One Perfectly Good Woman

Fix You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Now playing: Off my face - Justin Beiber

 

"I was surprised when you replied to me. I guess I thought you needed more time." Johnny said as they found a peaceful corner on the practice building's rooftop. "We could have gone somewhere else."

 

Yoona smiled as she sat beside Johnny, offering him the coffee she bought at the SM cafe. "I needed to attend a meeting at the new building anyway. It's fine."

 

"How have you been? Everyone's on edge here. Every restriction has doubled to ensure NCT 2020's success."

 

"I'm doing well, Jaehyuk's been better but he's still grieving which is understandable. Are you eating well? I saw your schedule and I got worried." Her eyes showed her worriness, her sincereness making Johnny ruffle her head softly.

 

"Don't worry about me. I can take care of myself. So? Have you.. decided?"

 

Yoona sighed, nodding her head. Tears are already forming in her eyes. "Johnny-ah, I'm sorry."

 

Johnny smiled in defeat, hanging his head down.

 

No one spoke. Not for a few minutes. "I'm sorry. You did nothing wrong. It's me. I'm so sorry."

 

"Kwon Jiyong?"

 

She closed her eyes. It feels icky, dirty even. She wasn't in an exclusive relationship with anyone but being so emotionally invested with both men, have her feeling so unclean about this. "Johnny.."

 

"Do you remember the time I first asked you out? It was during the awards show. It might sound weird, but my eyes couldn't help but follow you around that night. You looked beautiful in that black dress." Johnny gulped, this wasn't an easy confesion. "I watched as Jiyong-ssi approached you and Chaerin that night, saw how your eyes shone when you saw him. Saw how heartbroken you looked before you walked out on him."

 

"Y-you saw that?"

 

"The look on your eyes.. and the way you pulled yourself together so fast. I wanted to be there for you so I asked you out. You didn't have to be sad, I wanted to make you happy, see a genuine smile on your face. I could fix your heartbreak."

 

Yoona's tears started falling freely then. "You did. You made me happy."

 

"We were happy, weren't we? But I understand. I do. I was willing to fight. I really thought I had a chance. Until that day in the hospital, even when unconscious, hearing him say he likes you, made your heart go into overdrive." He shrugged with a bitter laugh. "I couldn't compete with that."

 

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean--"

 

"I know."

 

Yoona sniffed again as the tears continued rolling from her eyes. She held on to Johnny like her life depended on it. Can they just stay like this? Can this be not complicated anymore? Johnny is a safe choice. Can she just ignore everything else?

 

"I really do like you, Johnny."

 

"Sshh, I know. I know. But you love him."

 

She didn't contradict him because he was right. Yoona loves Jiyong. This is the problem.

 

"Hey, don't worry about me. We'll be okay. We can still be friends. I love you too much to act like strangers again. But just give me some time, okay? It just stings a little too much right now." She doesn't deserve Johnny Suh. He's too kind for her.

 

"I'm so sorry. I'm sorry I wasted your time on me." She bawled her eyes out. 

 

"Yoong~ Don't ever say that. Being with you wasn't a waste of time. Just because our time was short doesn't mean it wasn't real. Everything happens for a reason." He hugged her in his arms tight. "I love that I get to spend time with you and that I've gotten to know you. I wouldn't trade that with anything."

 

"I won't too." She sniffed, feeling a little better wrapped in his arms. 

 

"Do you.. do you think things would have been different if I had asked you out way before you met him?" He in his breath. "Wait.. Don't answer that."

 

Yoona kissed him on the cheek. "You are a good man, Johnny. And you will be that good man to someone who deserves you."

 

"Everything will be okay, Yoong. We'll be working together. We'll be okay."

 

Yoona pulled away from him and wiped her tears. "Actually.. about that.."

 

Johnny's brows furrowed. "You're still working with SM... right?"

 

 

"Where are you going, young lady?" Mrs. Park asked when Yoona stood up to follow Wendy and Jaehyuk. "Do you not need my help anymore?"

 

"I think I'm just going with my gut with this one, Mrs. Park."

 

"Yoona, these are three lives you are talking about. Whatever you decide would affect not only you but Jiyong-ssi and Johnny-ssi as well."

 

Yoona looked down, knowing Mrs. Park was right. She hates being in this position so much. "What should I do?"

 

"I can't tell you that. But I will tell you three things that Pastor Kim always tells the teenagers when he visits." Pastor Kim is a local pastor who comes and preaches to the children, giving them hope and leaving them with wise words that helps them deal with life.

 

"First.. Just because he checks all your boxes, doesn't mean he's the one for you. He could be everything you want and still not feel what you are supposed to feel for him. Jiyong-ssi and Johnny-ssi seems to be both good men. But is one of them really for you?"

 

Mrs. Park's question made Yoona lean back on her seat, thinking about her point.

 

"The next one is something Pastor Kim would answer when the kids ask him when they could have a boyfriend or girlfriend. He would say 'Think about the most unattractive part of you. The thing you don't talk about. The thing you are insecure about. Would you be okay with them knowing that? Are you going to be comfortable with them having that knowledge about you?'"

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter