Taemin's Condition

Close Your Eyes

 

NANA’S POV

I wonder what the two have done. Did they go to Krystal? Did they tell her the truth? What are they planning to do? I had no idea. Well, I trust them. Better leave it to them.

“Nana!” Raina shouted.

“What have you done?” I asked.

“You’ll know it starting tomorrow.”

“I hope it won’t ruin our friendship.”

“No, it won’t if she really mean what she said.”

“So you really talked to Krystal?”

“What about Krystal?” Taemin asked.

“Taemin? You’re still here?” Lizzy asked.

“Yes. So what about Krystal? What will happen tomorrow?”

“Nothing it’s just between the three of us.” Lizzy answered.

“Are planning something bad for her?”

“No, ofcourse not. Why would we? She’s my friend.” I answered.

“Okay. You’re not going home yet?” Taemin asked.

“We’re going home. Are you still going to meet Krystal?”

“Maybe not. I don’t know where she is. Can I go with you?”

“Sure.”

Taemin walked with us. He doesn’t want to go home yet since it will be boring at home so he brought each of us home. Because of what he is doing, Lizzy and Raina became his friends.

 

TAEMIN’S POV

It was fun having two new friends. Now I’m gonna go home and rest for tomorrow will be another great day with Nana, Lizzy, Raina and most of all, Krystal.

The next morning in school, I saw Krystal alone under the tree. I slowly walk towards her to surprise her but she noticed me. I was expecting her to laugh but I was shocked that she just smiled and left. I wonder if she’s mad at me. After class, I searched for her and I found her in the cafeteria, alone. I tried to accompany her but she walked out again. I saw Nana and friends on the other side so I just went to them.

 

NANA’S POV

I think I know what’s happening. It seems like Krystal keeps on avoiding Taemin.

“What’s up Taemin?” I asked.

“What have I done? Why is she avoiding me?” Taemin said.

“Krystal is avoiding you? Why? How could that happen?”

“I don’t know. But I should do something.”

I just kept quiet because I don’t know what should I do. Will I support him or will I discourage him? Oh I feel guilty.

 

 

TAEMIN’S POV

I quickly ran to find Krystal. I saw her somewhere and she’s crying.

“Krystal? Are you crying?” I asked.

She just left without answering me. What could have happened? Did I do something wrong? Well, if she doesn’t want to talk to me, better leave her first alone. If that will make her happy.

 

NANA’S POV

“Raina, Lizzy, tell me the truth. Did you tell Krystal to stay away from Taemin?” I asked.

“Uhmm… Yes. But we did it in a good manner.” Rain answered.

“Are you sure?.......... No! Even though it’s in my favor, I don’t want to see Taemin sad.” I said.

My conscience is bothering me. *sigh* What should I do? If I make them together again, I will be unhappy again for the rest of our years.

Raina, Lizzy and I walked home when we saw someone lying on the ground outside the school. We went to him and I was surprised to see Taemin.

“Taemin?! Taemin! Wake up! What happened? Lizzy, Raina, help me.” I said in a panicky way.

Taemin moved, suffering with pain in her head.

“Taemin don’t worry. We’ll bring you to the hospital.”

I put Taemin’s arm around my neck and the other around Lizzy’s neck. Raina carried her belongings. We carried him all the way to the nearest hospital.

“Help! Anyone help us.” I shouted.

The nurses hurriedly helped us and the doctor examined him quickly. We waited outside the room and after a couple of minutes, the doctor went out.

“How was it doctor?” I asked.

“Are you his relatives?” The doctor asked.

“Uhmm… We’re his friends. His sister was out of the country.”

“Sad to say this but…. he has a brain tumor and he needs to undergo operation as soon as posible.”

“Wh…What?!”

“If you’ll excuse me, I have to go.”

“Okay.. Thank you doctor.” Lizzy said.

I burst into tears upon hearing the bad news. I don’t know what to do. And now, it really makes me feel guilty that I even dragged the only person that can make him happy away from him.

“Lizzy, Raina, I think I should correct my mistakes as soon as posible. I should make them again together.” I said.

“Won’t we call her sister first?” Lizzy asked.

We went inside the room and found Taemin awake. He was crying.

“Taemin we should ca~”

“I’m sorry I kept it from you.” He said.

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“About this brain tumor of mine. I was hiding this from you for a couple of weeks already. Because of this, I have given my sister a big problem. Because of this, I can’t promise her anything.”

“What will you promise to your sister?”

“Not to her. To Krystal.”

“Will…… she be the only one that can make you happy right now?” I asked.

“Yes. But it seems like she really doesn’t like me.”

“I’ll try to talk to her.”

Lizzy, Rain and I quickly went out of the hospital and tried to find Krystal.

“Krystal!” I shouted.

“Unni?” She said with a smile.

“I’m inviting you for a dinner tomorrow evening. I hope you can come.”

“Sure unni.”

We left after that. We went to a café and told them my plan.

“What are you planning to do?” Raina asked.

“I want to give them time together. We won’t be sure if Taemin can survive this. But I want him to be happy. To be very happy. And it will just happen if he will be by Krystal’s side.”

When I went home, Taemin texted me that he was already discharged. He thanked me for bringing me to the hospital and told me not to tell Krystal about his condition. I told him to go here in my house tomorrow evening for an important announcement.