One (part 1)

It's always Sooshu

Yeh Shuhua, 20, the only child of her very supportive parents. She always do whatever she likes and refused to do what she don't want. Her parents will always end up giving in to her, letting her do what she want to do.

Just like now, Shuhua had just arrived in Seoul to continue her studies together with her childhood best friend, Yuqi who already been in Korea since 3 years ago. That's another reason why Shuhua insisted on coming to Seoul too, she missed her best friend.

"YEH SHUHUAAAAAAAAAA!!!"

Shuhua turned to the loud voice coming from her very own best friend and couldn't help but to laugh out loud as she gave the same energy as Yuqi, yelling out "YUQIIIIIIIIIIIII!!"

Shuhua ran quickly to her and both of them crushed each other in a tight hug as they laughed together and keep screaming, ignoring the stares they got from people around. 

"OH MY GOD! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU FINALLY MADE IT!!"

"I KNOW RIGHT!! GOSH, THIS STILL FEELS LIKE A DREAM!"

"YEAH AND- wait. Hold up."

Yuqi pulled away and looked at Shuhua's happy face. 

"Did you just talk in korean language with me just now?" Yuqi asked in confusion.

"I had learned about the language a year ago, even though I'm still not good at it." Shuhua answered while grinning.

"Damn girl. It's not good? It's more than enough for you. I can't believe this. You'll be doing good, Shuhua ya." Yuqi laughed and patted her head.

"Yah. I'm not a kid anymore." Shuhua swatted Yuqi's hand away.

"Nope. Uncle and Aunt said to protect you like the baby you are. So I'll listen to them more than you, baobei." Yuqi teased and patted Shuhua's head again.

Shuhua just whined and kept pushing her away. Yuqi just laughed it off. Just like that, the two best friends reunited and nothing has changed. They were still the old them, lots of teasing and being silly together.

Yuqi brought Shuhua back to her apartment. She was excited to finally have a housemate. It has been so lonely living alone, though sometimes her friends came to sleepover when they wanted to have a bonding time.

"Woah Yuqi. This place is nice." Shuhua already made her way inside as soon as Yuqi opened the door for her. Yuqi only laughed seeing Shuhua being excited.

"Guess I don't need to tour her around. She knows where to go." Yuqi told herself when Shuhua already disappeared from her sight.

"THIS MUST BE MY ROOM RIGHT!!!"

Yuqi laughed when her guess was right. Shuhua know her way. 

"YES IT IS. BE THANKFUL, I'M BEING A GOOD BEST FRIEND WHO PREPARED THAT ROOM FOR YOU!" Yuqi yelled from living room, dragging Shuhua's luggage.

"I CAN'T WAIT TO SLEEP HERE! I LOVE THE ROOM. THANKS YUQIIIII"

"It's not even a day yet, but she makes my place feels like home already." Yuqi smiled and looked at the happy Shuhua rolling on her bed.

"Here's your luggage, you lazy bum. Start unpacking then I can order us some food while I explain to you about the university you're going to attend with me. There's alot of things you need to know."

"OK!!"

 

 

 

... 

 

 

 

The next day came so fast. Yuqi's and Shuhua's place already hectic with the two of them finally living together. 

"YAH! WAKE UP ALREADY IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE LATE!!" Yuqi yelled and got strangled on her neck by Shuhua who got annoyed at her for yelling so near into her ear.

"HAHAHAHAHA I'M SORRY I'M SORRY!! HAHAHAHAHAH"

Yuqi kept laughing when Shuhua strangled her neck and wrapped her legs tightly around her body. Till the both of them finally fell down on the floor and they grunted before they looked and glared at each other only for them to burst out laughing after that. 

"I can't believe our first morning will be like this. Aish." Yuqi muttered.

"Hahahaha but admit it, you love it that I'm here." Shuhua sticks out her tongue playfully while Yuqi just laughed.

"Well, I can't really deny that."

 

 

 

... 

 

 

 

At 8am sharp, Yuqi and Shuhua have arrived together at Cube University. Yuqi's first class will start at 9am, but she decided to accompany Shuhua and show her the way to go to the office as she was required to go there first to take her schedule list and so on.

"Here it is, so I'll just leave you here. Is that alright?"

"Yeah, thanks Yuqi."

"No problem, call me if you need anything. My class will end around 11:30am, I'll be at the cafeteria by then. Just come there if you don't have anything else later."

"Ok sure!"

Yuqi hugged Shuhua and wish her luck before leaving as Shuhua entered the office.

Shuhua was nervous but she didn't let it consume her too much. She greeted the staff happily and introduced herself as the new student. The staff chuckled at her cheerful self and asked her to wait for a while. 

While Yuqi went to her locker to get her books before going to her class, she met her friends there. 

"Hi Yuqi!" Minnie greeted her with a wide smile as always. She is with her girlfriend, Miyeon.

The two of them are actually Yuqi's seniors but they managed to be friends through the choir club that they joined together last year. Yuqi have a second club too, which is basketball. Not everyone taking two clubs in a year but Yuqi being the active student she is, decided to take two clubs.

"Hi love birds!" Yuqi wiggled her eyebrows.

"So, where's your friend?" Minnie asked and Miyeon looked at her in curiosity.

"Ah. She's registering her first attendance. She will join us later maybe, I'll introduce you guys to her. You'll love her for sure."

"How you know that we'll love her?" Miyeon asked.

"Oh please. You guys love me already when we first met, then it'll be easy to love Shuhua. We're best friends after all." Yuqi said proudly.

Minnie just laughed while Miyeon rolled her eyes. 

"Miyeon."

The three of them turned to look at Soyeon, who just called Miyeon. She is another senior that Yuqi respect as well but Yuqi being Yuqi, always end up being silly in front of her which cause her to get teased by Soyeon sometimes. 

"Oh, Hi Soyeon!" Yuqi smiled at her.

"Oh, Hi cutie." Soyeon said with her straight face. Minnie and Miyeon already tried to hold their laugh.

"I am not a cutie. I'm a cool person." Yuqi pouted.

"Shouldn't that be me?" Soyeon asked which makes Minnie and Miyeon to finally laughed.

"Aish." Yuqi puffed her cheeks.

"Let's go guys. Or else we'll be late." and that's Seo Soojin, Soyeon's best friend.

If Yuqi is the bubbly one, Minnie and Miyeon is the cheerful love birds, Soyeon and Soojin will be the coldest but they are actually very warm hearted and kind, just they don't show it often.

Soojin, Soyeon and Miyeon left together as they have the same class while Minnie went with Yuqi. 

"I miss my girlfriend already." Minnie pouted. Yuqi just shakes her head, she looked back and stares at Soyeon's back before she smiled and looked to the front again.

"Cheer up! It'll be only for few hours." Yuqi put her arm around Minnie's shoulder.

 

 

 

... 

 

 

 

It is time for lunch break. Yuqi and Minnie are the first ones to arrive at the cafeteria. Minnie was still sulking because she misses Miyeon. 

"Come on. It's not like you won't see her for the rest of the day."

"You don't understand. If you love someone, you need to see the person all the time."

"Oh, I do. I understand. But I at least can control myself and not sulking like you."

"Yah!"

Yuqi just laughed and raised her hands in surrender. 

After few minutes, Miyeon came to the cafeteria with Soojin and Soyeon. Miyeon left them to go to Minnie first. 

"Hi there." Miyeon smiled and pecked Minnie's cheek. Minnie finally smiled and whined to her saying how much she missed her.

"Urgh. You guys are gross." Yuqi rolled her eyes as she looked at the two of them being lovey dovey in front of her.

"Just say that you're jealous you can't be like this with Soyeon." Miyeon said.

"Excuse me? That's ruuuuuudeeee." Yuqi put her hand on her chest and make a dramatic reaction.

"I mean, how can I? When she always sit at other table with her friends instead of here." Now it's Yuqi's turn to pout and she looked at the table not far from them, where Soyeon is sitting together with Soojin and their other friends.

Soyeon, Soojin along with Miyeon are kind of popular. People look up to them as they are the most respected seniors there. Minnie too, but Minnie is much more friendly with other people just like Yuqi. That's why it's easier for people to approach them than the other 3 girls. 

"Well, you could've invited her to sit here next time." Miyeon said.

"Uh. I don't know." Yuqi replied.

"You're going to sit here with me or...?" Minnie asked Miyeon since sometimes Miyeon will have lunch with them but she always have lunch with Soyeon and Soojin.

"I-"

"YUQIIII YAAAAAAAA"

Everyone in the cafeteria now can hear the cute whiny voice coming from Shuhua who just entered and wailing as soon as she saw Yuqi.

Yuqi looked behind and immediately opened her arms for Shuhua. Shuhua sat on her lap and hugged her as she continued to whine. 

"THIS UNIVERSITY IS SO BIG AND I KEEP LOSING MY WAY AND I STILL DON'T REMEMBER ALL THE CLASSES AND I EVEN THOUGHT THE STAFFROOM IS THE CAFETERIA THAT'S WHY I CRY WHEN I FINALLY FOUND THE WAY TO COME HEREEE HUHUHU."

"Aigoo. And she said not to treat her like a baby anymore." Yuqi mumbled and rubbing Shuhua's back as she tried to calm the girl down.

"I WANT TO GO HOME ALREAAADYYY."

"YAH! You've come a long way from Taiwan and you already want to go home on your first day?"

Shuhua pulled away and gave puppy eyes to her. Yuqi frowned and shakes her head.

"Stop it. Now get off of me, you're heavy you know."

"Am not!"

"You are!"

"Hmph!"

Shuhua moved to sit beside Yuqi and crossed her arms, still pouting. 

"If you're going to sulk, you're not getting your food." Yuqi threatened her.

"Hey that's not faaaaiiir." Shuhua whined and glared at her. Yuqi only glared back at her. The two of them now have a glaring contest.

Minnie watched them with her amused smile while Miyeon was still confused. 

Unknown to them, all attention were on them since the moment Shuhua's loud voice distracted everyone from their lunch. 

"This is so fun to watch." Minnie grinned.

"Are they going to stay like this?" Miyeon asked.

"You go stop them."

Miyeon sighed but she agreed. She knocked on the table few times and she received a glare from Yuqi and Shuhua now. 

"What?" Miyeon was taken aback by their reaction while Minnie was already laughing on her own.

"Who are you?" Shuhua asked as she squinted her eyes on Miyeon.

"Yeh Shuhua. Don't be rude. She is your senior and older than you." Yuqi scolded her.

"Oh?"

Shuhua quickly stood up and bowed politely with her pretty smile. 

"Hello. It's nice to meet you, I'm Yeh Shuhua. But you can just call me Shuhua."

"Pfft. You look weird being so polite like that." Yuqi said.

"I am always polite, unlike you."

"Hello Shuhua. I'm Miyeon." Miyeon quickly interrupted before they argued again.

"Hey I'm here too!" Minnie raised her hand.

"Huh? Were you there the whole time?" Shuhua asked, confused.

"I am. In fact, I've been watching you the whole time. I'm Minnie, Miyeon's girlfriend." Minnie smiled at Shuhua.

"And you're so pretty. Shuhua right?" Minnie added.

Shuhua gasped and sat down again now. 

"Daebak. I like you already. How did you know that I'm pretty?"

Yuqi dropped her head on the table, giving up on Shuhua already while Minnie and Miyeon just laughed. 

"Are you an unnie too?" Shuhua asked.

"Well if you're younger than Yuqi then yes." Minnie answered.

"I am always and forever be younger than Yuqi here but I am more mature than her." Shuhua said.

"Mature than me? Are you kidding me???"

"No Yuqi. I am not kidding at all." Shuhua replied with a serious face and that's it, Minnie and Miyeon love Shuhua already.

 

 

 

... 

 

 

 

While on the other hand, 

Soyeon and Soojin have been watching the whole thing and heard the whole thing too since Yuqi and Shuhua has a loud voice so basically, everyone can hear them. 

"Who is she? Is she Yuqi's girlfriend?" 

"She's the new student I think. Remember the rumour? I think she's the one." 

"She's so pretty!! And cute!" 

"She's funny, almost like Yuqi." 

"I think this year will be fun."

Soyeon and Soojin heard the murmurs and whispers about Yuqi and especially Shuhua. 

"Hm. So I think that's the girl, Yuqi's best friend." Soyeon said. 

"I think this is the first time Yuqi got distracted and not stealing glances at you." Somi, one of their friends said. 

"Are you jealous?" Moonbyul asked in teasing manner. 

"Why should I?" 

"You can't hide it from us. We know you actually like her." Solar, Moonbyul's girlfriend said. 

"True." Soojin mumbled softly. Soyeon looked at Soojin with her expressionless face. 

"What?" Soojin asked and looked at her with the same emotion. 

"Aish. This heartless duo." Somi shakes her head. 

"I wonder if Miyeon forgot about us." Soyeon said. 

So they all turned to look at Yuqi and Shuhua again. Soojin's mouth twitched abit, almost smiling seeing Shuhua being energetic and talking happily with Minnie and Miyeon, ignoring the sulking Yuqi now. 

"Next class will start soon, let's go." Soojin said and already standing up. She was just walking for abit when suddenly a guy blocked her way. She looked up only to see a smiling Hui, the captain of soccer team.

"Hi." He said. Soojin only nodded and was about to walk when he also moved to block her again but then he bumped onto Yuqi who's busy talking to Shuhua beside her. 

"Next time use your eyes." Hui hissed. 

"She always use her eyes, if not she won't even looking at you right now. She only rest her eyes when she sleep." Shuhua said innocently. Yuqi almost burst out laughing but she don't want trouble so she just bowed and wanted to drag Shuhua away but Hui said something else which make them stop. 

"Do you know who I am to talk like that to me?" 

"I don't know you. Does it matter?" Shuhua replied. 

"Yah. Stop it." Yuqi whispered but Shuhua doesn't care, it's her personality to always stand up for herself and her friends. 

"And who are you who dare to talk to me like that?" Hui now already turned to Shuhua with his annoyed face. 

"Me? I'm just a pretty girl who happen to study in this University from now on and certainly someone who don't care much about who you are and I don't like the way you talk to my friend." Shuhua answered honestly then she looked at Soojin. 

"And you baby girl, you're so gorgeous. You deserve someone who's much better, definitely not this jerk who is rude and no respect at all." Shuhua said, smiling to the speechless Soojin. 

Hui scoffed and folded his long sleeve shirt but Shuhua stepped forward and pushed Yuqi out of her way and put her hands on her hips. 

"What? You want to fight a girl now? Just how low are you to do this to a girl huh?" Shuhua said with no sign of fear at all. 

"What's going on here?" Soyeon came with her emotionless face. 

Hui was about to say something when Shuhua beat him to it. 

"This guy is being rude to my friend and I can't accept it." Shuhua said. 

"Just apologise, Hui." Soyeon said. 

"What? It's not my fault!" 

"And I'm sure Yuqi here and her friend doesn't do anything wrong too. I've watched the whole thing. You're the one who got mad for no reason when you're the one who bumped onto her first for trying to block Soojin's way." Soyeon said, now crossing her arms. 

"And I think Soojin made it clear last time that she's not interested, doesn't she?" Soyeon added. 

Hui got embarrassed to be confronted by Jeon Soyeon, the University pride. She won many awards for being the top student and some company even try to recruit her as she is super talented. She's the president of Music Club, she writes many good songs that she use to join competition and since then, she's been winning all the time. 

Hui only muttered a "sorry" before he hastily leaving the cafeteria. 

"Thank you, Soyeon ah." Yuqi said softly. 

"Woah. You're so cool, unnie." Shuhua clapped her hands and before she could say something more, Yuqi dragged her again this time to get their food. 

"So the new student already calling you unnie." Soojin said. 

"and she already calling you baby girl." Soyeon replied. Soojin blushed and ignored her, walking ahead leaving Soyeon who smirked silently.