Krystal's Tragic Birthday

Close Your Eyes

 

KRYSTAL’S POV

The 1st semester was ended and I accomplished my goal. I became our batch’s top student and I hope it will be until the school year ends. Until now, I still have no friends but I still don’t care. Atleast, I have proven myself to them.

I told aunt about it so we had a little blow out. After we eat, we decided to go home but while we’re walking, I noticed aunt feeling dizzy and weak so we stopped and let her rest for a while first. Few minutes later, I saw her unconcious so I called for help and we brought her to the nearest hospital. When we arrived there, I found out that she has a disease due to her oldness and the doctor said that she’s really weak now and anytime, she can be gone.

“Is there something we can do doctor?” I asked nervously.

“I’m sorry. She’s too old and she can’t be cured anymore. All we can do is wait.” The doctor answered.

WHAT?? Aunt will leave me too? Who’ll take care of me?? NO! I won’t let this happen! But how? The doctor said I have nothing to do about it anymore. NOOOO! I don’t want to lose another loved one. My only remaining loved one. I better die too if that happens.

When aunt woke up, she explained to me everything. She said, she doesn’t want me to worry about her so she did not tell me about it.

“Krystal…” Aunt said. “Promise me…. you will take care of yourself when I’m gone okay? Study well and make us proud in heaven. I believe in you.”

”But auntie, I don’t think I can live without you.”

“Ssh.. You can. you’re a big girl now. You’re turning 14 already.”

“Auntie, please don’t think about it yet. You’re still here.”

“I’m just making sure.”

My birthday will be next week and I think I’ll be celebrating it here in the hospital.

On the day of my birthday, I just bought a cake and brought it to the hospital. When I arrived, I can see auntie’s eyes having a hard time to remain open so I started to be emotional. She sang for me in a hard way. I started to cry hard and she wiped my tears. The two of us sang together for my birthday and as we sing, you can notice her voice getting lower and lower until only me was left. I cried hard and hugged her tight. The last words I heard from her were “To my love Krystal, Happy Birthday…”.

“Auntie, thank you for taking care of me when my family was gone. Thanks for treating me as your own daughter. I love you auntie. I hope you can hear me. I promise to do what I said. I will make you proud of me even you’re now in heaven.” I said while crying.

On the burial of my aunt, only me was there. I was spending 3 days staring at their picture. Our family picture. My pictures with oppa. My pictures with auntie. It made me more emotional thinking of my past.

Now, I’m going to live on my own. I’ll start working tomorrow. Even though I’m just 14, I’ll still find a job. I saw a music bar that’s hiring a singer. I tried to come in but they said I can’t work there for I’m just 14. I really begged them and finally they just let me sing infront of them. They were delighted to my voice so they just hired me. Many couples go there at night to have their date and while looking at them, I couldn’t help but to let the tears flow from my eyes. I just remembered the persons I loved. They’re lucky, they’re still with the persons they love. They’re all happy together with them, while me, I have no choice but to live on my own.

For now, I will change for the better. Just watch out for the new me. I promise that this will be the last time that I’ll cry. Even though they’re gone, I’ll show everyone that I’m strong. I can handle everything.