Operation: Break Up

Close Your Eyes

 

JOOYEON’S POV

We went home to fix my things and we then went out for a dinner.

“So how are you Krystal?” I asked.

“I’m good unni.” Krystal answered.

“Is my brother doing well?” I asked.

“Of course. He’s doing very well in many things.”

“So how did you like him?”

“I don’t know. I just suddenly felt it.” Krystal answered.

“She used to hate me very much.” Taemin said.

“But that was before I knew you.” Krystal said.

“So how’s your mom and dad?” I asked.

“Mom and Dad? They’re doing great. I think so. It has been a couple of years since they left us.” Krystal answered.

“What do you mean?”

“They’re gone already.”

“Oh. Sorry. I must not have asked.” I said.

“It’s fine unni. Uhmm, can I go to the comfort room?”

“Okay.”

She stood up and something fell from her neck. I picked it up and memories began to flashback. I remembered the necklace that Kean said he’ll give to his sister. It was exactly the same as Krystal’s necklace. Could she be…. Kean’s sister?

“Taemin, does Krystal have a brother?” I asked.

“Yes. But he already past away. Why?”

“So she’s just living on her own?”

“Yes.”

“Taemin, I think you should end your relationship.”

“WHAT?! Why?”

“Because I don’t want her to be in pain. She’s now living on her own. And you meant everything to her now. If you’re gone, you’ll ruin her life. It’s not too late.”

“But I can’t just let her go. I promised her. I won’t break that promise. I’m gonna win over this condition.”

“But we’re not sure.”

“Unni, Taemin, are you fighting?” Krystal asked.

“Krystal you’re here already. No, we’re not fighting. This is really how we talk to each other.” I said.

“Okay.”

After we eat, Taemin brought Krystal home and we then went home, too. As we enter our house, Taemin felt headache and fainted so I called an ambulance. Taemin was examined and when the doctor went out, I immediately asked him how was Taemin.

“The tumor in his head is growing bigger and he have to undergo operation as soon as posible.” The doctor said.

“Will he survive if he will undergo operation?” I asked.

“We can’t be sure. There will be a 50% chance that he will survive and 50% chance that he will not.”

“Can I think about it first?” I asked.

“Sure. I have to go. I still have to visit my other patients.”

Taemin was transferred to a private room and he woke up immediately.

“What happened? Why am I here?” He asked.

“Taemin, you need to undergo operation as soon as posible.” I said.

“Will I survive if I do it?” Taemin asked.

“There will be a 50/50 probability.”

“Is that so? Can you keep this from Krystal first?”

“So when do you want to have your operation?”

“Exactly before I die.”

“What do you mean?”

“If I undergo the operation earlier, we won’t be sure if I will survive or not so why risk it? If we will wait until the moment before I die, then I still have more time to live if ever I can’t survive the operation.” Taemin answered.

He got a point there. But I hate seeing him suffer. What if Krystal finds out about this? I better do something.