The War that Continued

Fix You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Four: The War that Continued (and the many battles that took place)

 

 

Yoona said a small prayer as she stopped in front of the office door. She was carrying four coffees from Cafe Sonder where she stopped by before work knowing that she needed the caffeine fix and the encouragement from her bestfriend. 

 

"He's so arrogant and his carelessness about his career makes me so mad!" Yoona ranted as Amber handed her another shot. True to her words, Amber stopped by that night bringing chicken and soju for the two of them. "A lot of people are probably aiming to have what he has and he's just throwing it away! A club, Amber! He brought me to a club!"

 

Amber laughed. "I'm sure you were culture shocked. You've never stepped in such a place your whole life."

 

Amber and Yoona's personality couldn't be more different. Amber is outgoing and have enjoyed the night life quite a lot. She was raised by two lawyers, her older sister followed their parents' footsteps so she was more free to follow what she wants to do without any repercussions. She opened Cafe Sonder, a lowlit, intimate and definitely hip coffee shop. 

 

So while Amber was doing what normal young adults do, Yoona was working her off. She wanted to make sure she wasn't a burden to her adoptive mother so she worked as soon as she turned legal and have been working ever since. She had no time for clubs. She only knows the casual work drinks or this at-home soju drinks with Amber.

 

She downed the shot and gave her best friend an unimpressed look. "Ya, did you come here just to mock me?"

 

"Sorry, sorry. It's just that I've never seen you this frustrated over a client before."

 

Yoona pouted. "Yeah, well I've never had a client that didn't want his problem to be fixed before. I can help him, I know I can! But he just won't accept help."

 

"Maybe you're being clouded by your hatred for G-Dragon." Amber suggested.

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"Let's step back for a second, yeah? What's the problem?"

 

"His career is--"

 

"Ani~ What's the problem *right now*?"

 

"He keeps going to clubs and that gets us bad press."

 

Amber nodded thoughtfully. "Okay. So fixer Im, what should be the solution?"

 

"He's gotta stop going to clubs."

 

"How can you make him stop going?"

 

Yoona shook her head. "Aren't you listening? He's not going to do what I tell him to."

 

"You're looking at it one-sided. Try solving the problem from the other side."

 

Yoona sat annoyed and thoughtful... until it came to her. "If I do this.. he's going to come for my job." Then she smiled and laughed like a maniac, taking out her phone.

 

Now that she was sober, she's a little dubious if she made the right call last night. Nevertheless, what's done is done. 

 

"Yoona, fighting!" She cheered on herself as she take one last exhale and opened the door. "Good morning!"

 

She plastered a big smile on her face as she greeted Seungri and Sooyoung. "I brought you vanilla latte, Seungri-ssi. And for Sooyoung, caramel macchiato."

 

Sooyoung gasped. "How did you know I like this?"

 

Seungri sipped on his coffee and sighed. "Yoona has this sixth sense when it comes to coffee orders."

 

"Ohh, I'll exchange the coffee with this!" Sooyoung gave her a hard drive with GD's logo on it. "It's everything YG released on GD. Music videos and documentaries. I thought it would help on your research project on him."

 

"It will! Thank you, Sooyoung!" Yoona grinned and grabbed her own coffee. She put it near and smelled its sweet aroma. Before she could taste it, it was stolen from her hands. "Y-ya!"

 

She turned and saw G-Dragon grinning. "What? You're bringing coffee to my staff but not me?"

 

"I thought I wasn't part of your team." She spat. "That's my coffee."

 

"Hmm, nah. It's mine now." He sipped on the coffee cup but as soon as it hits his tongue, he made a face and regretfully swallowed. "What the ?!"

 

Yoona raised her head, satisfied that atleast the arrogant idol got his karma so fast. "That's coffee kombucha. It's an acquired taste."

 

"An acquired taste? It tastes like apple cider gone bad."

 

Yoona grabbed the coffee back from him. "No one asked you to taste it! I thought you were coming in in the afternoon as always, Your Majesty." The sarcasm was dripping at the title she used.

 

"Well, I'm here now."

 

"Here." She grabbed the fourth coffee off the cup holders. "Black coffee. Like your heart." 

 

"Ms. Im, do you always wake up at the wrong side of the bed?" GD asked with an annoying smile as he accepted the coffee.

 

"Only during mornings after I was brought to a club unknowingly." Yoona her lips, ready to drop the bomb. "By the way, how was your night, GD-ssi? Enjoyed, I hope?"

 

"Oh I did. I had to find a ride home though, some random gal that I met. Would that be a press issue?" The fake politeness in their voices made Seungri and Sooyoung look at each other. They were sipping their coffees full of interest. 

 

Yoona waved a hand and shrugged. "No worries, I'm sure I can handle it. I'm glad you enjoyed. Because that will be the last time you'll be going to elite clubs in Seoul."

 

The casualty in her voice made him double take before fully understanding what she was saying. "What did you do?"

 

"Nothing!" Yoona said in a higher tone. "I just remembered a sunbaenim I worked with in my previous firm is managing the PR of the club you attended last night." She turned to the two audience. "Interesting thing, did you know that all of the elite clubs are actually owned just by one company?"

 

GD's gaze darkened as he slowly realized where this is going.

 

Yoona flipped her hair. "Anyway, that sunbaenim owed me a favor or two. And what do you know? He said he can put certain names on the blacklist for me. They are actually glad to do so. They've been looking for a way to ban a certain idol that keeps breaking glasses and windows of their clubs."

 

She crossed her arms below her chest and smiled challengingly at G-Dragon. 

 

G-Dragon slammed the coffee cup on her desk and pointed a finger at her. "You little--"

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter