The Promotion

Close Your Eyes

 

In the morning, we went first to Kean’s house to return the necklace.

“Jooyeon? I thought you left already.” He said while scratching his head.

“Is this yours?” I asked as I showed him the necklace.

“Oh thanks! I’ve been looking for it last night but I can’t find it. I’m glad that you’re the one who found it. I was planning to give this to my sister when she comes here.” He explained.

“I’m glad too that I was able to return it to you without any damages. If I go back here, you should have already worn it to her, okay?”

“Araseo…” He answered.

Kean brought us to the bus station to make sure we’ll be safe. After that, I thanked him and he left. On our way to Seoul, Taemin and I took a nap. We just slept for the whole trip since we have nothing to do while we’re riding the bus.

When we arrived to Seoul, we first find a place to stay. We found a cheap hotel and I left Taemin there first. I searched everywhere for a vacant job and found I restaurant that wants to hire a waitress. I applied there and I was accepted.

The next day, I went to the restaurant early. Only the doorkeeper and I are around so I tried to cook one menu of the restaurant. When the manager arrived, he saw me cooking so he scolded me.

“What are you doing? You’re just a waitress here. You have no right to cook. Those foods will just be wasted. You should pay for it.” He said angrily.

I apologized to him and I saw the chef tasting the food that I cooked. He looked a bit surprised. Did I make it right? Does it taste bad?

“Wow! This is great. Try this manager.” He said and I was so surprised with his complement.

The manager tasted it and he was surprised too. They said that it was really delicious. The manager was delighted of the food so he promoted my as one of the cooks of the restaurant. My salary became higher so I started to open a bank account. I saved my salary there until it grows higher and higher.

I already saved a little large amount of money after a month so I decided to buy a gift for Kean. His birthday will be next week already. I promised him that I will come back on his birthday. I should buy him a good gift in return of all the things he has done for us.

After 5 days, the manager told me something important.

“Jooyeon, one of the chefs in France have tasted your food. He was really delighted so he offered you a scholarship in culinary arts in his school.” The manager said excitedly.

“Really sir?? Omo! I’ll accept it sir.” I answered without any hesitations.

“He said, you’ll be coming with him on Friday.”

“Friday?? Today is Wednesday right? Omo! Kean’s birthday!” I said with a worried face.

“So…are you going or not?” He asked seriously.

“I’m….I’m….*sigh* I’m going.” I said and my face started to fall.

When I was home, I told the news to Taemin. Taemin was so happy for me. But wait…. If I leave, then who’ll take care of Taemin?

“Noona, if you’re there already, don’t worry about me here anymore, okay? I can handle myself. I’m a big boy already.” He said.

“Okay. I’ll leave you my prepaid card. Please don’t spend it on nonsense things. I’ll go back here before the school year opens. I’ll send you to a good school. Where do you want to study?” I asked.

“I want to study at Daewon. I want to learn English better. I want to experience how it feels to study in a private school.”

“Okay. I’ll enroll you to that school when I go back. But now, we should sleep. It’s getting late.”

We are now staying in a better hotel. We are now more comfortable here. I will let Taemin stay here when I’m gone. When I come back here, I will start making our own house.