The Hopeless Nana

Close Your Eyes

 

KRYSTAL’S POV

Omo! I wanna help him but I don’t want to be with him any longer. It really makes me uneasy. I left him in the living room and I went to my small room. He keeps on calling me but I pretend that I can’t hear him. I was studying when I fell asleep. After an hour, I woke up and went out. I saw Taemin sleeping too. while he was sleeping, I continued healing his wounds. I also put a bandage on his feet. When I’m done, I can’t help it but to stare at him. And as I stare at him, I can’t stop smiling. I went beside him and fondled his hair.

“Taemin-ssi, I did not know that you would be this handsome. Too bad, my brother is more handsome than you. How did you know by the way? That I…..like you? Oh well, I hope you feel the same way with me too.” I said.

Few seconds later, he woke up and I immediately stood up.

“I knew it! You still care for me. Thank you.” He said and smiled.

My heart beat faster as he smiles. It’s like it will explode but I have to hide it.

“You can go now.” I said coldly.

“Why are you being like this to me by the way?”

“What?”

“Why are you being cold to me now?”

“I don’t know. Just go.”

When he left already, I closed the door and began to scream like a kid. I can’t keep this feeling anymore. I think I’m really inlove with him. I’ll tell Nana unni tomorrow so that she can help me.

The next day, before classes start, I went to Nana unni to tell her something.

“Unni! Can we talk?”

“Sure. About what?”

“Unni, I think……… I’m now sure of what I feel.”

“Feel about what?”

“What I feel for………….Taemin-ssi.”

 

NANA’S POV

“Unni, I think I’m now sure of what I feel.”

“Feel about what?”

“What I feel for…………..Taemin-ssi.”

I was so surprised about what I heard. Krystal also likes Taemin, which means, I have no chance anymore. But they’re my friends. I have no choice but to accept their choices. I have no choice but to accept the painful truth.

I made an excuse again so that I can leave. As I walk fast, I can’t help but to cry. It’s the first time that I’m hurt like this. But if that will make them happy, I will have to give up.

“Unni? Unni, are you still there?” Krystal said, shaking my arms.

“Oh I’m sorry. So where are we again?” I asked.

“About what I feel. Unni! It’s the first time I felt something like this for a guy. And I don’t know what to do. Help me unni. Help me.”

She’s begging me for something that’s very hard for me to do. Does my life have to be this miscerable?

“What can I do?” I asked.

“Just help me to be someone he can easily like.”

“But he…..” I slipped and covered my mouth.

“He what?”

“He…. He is mysterious. I don’t even know what he likes.”

*sigh* Well, what can I do? He already likes you. And if I know how be someone he can easily like, then he must be liking me by now and I must be very happy and contented.

“Oh Krystal, I think our class will start in a moment. Catch you later.”

“Bye unni!”

Before going to our classroom, a went first to the comfort room and let out everything I feel. I was crying when someone entered and went beside me.

“Why are you crying Nana?” Lizzy, my seatmate, asked.

I stopped and wiped my tears, “Lizzy? What are you doing here?”, I asked.

“Well, I was passing by the hallway and I heard you crying out loud.”

“Nevermind about this. And don’t tell anyone about this, okay?”

“You can trust me.”

“Okay. I can tell you some other time.”

Lizzy and I went to our room and sat to our chairs.

“Nana? Did you cry?” Taemin asked.

“No, ofcourse not. Right, Lizzy?”

“Yes. Something went inside her eyes a while ago and I helped her get it.” Lizzy said.

“It was really painful.”

“Okay. I hope it’s not painful now.”

After a while, our teacher arrived and our class started. After class, It seems like I haven’t learned a thing. Well, I can study.

I went to Taemin and we went to Krystal in the cafeteria. Taemin started talking to Krystal and as they talk, I remained silent. They jumped to different topics until Taemin went beside Krystal. I just lied my head on the table.