Battlefield

Fix You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yorobun, annyeonghaseyo~ welcome back to GD cam. Hmm.." Kwon Jiyong was holding the camera up, showing only his barely made-up face and the white sweatshirt he lazily chose earlier. "I'm home at my house. Let me give you a look around."

 

He spinned around, giving the viewers a sneak peek of his living room. G-Dragon then lowered the camera, "Surprise! Dream team in the house~ Bambambambam!!!"

 

Sitted on his couch were Yoona and Jessica. Jessica looked up at the camera for a quick second and smiled before returning to her work. She was putting together a portfolio of clothes.

 

Yoona didn't even look up and just continued typing on her laptop. 

 

"Look at that.." Jiyong laughed. He zoomed in on a cute, chubby cat resting its head on the side of Yoona's laptop. "Joaaaa~ Joa, you're bothering our war---" He remembers the camera. "--our manager Yoong. Manager Yoong, say hi to VIPs."

 

"Hi, VIPs." Yoona waved at the camera, barely looking at the camera. 

 

"Nothing else to say?"

 

Yoona pursed her lips. "I'm surrounded by expensive things and I'm afraid to move." 

 

Jessica chuckled. "She won't even drink water because she's afraid to spill it."

 

"Mi casa es su casa~ Joa, come here." Jiyong patted his thighs. ​​​​​​The kitten looked at him lazily and just purred in defiance.

 

Yoona laughed. "It's okay, Joa is cheering for me from right here. Aren't you, baby?" She pets the cat and cooed at it. 

 

"Traitor." He hissed at the cat who looks satisfied that Yoona paid attention to him. Jiyong focuses the camera back at him. "Jess and manager Yoong are here for an online meeting. It's a project we're working on that is going to be revealed soon. They're preparing everything so I'm just waiting right now." 

 

The camera went out of focus.

 

"Is that enough?" He asked.

 

"You filmed for less than ten minutes. Show them your art collection or something." Yoona answered. Silence. One could assume Jiyong is currently giving Yoona a 'don't make me do this' look. "Please?"

 

He sighed, his face on the camera again. "OKAY, let me show you some of the art displays."

 

 

"Aigoo~ I really miss Seungri on days like this." Yoona whined as she checked her watch. It was past midnight and the magazine photoshoot was just packing up. She carried the bags of clothes, bowing and thanking everyone for their hardwork. 

 

"Why are you carrying that? Make drivernim carry it!" Jiyong said, taking some of the heavy clothes from her hands. "Where's everyone?"

 

"Everyone was tired so I allowed them to go home. Seungri went to Japan for some meeting for your upcoming tour. Our driver got called back to YG for some BLACKPINK schedule."

 

"With how much money each artist brings YG you'd think that we would have enough vans for everyone." He muttered. He'd been in front of the camera for the last four hours and he's feeling grumpy and tired already. "How are we getting home?"

 

Yoona tossed him his car keys. "Seungri drove your car here before going to the airport."

 

He looked at the dark, night sky and pocketed the car keys. "Anniyo~ Let's just book a car or call the office."

 

"Mwuh? Waeyo?" She asked. The car is literally right in front of them now. "Ji, we're both tired. Let's not wait for a car."

 

"Then you drive." 

 

"It's your car!" 


"I don't want to drive, Yoona." He snapped, looking away from her.

 

Yoona... not warden? Yoona changed her stance when she realizes it must be something serious. "Okay, I'll drive." She relented. "Can you open the trunk? I have a lot here."

 

They sat quietly as Yoona starts the engine of the car. Jiyong was sitting opposite her finally deciding to look at her.

 

"I'm sorry. I just.. don't drive at night."

 

Yoona realized what he meant. The accident. It still had left a scar on him that was not as easy to remove. "Oh. That's... I'm sorry. I should have known."

 

"It's just hard to get behind the wheel at night. Gives me the shakes." Jiyong said, trying to laugh it off. 

 

She removed a hand from the steering wheel to put it over his. She squeezed his hand. He need not say any more. She had always understood this vulnerable side of him. After a few seconds, he squeezed back, silently thanking her for being there. For not asking more questions. For not fixing this problem of his at this moment. For being so patient with him.

 

The two of them never did really need words.

 

 

 

"Ladies, this is Key. My new assistant. The person who--hopefully-- will make my life a lot easier moving forward." Yoona introduced Key to the Jessica, Tiffany and Sooyoung who were sitted at the bar. 

