When Our Friendship Starts

Close Your Eyes

 

TAEMIN’S POV

Wow! It was really great. Being in a concert with her. But she seems unhappy. Isn’t she a huge fan of SNSD? Then, why is she here? I joined others in screaming even though I’m a guy. Suddenly, I saw her walk away so I followed her. When we’re outside the coliseum, I caught her hand and stopped her.

 

KRYSTAL’s POV

WHAT?? He held my hand?? What was he thinking??

“Wait.” He said.

“What??” I asked as I suddenly pull my hand from him.

“Why did you walk away??”

“I can do whatever I want. Why do you care by the way? And why did you follow me??” I asked in a rude way.

“Don’t you want to be with me??”

I was surprised to what he said. Why would I want to be with him??

“What? Why are you asking me like that?? Yah! Are you gonna cry??” I asked when I saw his teary eyes.

“Actually… I just wanna be friends with you.”

“Be friends with me?? And why??”

“Please. Every time I see you, I really want to talk to you and be friends with you but it seems like you’re always in a bad mood and it seems you’re not interested.”

“I’m really not interested to be friends with you. I don’t wanna be friends with rich people especially boys and especially you.”

“Is that what you think??”

“Absolutely. From the way you look and the way you act, you’re definitely a spoiled brat.”

“No I’m not. I’m telling you, I’m different. I’m not like other rich guys. This is just my personality since I was a child. I’m a bit sensitive that’s why I’m easy to cry. It doesn’t mean that I’m a spoiled brat.”

“But sort of. And because you’re rich, I know you’re not used to live on your own. You’re always depending on your parents and that’s what I don’t like to you guys.”

“You’re wrong. We were once poor. And I have no parents since I was a child. My sister took care of me and she’s in France so I’m living here alone. I know what you feel because I also passed by those stages.”

“You’re just telling that so that I can  be your friend.”

“No. It’s not like that. I’m telling the truth. Please be my friend now.”

“Do you want our friendship so badly??”

I can’t explain what I felt after what he said. I think I became a bit softer. I don’t know why. But I saw a DROP of tear falling from his eye. It seems like he really made some effort just to make me his friend. Why does he really want me to be his friend??

“Uhh… Don’t..Don’t cry. Okay. We’re friends now.” I said, I can’t look directly into his eyes.

He really does look a bit different. I can’t believe we’re friends now. One of my hatest student in school became my friend?? *sigh* Oh well, there’s no reason to hate him after all.

“Really? Thanks. I’m glad that at last, after all, you became my friend.”

“After all? Why? What did you do lately?”

“I was always finding a time to talk and be friends with you. And I’m always asking Nana about you but she won’t tell me a word. At last, I did it by myself. Thanks for accepting my friendship.”

“By the way Taemin-ssi, congratulations!”

“Congratulations for what?? And you know my name?? How? I don’t even know yours.”

“Congratulations because you’re your batch’s top student. I knew your name because Nana unni always mention you when we talk and by the way, my name is Krystal. Krystal Jung”

“You’re Krystal Jung? Then, congratulations as well!”

“Thanks!”

After our talk, we didn’t come back inside the concert anymore, instead, we walked down the park and talked again about ourselves. From that moment, I felt like we’re already close friends.

“At first, I thought you’re rude.” He said.

“I’m just rude to people I don’t like.”

“So you mean… You don’t like me?”

“As what I’ve said, I hate spoiled brats and I thought you’re one of them. But now I know that you’re different, then, I won’t hate you anymore.”

It’s almost late so we decided to go home. When I arrived home, I changed my clothes and went to bed. Everything just changed in a moment. It’s kind of a magic.

 

TAEMIN’S POV

AT LAST! Omo! We’re friends now after almost a year of trying. I went to sleep with a happy face. Even though I did not see Sooyoung, Yoona and Taeyeon noona in a little distance, it’s fine. What happened is worth 10 times of it.

The next day, I was waiting for near the gate for her to arrive. When she arrived, I called her but she didn’t hear me. She’s wearing earphones and reading something. So I just went to her and taunted her.

“Boo!”

“What?? You think I’ll be astonished? Well…” She said with a blank expression.

“Wow! What a girl. Okay. Did you see Nana?”

“I just arrived right? How could I see her?”

“Oh. Let’s find her.”

“Did you arrived here early?”

“Yes.”

“Then, why didn’t you find her a while ago?”

“I was waiting for you.”

“Why did you wait for me?”

“It’s just…you’re my new friend. And you’re my second friend here.”

“You too. you’re my second friend. Nana unni is the first.”

“We’re the same. Hehehe.”

We searched for Nana and when we found her, she was so surprised to see us together.

“Is this true?? You’re together? How did this happen?” Nana asked.

“It’s a long story. What’s important is that we’re friends.” I answered.

“Congratulations to the two of you! Especially you Taemin-ssi.”

“Thanks. Hehehe. Now I have already two friends.”

“And you Krystal. I thought you hate him?” She asked to Krystal.

“I was wrong unni. He told me everything about him. I should have not judged him.” Krystal answered.

Few minutes after that, the bell rang and we went to our respective classrooms. During break time, we eat together and we really enjoy being together. The three of us became closer as time goes by.