Orange Caramel to the Rescue

Close Your Eyes

 

TAEMIN’S POV

When I got home, I received a call from Jooyeon noona. She seemed worried on the phone.

“Noona?” I said.

“Taemin! Please answer me immediately if you know.” Noona said.

“Okay. What is it?”

“Do you know about wht happened to Kean?

“What happened???”

“I tried to call him and his phone was already with someone else. I asked her if she knows Kean and she told me that he already passed away few months ago.” Noona said while crying.

“What? Noona, are you okay?”

“Can you give me a favor? Can you find him? And please tell me it’s not true.”

“Okay noona.”

Noona hanged up and I kept on thinking for the first step that I’ll be making to find Kean hyung.

As I was walking along the bay I saw Krystal pass by so I followed her. I saw her enter a memorial park and I still followed her. There was so many people in the park right now and she was walking quickly so I lost her. After a while, the people are already gone and I saw Krystal on the exit already. So I planned to followed her again. I was walking slowly when I saw one burial ground with a “Kean Jung” carved on its surface. I was so shocked and I saw that he was buried few months ago. I ran quickly going home and called noona.

“Noona! Noona!”

“What’s up?” Noona asked.

“It’s true! I can’t believe it! I saw his name on the cemetery.”

“Noooooo!” She screamed and hanged her phone up.

JOOYEON’S POV

I can’t believe that my best friend has passed away already. I must have come to his birthday! Now, I won’t be able to see him anymore. Everything was too late now. I went to my room and found the music box he gave me. It was my only remembrance from him. I hugged it imagining it’s him. My best friend that was always there for me when I’m in need. The best friend who supports me in everything I do. My best friend always and forever.

 

NANA’S POV

The next morning, I went to Lizzy’s house so that we walk to school together just like we always do. We also went to Raina’s house.

“You’re here?” Raina asked.

“Yes. I want to bring back the old times.” I answered.

“Let’s go.” Lizzy said.

While walking I wanted to tell Raina and Lizzy about something I really want to do. I was out words and nervous. The two of them noticed me so they asked. I did not hesitate to answer for I know that only them can help me this time.

“Nana, why do you look sad? Nervous? I don’t know. But it seems like you’re worried.” Raina asked.

“There’s something I really wanted to ask you. And I hope you can help me.” I answered.

“It is about Taemin again?” Lizzy asked.

I sighed and answered, “Yes.”

“So what about him?” Lizzy asked.

“He likes Krystal. I thought that if I confess to him, he can give me a chance since I thought Krystal doesn’t like him. Then after a couple of days, Krystal also told me that she likes him. I still haven’t told him about my feelings for him. And I think it’s too late.” I explained.

“Is that the reason why I saw you crying in the rest room last time?” Lizzy asked.

I nodded and uttered, “I treated Krystal as one of my best friends already and I don’t want to ruin they’re friendship right now. But I’m always hurt seeing them together. What should I do? If I stay away from them, they will think that I’m mad at them or they will think that I really like Taemin.”

There was a moment of silence. They seemed to be thinking. I hope they can really help me. After a while, we reached school and class began. After class. Raina and Lizzy came to me.

“Stay here okay? Leave your problem to us.” Raina said.

“What are you gonna do?” I asked.

“Just trust us.”

 

 

 

KRYSTAL’S POV

After class, I went under the big tree at the right portion of our school and listened to my iPod. I can feel the cool wind passing by me. I took a short nap and after a little while, I can feel someone around me. I opened my eyes and saw two familiar girls. So I took off my earphones and asked them.

“Hi. How may I help you?” I asked.

“Hi Krystal. We’re Lizzy and Raina and we’re Nana’s best friends. Can we talk to you for a couple of minutes?” Raina said.

“Really? You’re Unni’s best friends? Oh sure thing. What is it all about?” I asked.

“It’s about you and Taemin. Care to share?” Lizzy said.

“Taemin? What about him? Wait. I think I know what you mean. Do you think we’re dating? No, we’re not. Why did you ask?”

“We don’t know how to say this but……. Nana likes Taemin before you knew them. And from the time you told her that you like him too, she was so worried. From that moment onwards, she was feeling so alone seeing you two together. And she can’t burst to tears for you will find out her about secret and your friendship will be ruined. She doesn’t want that to happen for she’s treating as one of her best friends now.” Raina stated.

“Re..Really? I understand. She must have told me about that earlier than I can do something about it. I don’t want her to be upset, too. I can stay away from Taemin if she wants. I can do that for her. She’s more important to me than Taemin.” I said.

It made me burst to tears. I tried preventing my tears to fall but I can’t. Even though inside me, I can’t stay away from him, I should for unni is my best friend and I don’t want her to be sad as well.

“Starting tomorrow, I will not talk to Taemin anymore. I promise. I hope she’ll be happy now.” I added.

“Thanks but we hope you’re not mad. By the way, she doesn’t know that we did this for her. Please don’t tell her.” Lizzy said.

“Okay unnies. And if you will excuse me, can I go now? I still have some works to do.” I said.

“Okay. Bye!” Lizzy said.

”Thank you again!” Raina shouted.

As I went home, I kept on thinking if my decision was right or wrong. Because of my decision, Nana unni will be happy. But also because of my decision, I can’t be happy.