The First Sight

Close Your Eyes

 

JOOYEON’S POV

It has been almost 2 months since I left Korea. From that time, I was not able to receive any news from my bestfriend so I decided to go back. While studying here, Chef Escoffier, the one who offered the scholarship, provides me with all my needs and I also work part time on his restaurant and I’m receiving my daily salary. His restaurant is famous in their place so the salary is big. Even though I just stayed here for almost 2 months, I have saved a lot. Now I can do my promise to Taemin. When I go back, I will consult an architect and engineer to work on our house. I will also enroll him to the school he wanted.

I fixed my things and went to the restaurant to tell Chef Escoffier about my plan.

“Chef, I would like to ask permission is I can go back to Korea.” I said nervously.

“Why? And when are you planning to come back?” He asked.

“I promised my brother that I will go back and enroll him to the school he wants. I’m also planning to start on our new house. But I promise to come back as soon as possible.” I explained to him.

“Okay. Okay. And if you need financial support, just tell me.” He smiled and patted my shoulder.

“Thank you very much chef!”

As what he said, he answered my plane ticket and he even gave me extra money. When I arrived at Incheon, I saw my brother waiting for me.

“Taemin! I’m here!” I yelled to him.

“Noona!” He ran and hugged me. “I really missed you. Atlast! You’re here!”

After that, we went to the hotel we used to stay before. When we arrived there, I took a rest while Taemin prepares something for me.

“Noona, you should eat first. You must be hungry after your long journey.” He smiled and handed me a plate of pancake.

“Thank you dongsaeng!” I said. “By the way, we’ll go to Daewon tomorrow. I already saved money so I can enroll you there.”

“Yehey! Thank you noona! You’re the best!” He said and hugged me.

The next day, as I promised, we went to that school. Enrollment is now going on so there are many students and parents there and most of them are wealthy. My brother will be in his 12th grade in high school now. He finished his middle school in Chang-in High. He was their class’ top student but he had no friends in their school.

 

TAEMIN’S POV

After I enrolled, we went around the school. When we’re about to go home, we passed by the examinees’ room and saw a girl taking an exam. Maybe it’s for the scholarship. She’s facing towards our direction so I saw her face clearly. She’s so beautiful. So far, she’s the most beautiful girl I’ve ever seen. But I think she’s younger than me. If I’m seventeen, then she’s maybe below 14. I can’t take a chance on her.

“Boo! Who are you looking at?” Noona taunted me.

“Uh?? Nothing. Let’s go noona.” I denied.

“Hmm.. Is it that girl?? Hehehe..” Noona teased.

“No. Ofcourse not. Let’s go noona. I’m tired.”

We went home after that and noona left again.

 

KEAN’S POV

Today, my sister will be taking an examination in Daewon. She will be applying for scholarship since we can’t afford the tuition fee. Even though we have no more money, I still want to send her to this school because dad said that we can only study in that school. When Krystal was in the US, she was their top student and she was accelerated so even she’s only 15 years old, she will be entering on her 11th grade now.

“Good luck Krystal! I’ll just leave you here first. I’ll fetch you later. I’ll just go somewhere.” I said.

“Thanks oppa. Okay. I’ll do my best so I will be accepted.” She answered and she entered the examinees’ room.

I know she’ll be accepted. I believe in her. As I was about to go out of the school premises, I saw Jooyeon going out at the other gate. I quickly hid myself so she won’t see me. Did I really see it right? Was it Jooyeon? And Taemin? What are they doing here? Is Taemin gonna study here too?

I went on a nearby store and bought snacks for my sister then I went back to the school. When I entered the building, I was surprised to see Krystal outside the room.

“Krystal? Why are you here?” I asked.

“I’m done!” She answered as she jump.

“What?? You’re so fast. So how’s the test?”

“It was a piece of cake..” She sighed and bragged.

“Good! That’s my girl! High five!” I said as I raise my hand and she gave a high five to me.

The teacher said that we’ll just come back tomorrow for the result so we just went home and rested. While Krystal was taking a nap, I sold my music boxes outside the house and before the dawn, they were all sold out again. *sigh* I know it’s not enough. But atleast, we can live with this every day.

The next day, we went back to Daewon to see the result. When we arrived, we searched for the teacher that gave her the test yesterday. When she saw us, she excitedly went to us and congratulated us.

“Congratulations young girl. You’re accepted as the scholar of this school.” She said.

“Really??” Krystal happily asked.

“Yes. Actually, you got a perfect score in your exam.” She said and I was surprised.

I never thought my sister to be that intelligent.

“Kean, how are you now? Where are you studying now?” The teacher asked.

“I…stopped.” I answered.

“But why??”

“It’s because of our parents. They’re gone.” I answered as I became emotional again.

“Oh…I’m sorry Kean. I didn’t know. But I can see they’re happy from up there seeing you and your sister living well.”

“I guess so..”

We thanked the teacher again and we went home. The teacher knows me because I once studied their in my High School.