The Real Story

Close Your Eyes

 

KRYSTAL’S POV

Someone bumped me and I was really not in the mood that time so I talked to him like that. Oh boy! Now he’ll think I’m rude. But why do I care? I don’t need him anyway. No need to be good to him. From now on, I won’t care for others anymore. I’ll prove to them that I can stand on my own.

When I went home, I saw aunt fell on the floor.

“Auntie! Here, I’ll help you.” I said as I help her stand.

I assist her walk and brought her to her bed. I don’t know what to do so I tried to call an ambulance but suddenly,

“No. Don’t call. I’m fine.” she said as she holds my hand.

“But auntie…” I insisted.

“No buts. I’m now fine. I just slipped a while ago when you saw me.”

“Are you sure??”

“Yes.. Thanks. Go to your room and change. When you’re done, you can help me prepare our dinner.”

“Okay.”

As what she said, I went to my room and changed. After I change, I helped auntie cook our dinner. My aunt is a bit old now. She’s getting weeker as day passes by so I have to take care of her.

 

TAEMIN’S POV

I really didn’t expect her to be like that. I can’t believe I became interested with her. Yes. She’s pretty. But rude. Disrespectful. And others…maybe.

When I arrived at the hotel, I called for food delivery and while waiting, I checked my notes and studied. When the food arrived, I ate….alone. I’ve been like this for 2 months and 2 weeks, I think, but why do I still feel that I’m not used to it? Maybe I just missed noona very much. I want to eat with her again.

I’m so excited for the house to be finished so that noona can go back already. And when she comes back, I’ll really be with her all the time. We won’t be able to see each other for a long time.

The next day again, I went to school early. Before I can go to our room, I’ll be passing by the 9th grade’s room which means, I will be seeing her face again. As I passed by her room, I saw her alone sitting at the chair at the last row nearest to the window. It seems like she’s the first one to come. I must not care about her but she seems to be very lonely. I want to enter but someone called me from behind.

“Taemin-ssi!” Nana yelled. “What are you doing here? Why aren’t you entering the room?”

“Oh. I’m just checking someone.” I answered.

“Who?? That girl? Do you like her??” She asked.

“Oh no no. I just wonder what she’s thinking. She’s like a loner.”

“I heard she’s a scholar here. Her brother just died and she’s staying now with her aunt.”

“Really? How did you know all of those?”

“From my dad. He told me her story. Actually, I wanna be friends with her so that she’ll not be sad anymore.”

“Why? What happened to her??”

“They came from a rich family but they were some of the passengers inside the plane that crashed. She was lucky to survive but not her parents. After the tragedy, their house was sold and she stayed with her aunt and together with her brother but just two weeks before, her brother died because of another tragedy. Now, she’s just living together with her aunt. Sad story right?” Nana stated.

“Oh my. Her story is really sad. I’m wrong. I should not hate her. Now, I understand.”

“You understand what??” She asked curiously.

“Nothing. Just don’t mind it.” I answered

Now I understand why she acts like that. I was wrong. I should have not judge her yet. If I only knew her story from the start. Maybe if those things happened to me, maybe I’ll just commit suicide instantly.

Now, my little feelings wanted to come back. I really want to be friends with her now but I’m shy and I don’t know how to start.

As days pass by, I still have not yet made a move on her until the house was done. Noona expected me to bring someone in our house but I still have no friends so I didn’t. I didn’t bother to let Nana come since she’s the only one and it will be boring here.

Also until the 1st semester ends, still no difference. I don’t even know her name until now. But I’ll really promise to start soon.