Family Feud

Fix You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 15: Family Feud (Thank the heavens for you)

"Yoona! Are you on your way home?" 

 

Jiyong looked at Yoona from his car seat, wondering who's calling her.

 

"Uh yeah, we just got back from GD's photoshoot. Wae?"

 

"Come by Cafe Sonder! There's someone waiting for you!"

 

"Amber, I swear to God if you're trying to set me up again." 

 

Jiyong raised an eyebrow and looked away from her, opting to look outside instead.

 

"No! It's not like that. Just... come okay? We're waiting here."

 

Yoona ended the call with an eye roll. "Drivernim, can you drop me off Cafe Sonder? Thank you!"

 

 

Yoona didn't expect that not only Amber was waiting for her but the four boys were there too. And one other person. Wait, that person seems familiar.

 

Jaehyuk stood up from his seat and smiled nervously. "Noona, you're here."

 

"Hey! Hana, is that you?" She remembered the person sitting beside Jaehyuk immediately as she got closer. It was Hana, the girl who always volunteers in the orphanage.

 

Hana raised a hand to wave at Yoona. "Unnie, it's nice to see you!"

 

Yoona smiled, Hana is a good girl, she genuinely likes helping the kids at the orphanage and is there more than Yoona is nowadays. However, her smile faltered when Jaehyuk put an arm around her. Hana blushed and looked down.

 

"Noona, you know Hana, right? She's my girlfriend."

 

Jaehyuk's older sister smiled through her teeth even though she feels like screaming on the inside.

 

 

"I thought you'd be asleep." Yoona said as soon as she answered her phone. She looked at the clock and saw that it was already 1AM. Usually Jiyong calls earlier than that.

 

"I took a nap." He explained in a husky voice that made Yoona shift in her bed a little. "I woke up to Joa my face and now I can't sleep again."

 

Yoona's mouth curved upward a little at the mention of the cute, fluffy kitten. Thank God Rae-O doesn't disturb her sleep most of the time. 

 

"Why are you still awake, warden?"

 

She sighed and then launched into the story of finding out that her brother has a girlfriend and how she perhaps reacted poorly at the cafe earlier. She stormed out but not before telling a poor excuse of exhaustion. When Jaehyuk got home, they got into a shouting match. Something they rarely do. She was mad because Jaehyuk kept the whole thing from her. He was upset because he thought she would be happy for him. Yoona grounded him and Jaehyuk slammed his bedroom door on her face. It was not the best night.

 

Jiyong listened patiently to her story, letting her vent out.

 

"I just.. I feel like a fool not knowing." Yoona finally slowed down. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't rant on you like that."

 

"Don't say sorry. It's okay."

 

"And Amber knew about the whole thing before I did! Why would they keep it from me?" She whined.

 

"Why are you really upset? Is it because your younger brother has a love life and you don't?"

 

Yoona gasped at the accusation. "Y-ya! It's not like that."

 

"Jinjja?" He grinned. 

 

"All our lives.. it's just the two of us.Now this girl comes and he starts keeping things from me?"

 

"I thought you said Hana is a good girl?"

 

"Yeah, that's why I'm feeling a little guilty. It makes it hard for me to hate her."

 

Jiyong could imagine her pouting. At work she always seems professional and formal. He likes that during their late night calls, she feels comfortable to whine and rant to him. "He's just growing up, warden. All boys do that, you know?"

 

Yoona nodded slowly. "I know. I just need time to process that. I hate that he's mad at me."

 

The silent was too much so Jiyong cleared his throat. "You want to listen to some Elvis?"

 

 

The next morning at YG...

 

"Ya, Im Yoona! Stop frowning early this morning!" Jessica said, as she passed by Yoona. 

 

Yoona had of course told them already about her home situation.

 

"Unnie, I'm hurt." Yoona said, pouting even more.

 

Tiffany rolled her eyes. "The YG actors' floor is on the 10th. I think you're lost."

 

Jiyong arrived, stopping by where the girls were huddled. "Oh, you're still upset about your dongsaeng?"

 

Jessica and Tiffany exchanged a look. "And how would you know about what Yoona is upset about?"

 

"She told me last night." He answered too quickly.

 

The two suddenly have this look on their faces like they just found out Yoona and Jiyong's secret.

 

Jessica smirked. "Last night, huh?"

 

Jiyong realized his mistake and paled. He walked away without saying anything.

 

Yoona also looked like she was caught. "I'm gonna-- I-- Uhhmm--"

 

"Yes?" Tiffany giggled.

 

"I think I hear Seungri calling me." She quickly ran away.

 

 

Jiyong rang the doorbell, putting his hands inside his pants pockets after. He had Seungri clear his schedule for the day so that he could shop for a gift for his mother's birthday. He can't believe Seungri actually believed that. It's his mother after all, he already bought a gift six months ago.

 

The door opened, the younger man surprised to see the worldwide known idol on his doorstep. Then his eyebrows furrowed in worry. "D-did something happen to Yoona noona?"

 

"What? No. She's.. at YG working hard." Jiyong didn't wait for an invitation in and walked past by Jaehyuk and looked around. 

 

"GD-ssi.. what are you doing here?"

 

The last time he was here, he didn't get a look around so he passed by the wall of photos. There was a photo of little Yoona holding a baby Jaehyuk. The two of them outside the orphanage. A photo of Yoona's birthday with Jaehyuk cheering her on at the side. A graduation photo of Yoona, her arm around Jaehyuk.

 

"I heard you were grounded." Jiyong said nonchalantly. 

 

He looked down. "Not even my friends can visit."

 

"So what are you doing then?"

 

"Just.. playing games."

 

Jiyong sat down on the couch and looked at the paused game on the TV. "Is this FIFA? Ahh, it's been a long time since I played."

 

Jaehyuk hesistantly went back to his place on the couch and held one of the controllers. "Do you.. want to play?"

 

The idol grinned. "Hell yeah, I do!"

 

And so the two guys played video games (what a surprise~) for about an hour or so. 

 

"Hyung! I beat you again!" Jaehyuk cheered as his team won another game. 

 

Jiyong dropped the controller on the table and groaned. "Something's wrong with that thing!"<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter