Almost

Fix You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 17: Almost (is never enough :/)

 

 

The entire morning was festive. They were served a variety of breakfasts and there were lively chatter all around the table. Jiyong and Seungri were arguing about being bestman and the women were gushing about the kind of wedding gowns Hyorin had thought about. 

 

After breakfast, they all retreated to their rooms to get ready to go around the sea. Jiyong and Taeyang had rented a yacht for them to use for the entire afternoon. They had prepared scuba diving activities too while they're in the middle of the sea. 

 

Seungri checked his phone and laughed. "Our names are trending on Twitter."

 

"Whose names?" Jessica asked.

 

"The so called GD's dream team." Seungri said, scrolling through the Worldwide trends. "Sooyoung, Seungri, Jessica, Tiffany and Yoona."

 

"The video is already out?" Tiffany chuckled. "If they want more tea on Jiyong, they just have to tweet me."

 

Upon hitting 3M subscribers on Youtube, GD's social media team has reached out to the fans (as promised by Yoona when she first accepted the job) to ask them what kind of content they'd like as a treat for hitting the 3M milestone. After a voting poll, what won was a video with the so-called dream team. Whilst Tiffany and Seungri loves being on-camera, Jessica and Yoona were the hesitant ones. The video was about what each of them do for the team and them telling the camera what is Jiyong's worst and best quality... while Jiyong is sitting beside them.

 

Tiffany and Seungri didn't filter their words to the point that Jiyong had to cover their mouths to stop them from talking. Jessica and Jiyong had a decent conversation about fashion. 

 

"Let me see!" Yoona came out of the cabin having changed her clothes. She had her long hair down and was wearing red-striped top and a red, very fitting swimming shorts. Yoona grab Seungri's phone and started scrolling on the tags.

 

Jiyong who was lounging near the pool gave her a onceover with his eyes. Of course he'd seen women showing much more skin wearing swimsuits. He'd been with a handful of beautiful women.. But the way he's feeling a little parched right now..

 

"Woah! People are shipping you and Jessica." Yoona pointed at the tweet and showed it to Jiyong, it's a GIF of him and Jessica sharing a smile while looking at each other. Obviously screencapped out of context.

 

Jiyong looked away in a hurry and find himself looking at his newly engaged friend who raised an eyebrow and smirked at him. Taeyang must have seen him looking at her.

 

"Don't worry, there's people shipping JiFany, JiSica and GYoon, oh wait, even NyongTori." CL laughed as she looked at the twitter trends too. "Should I post a photo of Seungri and Jiyong just to mess with them?"

 

Yoona's eyes widened. "Please don't!! Not until we secure the artist of the decade award." She bit her lip and tapped Seungri's shoulder. "The award committee should have gotten in touch with us yesterday!"

 

Seungri pulled her in for a side hug. "Relax, Yoong. They'll call. The improvement on Ji's reputation was astronomical. We have it in the bag."

 

As he says those words, Seungri doesn't really know if he's saying it for Yoona or if he's also reassuring himself. They worked so hard to save what Kwon Jiyong has been working for for years. While Yoona was working on cleaning GD's public image, Seungri was working behind the curtains with executives and PDs in order for more opportunities to open for his artist.

 

"And if I don't get it, it's not a reflection on your efforts." A grim comment from Jiyong made all of them look at him.

 

Seungri threw a tissue his way. "Way to be positive, Ji!"

 

CL was giggling while showing Ian something on her phone. "These fans are catching on." she whispered to Ian.

 

She was showing several tweets relating to #GYoon. Clips, photos and videos from the interview that fans were analyzing.

 

"This one says, 'Did you see that giddy smile from GD while manager Yoong was thinking of an answer? You know he only covers his mouth and bite his lips when he's happy!' , they're good!" CL said.

 

Ian shook his head. "Just let them be, babe. Your friends seem ignorant of their feelings yet."

 

"COME ON GUYS! LET'S GO SCUBA DIVING~"

 

 

 

 

Yoona resurfaced from the sea with Hyorin and Chaerin. The three decided to swim in the farther part and teased the rest when they didn't join them. They were enjoying their time when they saw Seungri on the shore calling Yoona, waving his hands in the air like a lunatic. 

 

When they swam back to the shore, Jiyong was also there waiting with Seungri.

 

"What was so urgent?! You're going to lose your voice shouting like that." CL says to Seungri, drying her hair with a towel.

 

Seungri looked like he was about to burst, he looked so excited. "The award committee called!"

 

Yoona's heart started beating fast. They got it right? Because it would make no sense for Seungri to be this giddy if they didn't get it. They did, right? She feels like she knows but she also needs to hear it straight from Seungri. "What? What is it?"

 

"WE GOT IT!!! G-DRAGON IS ARTIST OF THE DECADE!"

 

Yoona squealed. She squealed real loud and then proceeded to hug the one person she wanted to share her happiness and giddiness with. 

 

Seungri opened his arms wide for the hug but his face turned sour when Yoona zoomed pass by him.

 

Yoona's arms were wrapped around Jiyong's neck as she started squeezing the life out of him, jumping in joy. "We got it! You got it!"

 

Jiyong laughed at Yoona's happiness as he held on her waist to prevent her from going out of balance. "Yes, we did!"

 

Hyorin cleared . 

 

The two looked at her and then at Chaerin and then at Seungri's raised eyebrows. 

 

Yoona jumped back from him. "Err.. uhh.. sorry, I'm a little wet." She said upon seeing his entire front clothing wet from her hug.

 

Her choice of words make him flush a little as he tried to look anywhere else but her. "That's.. uh.. that's okay."

 

CL put an arm around Hyorin and whispered, "Do they even hear themselves?"

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter