd you go?"

 

The manager blushed when she was reminded of the ferris wheel rides. The first three rides, the two just talked, hands intertwined, Jiyong's arm wrapped around her. From the fifth ride onwards, the new couple were full on making out inside. 

 

Yoona's lips was red and swollen from the kisses that they decided not to say goodbye as they escaped from their friends.

 

"We just took a long drive." Yoona answered, looking away.

 

"Uh huh? Long drive huh?" Amber smirked.

 

"Yes. Don't look at me like that. He took me back to my house and he went home too. Found the house taken over by Jaehyuk and the boys."

 

Amber shrugged, not believing her bestfriend. "I'm happy for you, Yoong. Truly. Although, I really don't know how you did it."

 

"Did what?"

 

"Johnny and Jiyong. I still think it was such an impossible choice." Amber wondered.

 

Yoona nodded, sipping her coffee. "It was. All things worked out for the best though, right? I guess it's hard to understand unless you're in the position I was in."

 

Her bestfriend agreed. "I wish to I'm never put in that position where I need to choose between two hotties."

 

"Amber, are you crazy?!" Yoona gasped. "You don't say that! That's like wanting the universe to challenge you."

 

"Huh? Psssh. You still believe in that? That's not how it works." Amber saw her phone ringing and groaned upon seeing the caller ID. 

 

"Oohh, what do your parents want this time?"

 

"Someone I know from childhood got here in Seoul. He's from Canada. And my parents wants me to help him out, meet new friends, get a job until he's stable."

 

"A childhood friend? That seems nice."

 

"He's not a friend, Yoong." She turned to Yoona, a little angry. "He's a nightmare. He used to be so annoying and such a monster. He would put ketchup on my soda as a prank. It's disgusting. That Henry Lau is disgusting."

 

Yoona couldn't help but laugh. "Sounds like a good old enemies to lovers story, huh?"

 

"No." She pointed a straw at her. "Don't even go there. I'm only doing this so my folks could help put up capital for the third cafe."

 

Yoona nodded, teasing her. "Uh huh, whatever you say, Ambs. It's the universe stirring up your life. I'm going up to my office now. See you later."

 

Yoona went upstairs, leaving Amber alone in the almost empty cafe. The chimes of the door sounded. 

 

"Welcome to Cafe Sonder!"

 

"Hi, I'm looking for Im Yoona?"

 

Amber looked at the newly arrived guest. She has long black hair, perfectly made up face and has an aura of an elite. "Who's asking?"

 

"I'm Krystal Jung. Jessica unni is my sister. She asked me to come here and meet Yoona-ssi." The girl said with an accent, she eyed Amber with a tilt of her head.

 

"Oh well, Yoona just came up. Let me call her back down here. Do you want anything? Coffee? Tea?"

 

"Iced Latte would be good. But what's better would be your phone number." Krystal confidently threw the pick up line, winking at Amber. 

 

Amber swallowed. She was tempted to believe Yoona was right. The universe is stirring up trouble in her life.

 

365th day

 

"Yoonggg~ Haechan's hitting me again!" She heard Mark shout. "Stop it!"

 

"A private room for 10." The hostess of the LA Chinese restaurant that some of NCT127 had insisted on dining in ushered them into the room. It was a spacious and clearly a room reserved for influential guests of the 4-star restaurant. 

 

Yoona took her seat at the right end of the table, Taeyong sitting at the head, Wendy beside Yoona and then Johnny, whose arms are already around his lover.

 

"Yummy~" Jungwoo loudly exclaimed, making Yoona look at him.

 

She turned to Taeil filming his fellow member. "Cameras on?"

 

"We have to film for the vlog, remember?" Taeyong reminded her.

 

Now that NCT fans know whos she is and how much power she holds over where and when the group appears, they have been kind to her. She would usually be heard in the background of the videos or even shown during vlogs and what-nots. 

 

She rolled her eyes and groaned. "Ugh, fine. Just don't film me or Wendy."

 

 "Ya! That hurt!" Mark yelped in pain.

 

Yoona put down her phone and glared ta the culprit. "Lee Donghyuck! Give it a break, will you?"

 

NCT127's maknae had the nuance to look ashamed. It's never a good sign that he was called by his real name. "Sorry, warden."

 

Ahh, that cursed nickname. Jiyong had visited her in set of one of NCT Dream's MV filming and they heard him call her 'warden'. Jiyong, ever the annoying bastard, even explained to them what it meant and the word had gotten around. All of the idols Yoona have managed or still managing, now calls her warden whenever she scolds them. 

 

"Uh oh. What has gotten you so pissed? Did some of the members locked themselves out of their rooms again?" Johnny asked, noticing Yoona's sour mood.

 

Yoona's managing and consulting firm had increased in clients in the span of one year. From a team of four people, she now employs 15 highly skilled PR consultants that handle the ins and outs of the industry. She would usually just stay in Seoul to oversee all her clients but SM had requested that she personally handle NCT's North American tour. She was in charge of the backstage stuff, the hotels, the transportations and the in-betweens of all 23 members. To say it was a big task was an understatement.