 

It's opening night of Nocturne and the party is already in fully swing. Eric Nam and Peniel Shin's connections were indeed wide. It wasn't a wild party, per se. It was just chill and people were just talking with each other. Mostly, the attendees were second-gen and third-gen idols. It was only around thirty to forty people. An intimate gathering. Just the way Amber liked it.

 

Nocturne was a lovechild of Yoona and Amber. They had always been fascinated with the idea of a speakeasy since they found out what it was and it has now come to life.

 

While Cafe Sonder's interior is more on floral, garden-ish Alice-in-Wonderland type, once you pass through the giant painting, it is all black and gold. There were couches in front of a fireplace for a more chill experience. The long island bar where the drinks are served is lines with gold lights. And there is also an entertainment area where people could play games. Darts, arcade machine, billiards, air hockey table.

 

"So you're my replacement, huh?" Sooyoung snarked playfully at Key. 

 

Yoona rolled her eyes. "I'm not replacing you, Soo. You're being promoted."

 

Yoona liked Key from the first interview. He has great credentials and he wasn't afraid to tell Yoona that day that her hair was too flat and she should probably invest on a good hair blower. It took her by surprise but she needed someone who would pay attention and not be afraid to be savagely honest with her when she needed him to be. 

 

Key proceeded to compliment everyone either for their hair or their clothes or the cute bracelet Tiffany was wearing. Needless to say, he fitted in without a problem with the group of ladies.

 

Tiffany tapped Jessica on the shoulder. Jessica looked at what she was looking at and nudged Yoona. 

 

"Oh my gosh," Tiffany purred. "It's just like college all over again. And the hot fraternity boys just arrived to get the party started."

 

The NCT members came into view, two men towering over the others. They were wearing casual outfits, all of them looking around. 

 

Tiffany is right of course. They exuded frat boy aura. You would know the closeness of the group as they somehow always move in sync. Even in a social event like this, you would know they're idols in just a glance. That's the SMTown charm, she guessed.

 

"I don't blame you, Yoong. I'd leave too if I was offered a job to see them everyday." Jessica eyed the men from bottom to top as she sipped her martini.

 

Yoona gave her a disgusted look. "Alright, wipe your drools, ladies. Or I won't bring them over for introductions!"

 

Yoona jumped out from the bar stool to welcome NCT. Johnny stepped forward to meet her, kissing her on the cheek.

 

"Hey, great turn out! Was that your brother I saw at the cafe?"

 

"Yup! They're accompanying Jihoon on his shift."

 

"Hmm, let's see." Yoona's eyes squinted as she goes through their names. "Taeyong, Yuta, Jaehyun, Taeil, Lucas and Ten!"

 

She beamed proudly from getting the names right especially when it's the first time she's meeting Ten and Lucas.

 

"Hey, Yoong~" Taeyong waved at her. "We're the only ones available. Aside from the dreamies.. they have an early day tomorrow so we left them behind."

 

"Oh, that's okay! There'll be more opportunity to come by for sure." 

 

"COFFEE GIRL!" Ten greeted her with a hug. "I'm finally meeting you."

 

"Coffee girl?" She laughed at the nickname.

 

Johnny smacked Ten on the arm.  But that didn't stop the Thai from blabbing more. "It's what we used to call you when Johnny can't stop talking about you."

 

"Oh, that's okay." Yoona touching Johnny's rockhard biceps. "We used to call you 'tall guy'."

 

"He drinks coffee so much it only made sense he found you through coffee." Ten added. Yoona decided then that she likes the guy. He's honest and unapologetically real. 

 

"Well, welcome to Nocturne! Couches right there, game area is back there and of course, the bar~ The owner will personally serve you there. Have fun and mingle~"

 

They all got their drinks and chose to settle on the couches area. Some of the idols from JYP (GOT7 and Day6) were also lounging there and they started talking with each other. 

 

Johnny stayed with Yoona, of course, with Ten and Lucas staying at the bar with them making conversation with Amber, Tiffany, Key and Jessica. After awhile though, Lucas left to play games with some of the Pentagon boys present. 

 

"Who are you looking forward to managing in SM?" Ten asked Yoona.

 

"Hmm, tough question."

 

"Irene&Seulgi?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter