Truth Comes Slipping Out

Fix You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hey hyung, they're asking if you want to do three days in Paris or just two before we go on to England." Seungri didn't even look up as he entered Jiyong's studio, busy answering emails on his phone. 

 

A couple minutes passed and Seungri finally looked up only to see his artist didn't even notice him entering the room, still busy with his headphones up. 

 

"Hyung!" Seungri yanked the headphone of the computer, something only he could get away with. New music started blasting off the speakers. "A new song? Your album hasn't even launched yet."

 

Jiyong leaned back on his chair, putting both arms behind his head. "Just playing around."

 

The lyrics however does not seem like the idol was only playing around. The music already have a catchy tune and the lyrics... 

 

Yeah, your eyes are pretty like a deer, my princess

When you laugh at me it's so chic, are you crazy?

You're a natural beauty, so unique, so unique

My perfect dear, be my muse

 

Seungri was bobbing his head to the song, all the while digesting its lyrics. He saw a box of macarons on the table, and got one. This was something Yoona had distributed to them earlier and he had already finished his box. 

 

Eyes like a deer? A seemingly crazy laugh? Natural beauty?

 

His eyes widened, almost choking on the macarons still in his mouth and then he pointed at Jiyong accusingly. "You! You! This is--"

 

"What? Why are you here again?"

 

"Don't try to change the subject! You wrote a song for Yoona!" 

 

"Wha-- Psssh. A song?! For warden? I did not!" He turned his chair away from Seungri to avoid looking at him. "It's a song about her. Big difference."

 

"Aishhh, jinjja." Seungri shook his head and sighed in an exaggerated manner. "I didn't want to believe Tiffany and Jessica. But I guess it's true."

 

"Shut up, Lee Seunghyun. Where's warden anyway?"

 

"In SM. She's signing her contract there today." He tried to take another macaron but Jiyong swatted his hand. His phone vibrated, a news article notifying his phone. "Woops, I guess she'll have her hands full today. It says here some NCT member got rushed to the hospital. Some kind of fan freak accident."

 

Jiyong winced. He knows what fan freak accident means. Some delusional fans had gone over the top. He had experience with that before. He feels bad for that NCT member, whoever it is. Even if it's Johnny. 

 

"So.. Paris. Three days or two?"

 

Jiyong thought about it for a second. "Better make it three. Tiffany and Jess would surely want a day to shop."

 

Seungri left him by himself and he stared at his phone. He bit his lip and then grabbed it to dial Yoona's number. 

 

"You've reached Yoona of IMY Consulting Firm. Please leave a message and I'll get back to you."

 

"Warden.. I heard about the news on NCT. You must be busy. Anyway, I was on the phone with umma earlier and you haven't told her you're leaving me?" He laughed remembering the reason his Mom called him. "She said she pre-ordered your magazine issue before she even remembered my album. She's wondering if you can make it for dinner tonight. Uhh.. let me know."

 

Jiyong, satisfied with his message, went back to composing the song, the working title being "Bae".

 

An hour later, he was interrupted by a frantic-looking Jaehyuk. Jiyong swears the kid hasn't gotten a break, he looks worse than the last time he saw him.

 

"Unbelievable." Jiyong remarked. "Why don't you just train at YG? Since you're always here anyway." 

 

Jaehyuk ignored that. "Hyung! Can you drive me?"

 

Jiyong chuckled. "Kid, I like you more than other kids but I ain't your driver."

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter