One (part 2)

It's always Sooshu

It had been 2 weeks since Shuhua started her class. Yuqi introduced her properly to Soyeon and Soojin on her third day of going to the University so Shuhua is kind of close with them as well now.

Shuhua's personality gained many attention. She's louder than Yuqi and always hyper. She also always greet the other girls happily whenever she saw them. Soyeon and Soojin were comfortable with her presence already especially Minnie and Miyeon who literally treat her like a baby now. 

Yuqi still bicker alot with Shuhua, Minnie joined the bickering when she feels like want to. Sometimes, Miyeon also blended in. 

"It's time for you to choose which club you want to join, so anything in your mind?" Yuqi asked as she gave a list of the clubs available. They're standing by the locker as Yuqi just done taking her books.

"Do you want to take just one or two clubs like me?" Yuqi asked.

"If I take two, I'll get super tired Yuqi yaaaaa." Shuhua pouted.

"Then take one. I didn't ask you to take two. I was just asking."

"Hm." Shuhua tapped her chin while still looking carefully at the list.

Just then, the other girls coming their way. 

"Hi Yuqi, Shuhua!" Minnie greeted them while Miyeon smiled. Soyeon and Soojin both went to their locker opposite to Yuqi's locker to get their stuffs.

"What's with her?" Miyeon asked when Shuhua doesn't notice their presence because of being too focused on the list.

"Ah. She have trouble to choose which club she want to join." Yuqi said.

Now Soyeon and Soojin already walking near them. 

"Yuqi yaaaaa. How am I supposed to do now." Shuhua pouted and looked at Yuqi with her signature puppy eyes.

"What what. It's just a club. My god." Yuqi said.

"Hey. Don't be mean to our Shuhua here." Minnie said and approached Shuhua to hug her.

"Tell me, what's making you hard to choose." Minnie said.

"I don't know." Shuhua still pouted.

"How about you choose one of the clubs that has us." Miyeon said.

"Huh?"

"True. Then you won't be alone at least." Minnie said.

"What's your club?" Shuhua asked.

"Me, Miyeon and Yuqi joined choir. But Yuqi's other club is basketball. Soyeon unnie is in music club, Soojin unnie is in dance club."

"Oh?" Shuhua turned to look at Soojin who only raised her eyebrows when Shuhua looked at her.

"Soojin unnie dance?"

"Duh. Of course. She's the president. She's the goddess of the dance club." Yuqi said.

"Yah, you only interested in her club?" Miyeon asked.

"Hahahahhaha. I kind of want to join the cheerleader but then later I need to cheer for soccer team so that's a no no." Shuhua said.

"It's ok, you can join the team that cheer for basketball team." Soyeon told her.

"Soyeon unnie, that's a big no also. I need to cheer for Yuqi? Nah uh. Not gonna happen."

"YAH! I'M YOUR BEST FRIEND!"

"Exactly Yuqi, I'm your best friend and not your cheerleader."

Everyone laughed at what Shuhua said. Now Yuqi bickered with her again but Shuhua just laughed and ended up hugging her. 

"Then I'll just join basketball. We can have fun together!" Shuhua said which makes Yuqi agreed immediately.

They parted ways when the bell rang, Yuqi dragged Shuhua who's busy blowing kisses to the unnies who only laughed at her. 

"Guess what? You missed out one thing." Yuqi said.

"Hm? What is it?" Shuhua asked.

"Soojin actually have two clubs."

"Oh. What's the other one?"

"Cheerleaders for basketball team and she's the co-captain. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA." Yuqi laughed and skipped happily leaving the dumbfounded Shuhua.

Yuqi knew Shuhua have a huge crush on Soojin since they first met. So it's fun to tease Shuhua whenever she got the chance to.

 

 

 

... 

 

 

 

"Soojin."

"Mm."

"I think Shuhua likes you."

Soojin stopped writing on her notes when Soyeon said that. 

"Stop saying nonsense thing."

"I think Soyeon is right. Shuhua always ask about you." Minnie said while Miyeon only nodded.

"So? What do you want me to do?" Soojin asked.

"Do you like her too?" Miyeon asked.

"What? No." Soojin frowned and looked away.

"Well. I just find her interesting. Out of all your suitors, she never force herself-"

"A few times, she did." Soojin cut Soyeon off.

"Ok but honestly, you like it when she's being clingy and all." Soyeon said.

"Yes. You were blushing last time when she almost kiss your cheek." Minnie said.

"And you look at her back when she's staring. The thing you never do to your other suitors." Miyeon said.

"Well. She's... A friend. Like you guys. She's not someone or strangers like my other suitors." Soojin told them.

"It's ok. Me and Miyeon began as friends too." The two of them giggled.

"What's wrong with you guys trying to set me up with Shuhua?" Soojin asked.

"We're not. We just love the chemistry between you two and it seems like Shuhua bring out a new side from you too, not a bad thing though. Don't worry." Soyeon said.

"New side of me?" Soojin frowned.

"You're slowly coming out of your shell. You can be soft when it comes to her." Soyeon said.

"Hush. Don't say anything. We know what we see so you can't argue with me." Soyeon added when Soojin was about to deny her statement.

"It's ok unnie. Just be yourself and make yourself comfortable." Minnie smiled at her.

"Yeah. Just go with the flow. Don't think too much about it. We're just giving you a heads up that Shuhua might like you more than just a friend." Miyeon said.

Soojin only nodded her head and resumed on writing her notes but her mind now have been occupied with a certain someone after the conversation with her friends.

 

 

 

... 

 

 

 

It was lunch time, the four of them went to the cafeteria but Minnie frowned when the table where Yuqi and Shuhua always sit with her was still empty. She looked at the time and frowned even more. 

"What's the matter?" Miyeon asked.

"It's weird. Yuqi and Shuhua should be here already. Their class ended 20 minutes earlier than ours." Minnie said.

"Knowing them, they were never late when it comes to eating." Minnie said again.

"Why don't you try calling Yuqi?" Soyeon asked.

"Hold on." Minnie took out her phone and called Yuqi.

"She's not answering." Minnie said.

Just then, Somi came running to the cafeteria. 

"Guys. Let's go to the basketball court. The new girl, Shuhua do a sudden audition for the basketball club and she passed!" Somi said in excitement.

"REALLY??" Minnie and Miyeon asked but already feel excited for Shuhua.

"Yes and now she and Yuqi do a one versus one game. So people were gathering around. Come on guys. It'll be fun!" Somi said and already running out with some students also leaving the cafeteria.

"No wonder the cafeteria looks a little empty." Soyeon said.

"I want to watch them play! Let's go guys!" Minnie said and dragged Miyeon with her. Soyeon shrugged and just followed them.

"Come on. I'm sure it won't be long." Soyeon told Soojin.

And right there, they saw Yuqi and Shuhua standing in the middle of the court. Soyeon and Soojin joined Minnie and Miyeon at the third row of the bleachers.

"I'M GONNA WIN THIS GAME." Yuqi said with confidence, rubbing her palm together while grinning to Shuhua who's busy tying up her hair into a messy ponytail.

"BRING IT ON, SONG YUQI!" Shuhua replied loudly.

"WOOOHOOOO!!!" The crowds already make noises.

Surprisingly, the cheerleader team came right on time to cheer on them. Soyeon looked at Soojin. 

"I'm not gonna cheer, this is not even an official game." Soojin said. Soyeon only nodded mindlessly.

The student who played as their refree, named Elkie yelled out "GAME START!"

Yuqi started off first, dribbling the ball away from Shuhua. Shuhua only watched with her "Hm, not bad. Ok ok" face. But Yuqi got annoyed with her expression so she bring the ball back near her and showed her skills.

"IS THAT ALL YOU GOT?" Shuhua provoked her playfully.

Yuqi hissed and then decided to make a shot which she did and earned loud cheers from the crowd including Minnie, Miyeon and Soyeon.

"Ahhh. Will one goal be enough for you?" Shuhua asked with her innocent face.

"What?" Yuqi looked at her, confused.

"Because I'm not gonna give you a chance after this." Shuhua smirked.

"OOOOOHHHHHH!" The crowd amazed with Shuhua's same level of confidence as Yuqi.

Shuhua throw the ball towards Yuqi and Yuqi captured it. 

"Now, Song Yuqi. Try to avoid my attack." Shuhua challenge her.

"Oh. You're so on, Yeh Shuhua."

Shuhua only chuckled but her face change in a second. Her eyes now focused on the ball and every moves Yuqi made. She make a sharp movement in order to prevent Yuqi from doing a score. 

Just then, Shuhua make a sudden attack and snatched the ball from Yuqi before dribbling skillfully towards the other direction and making her first goal. 

"YEH SHUHUA YEH SHUHUA!" The students now cheering on her name.

They decided to continue the game and no more talking. They promised whoever make the first 10 goals wins.

"Woah. Shuhua looks different when she play. It feels like our baby has grown up already. Ah I want to cry." Miyeon commented and squealing with Minnie. Soyeon only smiled proudly at Shuhua. While Soojin, she watched Shuhua carefully and her eyes never leave the girl.

"YAH! WHERE DID YOU GET YOUR ENERGY FROM?!" Yuqi yelled at her with hands on her knee, already out of breath. Shuhua spin the ball on the tip of her point finger before she winked at Yuqi and throw the ball behind her without looking and yep, she scored the last goal and won the game.

"WOOOOOOO!!! YEH SHUHUA!!!"

Shuhua smiled widely and bowed four times to her left, right, front and back. She then laughed and skipped happily towards the cheerleader team and danced with them. 

Yuqi sighed heavily but as she saw the happy smile on Shuhua's face make her smiled as well. 

"Lunch on you, Yuqi!!!" Shuhua sticks out her tongue then continue dancing cutely.

"Right. Anything for you, my dear best friend." Yuqi mumbled to herself but smiling as she ran towards Shuhua and joined her doing the silly dance together which cause everyone else to laugh at their behaviour.

 

 

 

... 

 

 

 

"Ah I'm so tired unnie. I'm so drained. I don't have energy to even eat now. Huhuhu" Shuhua was whining as soon as they reached cafeteria. She is now sitting beside Soojin as she insisted the girl to sit with her after saying "I need you to regain my energy back, Jinjin ah. So sit with me."

Soojin couldn't bring herself to say no to the girl when she's looking that tired but still cute. Also because Soyeon already went to help Yuqi order the food for them. 

Minnie and Miyeon just smiled looking at the tired Shuhua while eating their food. The students keep glancing at their table now because it's rare to see Soyeon and Soojin joined other table for lunch, especially Soojin who is so hard to approach. 

"Yah wake up. Eat your food." Yuqi poked Shuhua's shoulder and sit beside her with Soyeon sitting in front of Yuqi.

"I'm tired Yuqi yaaaaaa." Shuhua whined and still leaning her head on Soojin's shoulder who just eating calmly.

"Well, I wasn't the one who suggest to play." Yuqi said.

"But you agreed!"

"Still! Not my fault!"

"Ugh fine fiiineee."

Shuhua sit properly now and started eating. She widened her eyes and hummed in satisfaction. She gave thumbs up to Yuqi and smiled at her.

Yuqi laughed and nodded her head, telling Shuhua to just keep eating.

Because of too hungry and tired, Shuhua ate abit fast that she ended up choking on her food. Everyone looked at her worriedly and was about to help her when Soojin beat them to it. 

Soojin gave her water to Shuhua and rubbed her back gently, leaning closer and looked at Shuhua with her worried face. 

"Are you ok? Do you feel better now?" Soojin asked softly after Shuhua finished drinking the water.

"I'm ok, Jinjin. Hehe. Thank you." Shuhua grinned at her then continued eating. Soojin smiled and caressed Shuhua's hair one time before she resumed eating, ignoring the stares of her friends since she's completely aware of every eyes on her action.

"Ahem. I'm going to the rest room for a while." Soojin excused herself as she can't stand the stares from everyone.

"Don't be long, unnie." Shuhua said before she left.

"Oh. Why are you guys not eating?" Shuhua asked when she finally realised everyone stopped eating.

"Girl, what did you do to Seo Soojin?" Yuqi asked with her serious face.

"Huh? What?" Shuhua tilted her head in confusion.