 

She took it as an opportunity though to prove her skills and expand her connections in the American market. One downside of the trip though, is being away from her brother and loved ones back in Seoul. LA was only their 4th stop. There are still six more to go.

 

Yoona didn't answer but instead, opened up her Instagram to see if a certain person had updated today.

 

"Didn't you know?" She heard Wendy answer. "It's supposed to be their first anniversary. He hasn't called her yet."

 

Taeyong look surprised. "It's been a year already? Wow, time goes by fast."

 

"If he's in Seoul, he might just be still asleep, Yoong." Taeil comforted her. "Different time zones remember?"

 

"We can be your anniversary dates tonight, Yoong noona." Mark offered cutely.

 

Yoona had to chuckle at that. "I'm fine, guys. Don't worry about me."

 

"Ready to order?" A waiter entered the private room.

 

Yoona didn't look up as she was preoccupied with her phone. She scrolled down to refresh her Instagram homepage, still no update. Should she check Twitter? She opened the bird app, she saw photos of BLACKPINK's Rose and Lisa at the airport, check YG's news. Maybe he's on a schedule? 

 

"I'll have the salad." Yoona muttered mindlessly. 

 

She heard the members of 127 trying to contain laughter, although she doesn't have an idea why. Maybe they're doing some bit for the vlog. She couldn't be bothered. Maybe she should just text him? 

 

"Wait-- aren't you NCT127?" The waiter asked. Yoona mentally rolled her eyes. Can she not deal with fans right now? Her boyfriend of one year haven't texted her or greeted her yet. "I have to say, your looks are kinda disappointing. I guess kind of like your music."

 

Yoona looked up from her phone. Right across from her was Taeil who has the camera pointed at her. He didn't look mad, he looked amused. Taeyong also looked like he's going to burst out laughing. Haechan and Mark were looking anywhere else but at her like they're trying not to lose control of their laughter.

 

"All those noise music. My ears are ringing from listening to your songs." The waiter added.

 

Oh hell no. No one gets away with insulting her artists. "Excuse me?!" Yoona hissed through clenched teetch. She turned her head so fast to face the rude waiter and give him the speech about how he had no right to say those things.  Yoona almost fell back on the table, stopping mid breath. She had to grip the table behind her so she won't lose her footing. 

 

Before her was the man who's been haunting her dreams for the past few weeks she's been in America. With his head tilted to the side, Kwon Jiyong's lips parted into a broad smile as she watched the recognition form in her eyes. From being annoyed, she looks like so surprised, feeling hazy from what's happening. Is this a dream?

 

"Happy anniversary, baby." Jiyong grinned. "What, I don't get a hug?"

 

Yoona took the step and hugged him so tight. "Oh my god, Ji! I've missed you so much." She sobbed.

 

The others errupted in cheers. 

 

With Yoona still hugging him, Jiyong addressed the others. "Thanks for helping me pull this surprise, guys. And what I said earlier was just to rile her up."

 

"No problem, hyung! We're glad to do it!" Taeyong said back.

 

Yoona hit him in the chest lightly and then pulled back. She pointed at the 127 members in the room. "You're officially traitors! Jiyong has 127 in his pocket and I'm never trusting you boys again!"

 

"Noona, you were looking so gloom and irritated lately. We had to do something." Haechan answered cheekily.

 

"Go and spend your anniversary together, unni." Wendy shooed the couple away. "I'll handle them. We'll see you tomorrow."

 

"Let's go, babe. I got a Mercedes-Benz downstairs. We'll see LA the right way."

 

As they were on their way downstairs, Yoona stopped the YG superstar. "Can we go for a ride tomorrow instead? I just want you to myself tonight."

 

"Uhmm hell yes." They got in the convertible car to make their way back to Yoona's hotel room. 

 

"Wait--" Yoona's managerial instincts kicked in. "You're not here alone, are you?!"

 

"Err-- of course I am babe."

 

"Don't lie to me, Kwon Jiyong!" She crossed her arms. "Are you saying if I check in with Jaehyun and Yuta's rooms who were just 'not in the mood' to go out, I won't find two Blackpink members in their rooms?"

 

Jiyong bit his lip, unable to lie to his girlfriend. "Well, I would not suggest doing that because you might see things you'll want to unsee."

 

"If someone saw them--"

 

"We've been very careful so don't worry, okay? Just focus on me tonight."

 

Yoona calmed down at his last statement. She still pouted though, not wanting to admit defeat. "Fine. But you'll be punished."

 

Jiyong smirked, stepping on the accelerator of the car. "Punish me all night, babe."

 

530th day

 

Yoona flipped over the french toast on the pan, smiling at the direction of her bedroom where Jiyong had just came out stretching wearing only pajamas and an oversized PMO shirt. "Morning~"

 

"Morning, jagi~" He immediately went to her, hugging her from the back and kissing her neck and then cheek. 

 

She giggled, happy to have downtime with Jiyong who's working on an a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter