Eleven (part 2)

It's always Sooshu

"It has come to a beginning of a war, your majesty. Baek Kingdom has sent their army and slowly taking over North West"

"How about our army?"

"My King, the leader of the troop that we sent had send one of their men to inform us about what's going on there. They will need a back up soon"

King Daeho massaged his temple as he tried to think of a way to fix this. They are now having an urgent meeting at the hall. 

"Dad. If you want, I can go with my troop-"

"There's no way I will allow that to happen, Soojin" King Daeho cut her off.

"By all means, My King, I'm all set to go. I just need your command, me and the troop will get ready" General Hui said.

"General Hui" Soojin frowned and looked at Hui who only smiled at her in return.

"I'm here to serve Seo Kingdom. I will do anything to protect the Kingdom as best as I can" Hui said.

"Objection. I will go with General Hui. You know us dad, we'll be a great pair to fight together" Soojin said.

"But Princess Soo-"

"You're not going to argue with me too, General Hui" Soojin glared at him which shut his mouth right away.

"Enough!" King Daeho stopped them and stood up.

"I'm the one who will go if things get worse" He added.

"What dad?"

"Honey?"

"Your majesty!"

King Daeho raised his hand and closed his eyes. 

"I'm the King of this Kingdom and it is my responsibility to make sure this kingdom is safe and sound. No objection here, I said I will go with the troops"

Soojin and her mother frowned, it has been a long time since King Daeho went for a war so they are worried for him. King Daeho then dismissed everyone and went to his study room with his royal guard. 

He sighed heavily and sat down as he looked at his guard. 

"I need you to pass a message to Princess Yeh Shuhua" 

 

 

... 

 

 

It has been 2 days after the meeting, everyone were anxious about King Daeho's decision but they know no one can stop him once he made a decision. 

"Princess Yeh Shuhua and Princess Yeh Yuqi has arrived!" 

Soojin heard the loud announcement from their royal front guard so she went out with her mother to receive them. 

"Your highness" 

Both Shuhua and Yuqi bowed politely towards them. 

"Thank you, for coming" Queen Jinhee smiled at them. 

"Did dad call them?" Soojin asked in whisper. 

"Yes" 

Just then, King Daeho's personal guard appeared and called for Shuhua and Yuqi. 

"We will go see uncle first" Yuqi said. 

Queen Jinhee and Soojin just let them go. General Hui appeared right after they disappeared, he bowed and looked at the Queen and Soojin. 

"I have something to discuss about the war" He said. 

"Come in" Soojin commanded. 

They went to the back where the garden is located. 

"I know His Majesty insisted that he'll be the one who will go with the troops but I can't just stay still doing nothing so I've prepared my troop so they'll be ready to go anytime" General Hui said. 

"Ok. Its good to have many backup. We don't know what will happen" Queen Jinhee. 

"I will make sure the troop under my wings will be all prepared as well" Soojin said. 

 

While on the other side, King Daeho has asked Yuqi's permission as Shuhua's guardian after her parents to have Shuhua as his backup. 

"Mom and dad told me to help you and your kingdom with whatever we can. If Shuhua's help is what you need the most, uncle, who am I to say no?" Yuqi smiled at King Daeho who sighed in relief. 

"Are you really ok with this, Shuhua?" He asked Shuhua now. 

"You don't have to worry. I got you, uncle" Shuhua winked which makes him chuckled. 

"I know it is very selfish of me to ask for your help when I have my own daughter but, I'm not ready to let her join any war even though there's no doubt that she will be a great warrior" 

"I understand, uncle. Having her as your only daughter, it's hard to let her go"

The reason why King Daeho really trust Shuhua was not just because she is the daughter of his best friend but Shuhua is known as a very skillful warrior and had experienced going to a war for few times already. 

"I'll try my best to protect Aunty and Soojin here too, uncle" Yuqi said. 

Yes, King Daeho had asked for Yuqi's help too to keep an eye around the kingdom while he's away. Yuqi said yes right away, especially knowing she will get to stay on guard as well as spend more time close to Jeon Soyeon, Soojin's personal royal guard. 

"Mom and dad will be on alert at all times. I will send my signal to them if things go sideway" Shuhua informed. 

"Thank you. I'm glad that I have you guys and Yuqi, may I speak to Shuhua alone?" 

"Sure. I'll be with Aunty and Soojin then" 

Yuqi bowed before leaving Shuhua with King Daeho alone. 

"We will be leaving next monday, today is Thursday. We'll wait for a final call from our troop there. If it's not under control, then we will go" 

"Yes uncle. We can't let them get here and harm your nation" 

"Hmm. Shuhua?" 

"Yeah?" 

"Do you still like my daughter?" 

Shuhua looked away and sighed. She smiled before she nodded her head slowly. 

"I still do. It's a pity that the feelings are not mutual"

"I know. I found out someone else is interested in my daughter too" King Daeho sighed. 

"General Hui?" 

"Huh? How did you know?" 

Shuhua chuckled and shakes her head. 

"I really like your daughter, uncle. And I can see he's looking at Soojin the way I do" Shuhua explained. 

"Yeah. The only problem here is that I don't know what's my daughter feeling" 

"And you don't mind if she likes anyone even if it's General Hui" 

"Ah. So you know" 

"I do. I understand. You and Aunty cherish her a lot and have been supportive towards her. I don't think you will stop her from being with anyone she likes even if it's General Hui" 

King Daeho felt guilty towards Shuhua. He is selfish for not taking Soojin nor Hui with him for the war, just because it'll hurt Soojin since he thought there's something going on between them. 

"Uncle, my love for Soojin won't stop me even if it's one sided" Shuhua said. 

