Surprise Sabotage

Fix You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Yoona chuckled, scrolling down the Dream Team group chat. "Seungri is mad. He lost the game when he knows you the longest."

 

"He's mad? That brat catered to my every need and yet he's clueless about facts about me? I should fire his ."

 

He helped her down the van and Yoona took his hand naturally as she stepped down. They were on their way to a cafe to meet the PD for the new variety show Yang Hyun Suk arranged for him to guest on. "You'll never fire Seungri. You two will probably grow old together. Besides, NYONGTORI is trending. And the fans enjoyed that Sooyoung won the game. The assistant manager who is always on the background. They're saying it's a plot twist."

 

"Sooyoung's reaction to the Chanel bag prize was priceless. It's good content. Hey, have you heard from TIME Magazine?"

 

Yoona's eyes lit up. "Omo I almost forgot! They sent me the cover earlier and I haven't showed it to anyone yet. I figured since I wouldn't be as confident as I was that day if it weren't for you, you should be the first to see it."

 

His eyes softened at that. "I'm honored.'

 

Yoona revealed the cover and she looked immediately at Jiyong's reaction. There was a little smirk on his lips as he studied the cover that turned out to be a very good photo of Yoona. It was such a power pose and pride filled his chest. This is his manager Yoona. They did this. She did it.

 

"Career miracle worker. Wow."

 

"Right? Is that too much? Should I ask them to change it?"

 

"Don't." He answered. "We want the companies impressed, right? You earned that title."

 

"Aww, thank you, Ji! And hey, we managed to achieve both our goals. We're a good team, the two of us." Yoona nodded to herself and then patted Jiyong on his shoulder.

 

The idol only glanced at her. Wishing she knew how true he thinks those words are. He cleared his throat. "So who are we meeting again?"

 

"I think it's the PD? Or was it one of the show's writers? Apparently, the show is kind of like 'On & Off' so they want to talk about what you want to showcase and talk logistics on where that would be."

 

Jiyong ran a hand through his hair. His face was bare since they didn't need to film on camera today. He put on his sunglasses. "This better end early. I didn't get any sleep approving the MV changes."

 

Yoona nodded, already planning to not make the idol exert a lot of energy at the meeting. The whole G-Dragon team is working double time for his comeback and upcoming tour. She also knows how irritable the man can get when feeling the pressure from everybody.

 

They entered a small cafe, there were barely people around. While its ambiance was intimate, Yoona thought it didn't compare to Cafe Sonder.

 

"Find us a table and I'll order." Yoona distractedly instructed, she was trying to message the contact person they're meeting but it seems that there's no signal.

 

After ordering, she dropped her bag on the seat across Jiyong who chose the table next to the window. She frowned at her phone, raising it higher to see if it would get signal.

 

"What's wrong?" Jiyong asked.

 

"I'm not getting any signal in here." Her eyebrows furrowed. "Stay here, I'll have to step outside to get service."

 

"Warden.." He called out to her after she stood up. She turned to him, waiting for him to speak. "Come back quickly."

 

Yoona gave him a thumbs up. "Just relax, Your Majesty. I'll just make a call."

 

She closed the door of the cafe behind her and the call connected. It was answered after two rings.

 

"Ms. Im?"

 

"Yes, we're already here at the--Oomph!"

 

 

"An ambush?! Really?" Yoona stomped a heel. She had just been accosted at the streets and been pushed inside the closed gallery next door where a team of PDs and writers were monitoring a bunch of cameras. The feed was coming from the cafe. And there he was. G-Dragon. The focus of this hidden camera.  "Who approved this?!"

 

The woman named Mai, who was apparently the PD of this show, shrugged. "This is the premise of the show. Testing the character of the KPOP idols that thousands of teenagers like to look up to. What better way to kick off the show than have G-Dragon on the show?"

 

"No. This is unacceptable. I'm calling my co-manager." Yoona held up her phone, trying to find Seungri on her contacts.

 

A hand blocked her phone. "Ms. Im, why the need for a rescue? Surely you can handle this by yourself." 

 

Yoona can already picture Yang Hyun Suk scolding her for this. Something along the lines of YG artists never get ambushed. 

 

Mai put a soothing arm around Yoona, which Yoona glanced at sharply. The PD positioned her to face the cameras. Her eyes focused on Jiyong whose head is resting on the window. "The show will aim to present that idols care about social issues that normal citizens face. And here I thought Kwon Jiyong's journey back to people's good graces was not a facade. Tsk tsk."

 

"What are you implying, PD-nim?"

 

"I'm just saying.. what better way to prove G-Dragon's redemption story to the public than an unscripted situation?"

 

She wasn't stupid. Yoona knows that this Mai PD was trying to manipulate her. She can walk out of there and drive Jiyong back to YG. Oh the rumors this show could spread about YG's superstar cowering away from the challenge. But today of all days? When one wrong thing could make Jiyong snap? When he's had little to no sleep and the pressure of his next album is weighing on him?

 

Mai spoke from Yoona's back as if a serpent trying to deceive and cause chaos. "What was it you said on your recently released interview? You didn't misled the public in seeing Kwon Jiyong's repentance and goodness? That you just emphasized and put the spotlight on that instead of the issues surrounding him? We're giving you the opportunity to prove that."

 

Yoona gulped. They are trapped. All she could do now is bet on Kwon Jiyong to pass their little test because either way, it could create trouble for the idol.. "After this... you better count your blessings. I'm making sure none of my future clients guest on this stupid show again."

 

Mai didn't falter. She grinned and pushed a button on her walkie talkie. "It's a go."

 

 

He let his eyes rest while waiting for his manager to come back from making a call. Jiyong didn't even notice how long Yoon a had been gone. The music playing from the speakers was your classic coffeehouse jam, not distracting enough to keep him awake.

 

That is until the man sitting on the table behind him takes a call and spoke so loudly.

 

"Yoboseyo? Heyyy. Yes, yes! I'm at the cafe now...." The man's laughter boomed. "It'll be a good night tonight! We're going to have plenty of fun! Call everyone! We can take turns... It'll be worth it!...... What I said? I told the dumb girl I'm a talent scout looking for the next Irene&Seulgi! The ate it up... Sent a video of her dance audition..."

 

Although Jiyong's eyes remained closed, his mind was already on high alert. He didn't like the words he heard and he certainly had a bad feeling about this.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter