Farewell Dinner

Close Your Eyes

 

KRYSTAL’S POV

It seems like I have moved on already. I better prepare myself for the dinner this evening. what could be her announcement? Few hours later, Nana unni texted me to go there already so I started walking. In the middle of the way, I met Taemin. I wonder where he is going but it seems like we’re going in the same way. When I reached unni’s house, he also stopped. So we’re really going in the same place.

“I’m glad that you two came.” Nana unni said.

“You invited the two of us? Why?” I asked.

“Just enter.” she said and chuckled.

We entered and took our seats.

“Was it it that you want to tell us unni?” I asked.

“Krystal, don’t you know that Taemin liked you before you liked him?” She said.

My two eyes widened upon hearing unni’s words. I looked at Taemin and he timidly bowed his head.

“Unni how can you say those words in front of the two of us?”

“I just want to let you know.” She said in an emotional manner.

“Unni are you okay?”

“Taemin, take care of Krystal, okay? Don’t let hurt her because I will be your enemy if you do that. And Krystal, take care of Taemin too, okay? I will leave you to each other. I hope you’ll be happy. If you need friends, Lizzy and Raina will be there. Just don’t forget about me and our friendship.”

“Nana, why are you saying those words?” Taemin asked.

“I will be leaving. I will permanently stay in the US to study and spend the rest of my life.”

“When are you leaving unni? Why do you have to do this? Unni can’t you stay?” I asked.

“I’m sorry. It’s for all of us. I don’t want to see someone suffering. I don’t want to be here doing nothing while someone will perish. But I’m not saying it will happen. But I don’t want to cry again.”

“What do you mean unni? Who are you talking about?” I asked again.

“A friend of mine.”

 

TAEMIN’S POV

I can’t say something. Krystal will find out about my condition if I will say something.

“Just promise me that you won’t leave each other. I will consider it as a farewell gift.”

“I promise.” I said as a stare at Krystal.

“I also promise unni.” Krystal said.

“That’s all. Taemin, you should bring Krystal home tonight.”

“Of course I will.” I answered.

The three of us had a group hug and we then left. On our way to Krystal’s house, the rain poured so I took off my jacket and covered it to her. We then ran as fast as we can. We went under a shed until the rain stops. Few seconds after, I can feel my head suffering from great pain. I can’t show to her that I’m in pain so I tried hard to resist it and after a few seconds, the pain stopped. I suddenly burst into tears and Krystal saw it.

“Taemin? Why?” Krystal asked.

“Are you sad because unni is leaving? I understand. Don’t worry. I’m here.” She said as she embraced me.

I hugged her back and said, “I promise. I promise. I will never leave you. Never. I will be here for you, forever and always. I really promise.”

Suddenly, the rain stopped so we continued walking. When Krystal was already home, Iran as fast as I can and my head began to feel pain again. I can’t handle the pain so I rolled down the road. Then a pelting rain poured. I really tried so hard to stand and reach home. As I open the door of my house, I fell down the floor and lost consciousness. When I woke up, It was already morning. I took a bath and changed clothes. I must go with Krystal today, tomorrow and everyday.