"I will be here and to fight by your side as mom's and dad's daughter who wouldn't say no to help anyone who need my help"

"Uncle, I'm ok if Soojin doesn't return my feelings. I'm good with being just friends. Just like you and aunty, her happiness will be my happiness too. I'm good just by loving her from afar, it's more than enough for me" 

King Daeho teared up hearing Shuhua's sincere confession. No one has ever confessed to him about how they feel for his daughter genuinely like that. 

"I'm sorry, and Thank you. You're a good person" 

"I know" Shuhua smiled. 

 

 

... 

 

 

"Hmm. Good idea but I still think it's good if you two just stay here and watch out for the kingdom" Yuqi told Hui and Soojin who were just sharing their strategies. 

"You guys look so intense. What's up?" 

Everyone's looking at Shuhua and King Daeho who finally joined them. 

"Dad" 

"It's settled. Shuhua will be my right wing" 

"But-" 

"Seo Soojin. I told you, no objection" 

Soojin slumped her shoulders and Shuhua smiled seeing her reaction, she knows Soojin really want to go to the war and experience it all. 

"Will you be ok, dear?" Queen Jinhee asked Shuhua. 

"Yes aunty, don't worry about me" Shuhua answered. 

"Stay for dinner, would you? You can even stay here first and go back home tomorrow" King Daeho told Yuqi and Shuhua. 

"It's fine uncle. We'll leave after the dinner" Shuhua said because she will need to do a detailed preparation before the war. 

"Alright then" 

"I'll go back to the training field" General Hui said and bowed, he smiled at Soojin before leaving and Soojin smiled back at him. Shuhua saw all of that. 

"Since you're joining us, I'll cook" Queen Jinhee said excitedly and Yuqi offered to help which she agreed. King Daeho asked Soyeon to come with him as he wanted to say something to her. 

Now, left with Shuhua and Soojin alone. 

"Hi, Princess" Shuhua greeted her warmly. 

Soojin looked at her with a poker face and just nodded her head once in return. 

"Still upset that you can't join the war?" 

"What do you think?" 

Shuhua chuckled as Soojin is still giving her cold shoulders. 

"You, make sure my dad will come home safe and sound" 

Shuhua's smile still on her face as she stare at Soojin. 

"Easy. I can do that" She replied with confidence. 

"May I ask you a question?" Shuhua asked. 

"You have already asked. But sure, what is it?" 

"Do you have someone else?" 

Soojin furrowed her eyebrows and snorted. 

"No. Hell no. I have no time" 

"You sure?" 

"Yes. What is it to you?" 

"Just curious. So, you don't have anyone yet" 

"Yes, Shuhua. I don't" 

Shuhua smiled and stepped closer towards her. She wrapped an arm around Soojin's waist when Soojin keep backing away from her. 

"If that so, can I kiss you? It's kind of my wish before the war" 

"W-What-" Soojin paused when Shuhua leaned closer and let their noses touched. 

Shuhua just smiled and winked at her before reaching for Soojin's hand and brought it to her lips. Soojin just watched how Shuhua kissed the back of her hand gently. 

"I will bring back your father safe and sound. That's my promise" 

 

 

... 

 

 

Monday has come so fast and everyone's nervous. It's the day. King Daeho have just finished suiting up in his silver uniform and armor, and his brown horse is ready outside. He went out together with his wife and Soojin. Everyone's there to watch him leave the kingdom for the war. 

Yuqi was there too, she has decided to come one day earlier saying she need to check the parameter and all before the King leave (of course it's just an excuse, she can't wait to see Soyeon honestly). 

King Daeho checked all the troops while waiting for Shuhua. Just then, Shuhua finally arrived all set in her beautiful white armor suit. Her long black hair is tied into a neat and high ponytail. She is riding her favourite, trustworthy black horse. Her swords on each side of her waist. She looks magnificent and people stares at her in awe. 

"You're here. We're ready to go" King Daeho talked to her. 

Shuhua just nodded her head then looked at Yuqi who squinted her eyes at her. 

"You better come back to us if not I will die and become a ghost to annoy the hell out of you" Yuqi warned.

"Bold of you to assume I would still want you around if I were a ghost"

"Yah!"

Shuhua just laughed, grinning cheekily at Yuqi as she successfully annoyed her.

"Ok girls, stop it" Queen Jinhee chuckled, knowing too well already that the siblings love to bicker even during a serious moment.

King Daeho laughed as well before climbing up to his horse.

"It's time to go" King Daeho said. Shuhua just nodded and turned around with her horse. She let King Daeho lead the way with his troop first. Before she followed, she turned her head again and looked at Soojin for one more time who only raised her eyebrow at her.

"I think you may start preparing for our wedding because I'll marry you once I'm back" Shuhua smirked before she finally left Soojin speechless there.

"Ooohhhh that's my sis alright" Yuqi clapped her hands proudly while Queen Jinhee just laughed.

"Do you guys made a deal that we did not know of?" Queen Jinhee asked Soojin.

"Ugh, I don't know" Soojin rolled her eyes and stomped inside. Soyeon hold a smile as its the first time she witnessed Soojin being sulky like that.

But unknown to everyone, Soojin just can't wait to read the letter Shuhua gave her last Thursday which she asked her to only read after her dad and her left for the war.

 

Dear Princess Soojin, 

By the time you read this, I'm out for the war with your father. I have asked a permission from your father before asking for your hand. I know we never really date and you never reply to any of my letters but I can't deny the attraction I feel towards you. 

You keep pushing me away but it's making me want you more. I may have given up if you have someone else already but I won't stop if I don't try. I want you to know that I am serious about you. 

So, Seo Soojin, I am here to officially ask for your hand. I really like you. I can't get you out of my head. You're all I see whenever I close my eyes. Give me a chance, that's all I ask. 

I love you. 

Yours truly, 

Yeh Shuhua.