A New Light

Fix You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Welcome back to DJ Hyo's Dessert Nights." The radio DJ said as the song ended. Yoona had brought a small radio that fit the atmosphere of a date under the stars. "We have a good weather tonight, I hope you folks are outside and are savoring the breeze that is perfect for a walk at night. Here's a song from the nation's siblings, Akdong Musician: Happening."

 

"Jinjja~" He moaned after taking another bite of the heavenly pecan pie made by Yoona. "I know I'm supposed to be dieting for my comeback but this is just so-- Ya! Stop looking at me like that."

 

Yoona feigned innocence. "Like what?"

 

"Like I did something bad--"

 

"YOU DID SOMETHING BAD!" Yoona interrupted. "You were supposed to do what? Two songs and Good Boy with Taeyang? Yet you're here.."

 

That was true. But no one can ruin the mood for Jiyong. The skies are clear and the stars came out to play. The crescent moon was shining bright and there were a bunch of fireflies on a nearby tree that made the setting look magical. And by some miracle, he's here instead of that giant NCT member. No one can ruin his mood.

 

"Stop worrying--"

 

"It's literally my job to worry about your career."

 

He groaned. "Can you just... chill, please? Look at this place.It's illegal to be stressed in a place like this. We can deal with that problem later and I swear I will cooperate with no complains."

 

"Fine." Jiyong sighed in relief but Yoona wasn't done yet.  "In one condition: first, tell me why you're here."

 

Ahh, spoken like a true manager. Conditions is always a must. 

 

He wanted to lie. He had come up with a lame excuse earlier about Seungri being a lousy manager tonight and that's why he ran. But lying to Yoona doesn't feel right to him anymore.

 

"I.. heard from Hyorin noona that Johnny didn't make it to your date. I knew you were looking forward to tonight. I guess..." He looked down at his plate to avoid eye contact. "I guess I just didn't want you to feel sad again."

 

The amount of words unsaid in between Jiyong's statement was plenty. He didn't know whether to wish she understands or not.

 

"That's really.." Yoona blinked a few times. "..sweet. Stupid but sweet."

 

He smiled, a little disappointed about the lack of.. reaction? If she only asked, he was ready to confess everything right then and there. "And hey, gotta keep my crisis manager on her feet. Don't want you to think managing me is getting boring before you leave."

 

She laughed, pouring champagne on the paper cups she brought. "Trust me, with you there are no boring days."

 

Then spend the rest of your days with me.

 

"Omo, omo! Look! Shooting star! Make a wish, ppali~" Yoona put both her hands together abover her chest and closed her eyes. 

 

Jiyong looked at her with a grin before closing his eyes too.

 

Yoona sighed happily. The night might have not started out good but Jiyong is here... and she just saw a shooting star. "What did you wish for?"

 

"I wished that whatever it was you wished would come true."

 

"That was a short message from one of our sponsors. And now, we're going back in time with this throwback track from G-Dragon's first album. Yorobun~ G-Dragon feat. Park Bom, this is We Belong Together."

 

Yoona's eyes widened comically upon hearing the idol's name on the radio. "That's you!"

 

It wasn't uncommon to hear his songs in the radio. With a lot of songs in his belt, he would likely to hear his songs play but it seems that it was the first time for Yoona. And her cute expression made him chuckle. 

 

"Daebakk~ I haven't heard this song before. Very old school style." Yoona praised, nodding her head along to the song. 

 

"This was from very long ago and it wasn't a title track." He suddenly felt nostalgic remembering the song. "Sometimes I miss those days when my name hasn't made noise yet. I still had a normal life back then."

 

Yoona rolled her eyes. "Very hard to sympathize with you and your net worth, Your Majesty."

 

He pushed her in a teasing manner. "I'm serious! Back then I was a little insecure about my music so I would go out to open mic nights in different bars or coffee shops and I'd sing my compositions or just recite the lyrics. Just to see if my work could resonate to other people."

 

Yoona listens to him intently, her knees tucked as she placed a hand over her cheek. She missed this. Just them talking about their lives, things that unconsciously come out naturally in their conversations. Sharing so effortlessly. Things that perhaps never came up with conversations with other people. 

 

"There are days where people would clap and cheer, but some days they'll ignore me and just go talk amongst themselves. Maybe that's why I worked so hard in honing my stage presence." 

 

Yoona furrowed her brows. Come to think of it, she had never seen him perform live. She would always be backstage or busy arranging for his next schedule.

 

His smile got wider as he remembered something else. "You know I was supposed to debut with Seungri and Taeyang?"

 

That was new information. "Seungri? Debuting as an idol?"

 

"It was supposed to be five of us. You already met Daesung, right? And then TOP hyung.. He's a rapper too. He ended up doing international trade, paintings and furnitures and what-nots. We even recorded songs and stuff. But Hyun Suk hyung decided to go a different direction and debuted me and Taeyang solo. Seungri didn't want to do solo and ended up as a manager because he likes control. Daesung liked the drums too much and was content with playing in our live band."

 

Yoona tilted her head. "You never got to perform together?"  He shook his head sadly. "Would you have liked debuting in a group?"

 

He shrugged. "What's not to like? I see my hoobaes and how they're having fun with each other. It would have been great...." He looked down. "Maybe in a different reality we did debut as a group."

 

"Hmm.."

 

 

"IRRESPONSIBLE! HYUNG, YOU SHOULD HAVE AT LEAST WARNED ME. I--"

 

"Lee Seunghyun, please. Lower your volume." Kwon Dami complained. "You're going to wake umma and appa!"

 

Seungri had almost waken up the entire pension house the moment Taeyang's car pulled up in the driveway. He was pissed for being the scapegoat for earlier's events with Yoona and Jiyong both unreachable the entire time. 

 

"Sorry," The manager said, pinching his nose and doing breathing exercises. "Hyun Suk sajangnim surely teared me a new one."

 

Yoona winced, feeling guilty for everything. "What's the damage, Seungri?"

 

He sat down and rubbed his temple. Jiyong rolled his eyes at his dramatics. He was enjoying the attention for sure and the YG CEO wouldn't really scold him that bad. Seungri a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter