Kean Oppa is Gone

Close Your Eyes

 

KEAN’S POV

2 weeks to go before Krystal’s class will begin. I should save more money now so I can buy her things needed for school.

I prepared the table again outside the house to sell my music boxes. As I open my very little store, Krystal took a chair and sat beside me. She helped me call some buyers.

“Ahjussi, please buy my brother’s music boxes. They are all good. Here. Take a look.” Krystal said to the ahjussi.

“Let me see…hmm… This is great. My daughter will be glad for this. Here. I’ll take this….Thanks cute girl.” The ahjussi said as he purchase one of the music boxes.

Krystal continued what she’s doing until almost all music boxes were sold. Only two left and I can close. When I looked beside me, Krystal was not there already. I saw her go to the other side of the road and I saw a guy following her. He doesn’t look good so I followed them too. Krystal stopped somewhere and picked flowers. Suddenly, the guy started to talk to her. She just stared at him nervously.

“Hi little girl. Nice flowers, huh?” He said. “And your necklace is nice too. It looks like a diamond. Is it real?”

“Who are you?? I don’t talk to strangers.”

The guy went near to Krystal and held her necklace. He slowly detached it from her neck but before he could completely detach it, I approached them.

“Lillte girl, stand still okay? This won’t hirt if you just stay.”

“Aaaaaaaaaah! Oppa! Where are you??” Krystal cried.

“YAH! Who are you?? What are you doing with my sister?! Back off!” I angrily said.

The guy got the necklace and ran. I ran after him. He’s so fast but I still caught him. He punched me and I fell down. I got up and punched him back. Everyone around us went away from us and our fight continued. A woman called the police and before the police come, I got the necklace from him and ran. He also ran after me, caught me and all of a sudden, I felt pain somewhere near my stomach. Not just once but thrice. I looked down and saw I knife buried down my stomach. I really felt the pain that I think was the greatest pain I’ve encountered in my whole life. Someone saw me and called an ambulance. Before the ambulance arrives, I heard my sister calling me and she was crying the whole time.

“Oppa!! Don’t leave me! Oppa!” Krystal cried.

“*cough* *cough* Kr..Krystal…D..Don’t worry a..about op..pa. E..everthing wi..will b..be f..fine” I said to her as blood comes out from my mouth.

After a few seconds, the ambulance arrived and brought me to the hospital.

 

KRYSTAL’S POV

While we’re inside the ambulance, I just keep on looking at oppa and he’s looking at me too. He’s trying not to close his eyes because he’s afraid that maybe when he closes his eyes, he can’t open it anymore. I continued crying. I don’t want oppa to leave me. He’s the only one left to me and I don’t want to lose him too.

When we arrived at the hospital, oppa can’t take it anymore so he closed his eyes. It was too late. As expected, he was not able to open his eyes anymore. NO! OPPA! DON’T LEAVE ME!

After a few minutes, aunt came. When I saw her, I went to her and hugged her.

“Krystal, what happened?? Where’s your oppa?” She asked.

I cried harder and maybe she knows what it means already so she cried too and hugged me once again. After that, the nurse brought us to the morgue. I can’t believe it…OPPA IS REALLY GONE! NO! I can’t imagine my life without him.

I can’t stop crying and aunt comforted me. We went home and I immediately headed to my room and cried and cried and cried.

The next day, oppa’s corpse was cremated and we brought the ash to a nearby river and let it fly with the wind. Only aunt and I were there and we cried again. From that time, only aunt took care of me and she treats me now as her own daughter. I promised her that I will do well in school so I won’t be a big burden to her.