Two Perfectly Good Men

Fix You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two weeks later...

 

 

 

 

"Isn't there a cafe directly across the new YG building?" Amber asked with a raised brow as she punched the dozen coffee order she just got.

 

"What can I say? Your coffee is incredible. Not to mention I got to support my friend's business." Jiyong gave her a cheeky smile. 

 

"Uh huh? Not because you want to see a certain someone? Who I am told had asked for time and space?" 

 

"Just a glimpse. She won't even know I was here." He explained.

 

"Tough luck, buddy. Yoong's not here." She gave him his card and receipt back. "Congrats on an all-kill on the charts, man. And good luck on your music show today. Now go wait for your coffee in the claims area."

 

Once Jiyong was out of sight, Amber snuck back on the cafe's kitchen to dial her best friend's number. 

 

"Ambs?" 

 

"Guess who was here today. Again. Should I maybe expand? Considering I'm providing coffee for both SM and YG staff nowadays? Jiyong's here and Johnny had called in earlier and will be stopping by to get his order."

 

Yoona sighed. "Sorry you're caught in between this. They shouldn't be bothering you."

 

"You never have to apologize to me. Remember L?"

 

Yoona chuckled, remembering the boy who used to follow Amber around during college. Yoona had to spend some nights consoling the poor guy when Amber dumped him all of a sudden. "I guess L was worse than this huh?"

 

"We are so irresistible." Amber said, her tone full of sarcasm. "Anyway, they haven't tried bribing me yet but if I'm given Chanel or Celine or Vetements, I'm giving up your location."

 

Yoona let out an outraged "Ya!" but then thought she'd probably be doing the same thing. "Hmm, on second thought, go ahead."

 

Amber laughed. "Where are you anyway?"

 

"I'm at YG."

 

"Woah, you timed it perfectly, didn't you? Both of them have music shows today. Ironic isn't it? Even on TV they're still competing against each other."

 

"Ugh, don't remind me. I have to go. I'll see you later, Ambs!"

 

Music shows have been quite the nailbiter for Yoona these past two weeks. The SM group and YG's superstar had been going head to head for the #1 spot in the charts and the shows ever since their comebacks. 

 

At one point of watching Inkigayo, she felt more nervous than them and was staying on the edge of the couch as she watched GD take the win. On MCountdown though, NCT took the first place. It's a like pingpong battle between the two, kinda like how she feels about Johnny and Jiyong.

 

"Do my eyes deceive me? Or is that really woori Im Yoona, our very own Manager Yoong?"

 

Yoona's shoulder dropped in relaxation when she saw that it was only Seungri. 

 

They went for a hug as Seungri says, "I never figured how much you made amy job easier until you left. It made me appreciate you so much more. Yoona, gomawo~"

 

"What do you mean? You have Sooyoung and she's very capable. She handled the latest GD-Kiko scandal very well."

 

"Sooyoung is good. But she's YG through and through."

 

Yoona had to roll her eyes. Again with YG being used as an adjective. "And by that you mean?"

 

"You watched the press conference, didn't you? Where she sassed the reporters who dared insinuate the drug issue again?"

 

Yoona did watch that. Sooyoung's "If my artist is doing drugs, I wouldn't be in front of you today with the album launch details. If it's from our company, you tend to not hide names for your exposés. Sorry, everyone, you have to stick with official news today."

 

Seungri cringed at the very blunt way Sooyoung handled it. "Yeah, she lacked the grace and charm you brought to the team."

 

"Sooyoung's passionate. Give it time. The reporters will get used to it." Yoona winked. 

 

"What are you doing here? Stealing company secrets for your new cushy job in SM?" Seungri teased.

 

"I'll have you know.. I think SM would prove to be a more challenging job than restoring Jiyong's career." Yoona shared. "I just went to get some of my stuff. And then distributed parting gifts for everyone. Yes, your macarons are on your desk."

 

"You're the best!" Seungri exclaimed. "You're always welcome here, you know? I have a feeling you'd be stopping by a lot anyway."

 

"Seungri-ah, thank you for taking a chance on me. All this.. it's thanks to you."

 

Seungri winked at her. "You did well, Yoong. You did well."

 

 

"Cheers!" Amber bellowed as they all raised their iced teas in unison. "Congratulations, kids! You've finished another term! Just a little bit more and you'll join us miserable adults in the workforce."

 

Yoona glared playfully at her bestfriend. "Don't scare the kids! They don't know how much hell they have in their future. Let them stay innocent for some more."

 

"Not for a long time, noona. We're starting internships next semester." Junkyu reminded them. The other three groaned.

 

"Any plans for your break?"

 

Jeongwoo started. "I'm going back to Iksan and staying there. After that, I'm starting internship in noona's company. Thanks again, Yoona noona."

 

"Hey, unpaid work by one of my favorite guys? Anytime, Woo." Yoona joked.

 

"My mom wants to travel so I'm not sure where we're going to end up but when I come back, I'll be working in Lotte." Junkyu tilted his head. "I don't think I will last long in a formal business setting, but we'll see."

 

"Asahi?" Amber prompted.

 

"I'm going back to Japan and will come back for i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter