Gotcha

Fix You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Yoona awkwardly shifted on the seat across from YG's in-house therapist/counselor. Park Dara. While she hadn't availed of a sit-down session with her before, they had talked casually and even played pingpong together with CL. 

 

She knows that Dara had been very helpful not only to the current YG trainees but to those who had already debuted. 

 

Dara gave her an encouraging smile, still waiting for Yoona to open up as to why she was here. 

 

Never did the manager ever imagined she would find herself here. 

 

This is all thanks to Lee Chaerin.

 

"I understand that Jennie has been suffering from the lazy dancing reputation but I would highly suggest not to address it directly via an official statement." Yoona sighed, on the phone with BLACKPINK's people. "Why? Well, if you're not ready to address more serious issues e.g. their solo promotions and debuts, don't bother addressing that rumor. That's just petty. If you really want to clarify that, just have the Pinks casually joke about it in a live or something...... You're welcome. Anytime. Goodbye."

​​​​

"Unnie, do you have time to talk?"

 

Yoona looked up from what she was doing to nod at CL. "I swear, the people behind the four girls have to get their mess together. What's up, Chae?" 

 

"​​​​​​I wanted to apologize. After you left Nocturne the other night, I realize that maybe you were seriously struggling with what to do about Johnny and Jiyong oppa."

 

"Oh. That? It's okay."

 

"It's not. You're right. We've become close and I know how good and kind you are. It must have been weighing on you to have those thoughts. And with your brother's issue.."

 

Yoona teared up at that. It was incredibly sweet of CL to empathize with her and understand her. "Ya, you're making me cry."

 

"Don't cry. Or I'm going to start crying too. And now I'm remembering that you're leaving me soon. ."

 

Yoona laughed and stood up, hugging the baddest female who have the softest personality she ever had the pleasure of knowing. "What are we doing? We're crying in mid daylight."

 

"But really though? How have you been feeling?"

 

"I'm all over the place, to be honest. When I'm with Johnny, you can't just help but smile and be comfortable and warm. He's too good for me. Jiyong.. I don't even know why I'm thinking about him. I mean, you know about the late night calls.. with Jiyong there's no pretense. No need to *be someone*. We've talk a lot about ourselves and---" Yoona shook her head.

 

"What?"

 

"It's futile to think about it. He's dating other people. All this.. just inside my head. And that's why I wanted to just forget about it. I'm creating unnecessary problems for myself."

 

"I want to help." Chaerin declared.

 

Imagine Yoona's reaction when CL told her that the help she's offering is in the form of an appointment with Dara and giving her only half an hour to prepare for it.

 

Dara crossed her legs, her pen hitting the clipboard she's holding as she waits patiently for Yoona.

 

"So.." Yoona smiled. "How have you been, unnie? We're too busy to play pingpong lately."

 

"This isn't about me, Yoong. I know it's hard to open up but rest assured that everything would be confidential."

 

Yoona sighed. She didn't really know where to start. And is her problem really that complicated that CL would direct her to a therapist? This is ridiculous. "Is this okay? I mean.. my problem really isn't work-related."

 

"You can talk about anything. Doesn't have to be work-related. How are you?"

 

You know how in any other situation, the question 'how are you'  can be easily answered by 'I'm fine' because you know they're just asking out of courtesy? Yeah, Yoona knows this isn't one of those times and she realized how loaded that question could be.

 

How am I? Hmm.. let's see. My brother's girlfriend cheated on him with *his* bestfriend. Work is crazy what with moving from YG to SM and other companies that wants to enter in a consulting contract with the firm. And I still don't have an junior consultant to hire. Oh and of course, there's this annoying feelings for Kwon Jiyong that I'm trying to ignore but then he went and sent me the Millionaire Nurse painting that many coveted. What's that? How much was the painting? Four million freaking dollars. Who does that anyway?! Who gifts someone a 4 million dollar painting?

She blinked. It's okay, Yoona. It's Dara's job to hear people unload their thoughts. You wouldn't be inconveniencing her. Yoona opened to speak but then her phone vibrated. She unlocked it immediately. 

 

​911. 

 

The manager's eyebrows furrowed. Few days away from her contract ending in YG and Jiyong is getting in another trouble?

 

"Sorry, unni. I-- I have to go. Jiyong needs me."

 

She didn't even wait for a reply, she walked out of the room leaving Dara who had a knowing expression on her face. Somehow, that last sentence Yoona said before leaving and how she acted revealed a lot already.

 

 

"YOU." Smack. "SHOULDN'T." Smack. "MESSAGE." Smack. "SOMEONE." Smack. "911." Smack. "IF IT ISN'T AN EMERGENCY!" 

 

Kwon Jiyong laughed, blocking Yoona's Gucci bag from swatting his face. He was wearing his home clothes, unshaven and looking a little more well-rested than the previous days. It's his last day to wander about before his hectic schedule starts.

 

He woke up in the afternoon, catch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter