Four (One Shot)

It's always Sooshu

Love is complicated. 

Loving can hurt sometimes, people say. Loving can be difficult at times, they say. Loving can be so suffocating too. I don't have any objections to their opinions about love because I, myself, feeling all of that. Hurt, difficult, suffocated.

I've been trying to love as best as I could, but in the end, I'll only get hurt. I wish I can just unlove and erase whatever I feel but it's not as easy as I hope. 

So here I am, with my heart still aches everytime I look at the person I love being court by someone else. 

"He's at it again. Can she just say yes to him if she really like his attention?"

"Shh. What are you saying? Then what about Shuhua? She can't."

"Exactly. Then she should tell him no directly when she's taken already. Ugh. Shu, until when you're gonna keep quiet like this?"

I stopped eating when I heard Yuqi was asking me that question. Yes, right now I'm at the cafeteria with Yuqi and Miyeon. 

"Seriously Shu. You are her girlfriend, you have the right to get upset."

"What can I do? No one knows we're together except you guys." I whispered and continued eating.

"But still, its so wrong of her to not reject her suitor. She should at least let them know that she's off limit." Yuqi said.

"But then again, people wouldn't believe her because they never see her with anyone and she never be obvious about her relationship with our Shuhua here." Miyeon said.

Yuqi was about to argue when Soyeon came with a new girl.

 

.. 

 

"Hi guys. Sorry for being late but I was put in charge to tour a new student around. So this is Minnie, new student from Thailand. Say hello to her please." Soyeon said so all of them greeted Minnie warmly and welcome her to their squad.

"Hi guys. I hope we can get along together and I look forward to being friends with all of you." Minnie said in her perfect korean which making the girls gasped in surprised.

"You're good!" Yuqi praised her and she just smiled shyly.

"Oh. She can sing too." Soyeon informed her friends about Minnie's talent that she found out earlier.

"No way! We should do a duet next time then!" Yuqi exclaimed.

"I would love that." Minnie said, smiling to Yuqi.

"So pretty." Miyeon who's sitting beside Shuhua, mumbled quietly. Shuhua glanced at Miyeon before she looked at Minnie again.

"Ah. You heard that?" Miyeon whispered at Shuhua and blushed when she noticed that Shuhua heard her.

Shuhua just chuckled and nodded her head. The two of them only watch Yuqi talking nonstop to Minnie as Soyeon sometimes interrupted them to tease Yuqi.

 

 

 

... 

 

 

 

Shuhua just finished her class and she need to rush to her locker so she left her friends, telling them she need to go. 

Shuhua put her books into her lockers and take her personal notebook, putting it inside her bag. Just when she closed and locked her locker, Soojin appeared at the hallway.

Shuhua sighed as a small smile grow on her face watching Soojin coming closer. 

"Hi."

"Hey."

"How's your class?"

"Mm. Same old. I heard the new student is getting along well with you girls."

"Ah. Minnie unnie? Yeah. She's fun."

Soojin glanced at Shuhua and smiled as she put her books into the locker. Shuhua told herself to just stay still even though its hard for her to stop herself from pulling Soojin close to her so she can kiss that smile on her lips.

The last time Shuhua tried to kiss her, Soojin pulled away and pushed her slightly saying that she's not comfortable if anyone were to witness that. Ever since then, Shuhua controlled herself and avoid making Soojin uncomfortable with her affection. Other reason is because only Shuhua's friends know that they're together. Soojin's friends and other students don't know about them yet. 

Shuhua and Soojin never discuss about this. Shuhua was actually waiting for Soojin to talk about it with her but she never bring it up so Shuhua just go with the flow, as long as Soojin is fine. That's all that matters to her. She will always put Soojin first. 

"You're done? Shall we go home now?" Shuhua asked.

"Yeah. Let's go."

The two of them walked out of their college's entrance together. Everyone only know that they're good friends after Soojin was asked to team up with Shuhua on last year's event for their college's family day.

They grow closer with each other and become friends. Feelings started to grow, eventually. So yeah, Soojin just said yes when Shuhua asked her out and be her girlfriend. 

"You know, my friends are envied of me." Soojin said.

"Why?"

"Because I have you to walk me home everyday."

Shuhua laughed. Soojin's friends sometimes and Soojin when they're around, saying how Shuhua acts like Soojin's girlfriend by the way she treat Soojin. Whenever that happens, Soojin and Shuhua will only laugh it off but never comment anything. 

"They can walk each other home." Shuhua said.

"Nah. We care about each other but not to the point that we will walk each other home. Because we're all just too lazy." Soojin replied.

"I can see that." Shuhua poked Soojin's cheek.

"Do you want me to bite your finger?" Soojin glared at her playfully but Shuhua only grinned.

"Hey Shu."

"Mm?"

"I love you."

Even if she keeps hurting, Shuhua can never leave Soojin. One, because she love her too much. Second, because of this... She believe that Soojin love her the same. 

"I love you too, Seo Soojin."

The two of them smiled and never stop smiling the whole journey to Soojin's house.

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

"Shuhua!"

Shuhua was panting and sweating, she stopped running and see who were calling her. 

"Yeah? What is it?"

Shuhua panted and put her hands on her knees, trying to catch a breath. 

"Aigoo. Look at you. How come you wake up late today?" Minnie chuckled and pulled out a small towel from her bag to wipe off Shuhua's sweat.

Shuhua got punished to do the running since she came late for her class and she accidentally snapped at her rude lecturer for trying to embarrass her in front of her class.

"Minnie unnie, what are you doing here?"

"My first class ended early so Yuqi texted me to come here and take care of you."

Shuhua stands up straight and let Minnie wipe her face. 

"You know you don't have to." Shuhua said.

"It's ok. We're friends, we take care of each other right? How many rounds you have to do?"

"10. I've just finished my sixth round when you came."

"4 more rounds then. Want my company?"

"Huh?"

"Come on. I'll run with you so you'll feel less tired."

"But-"

"Let's start now Shu!"

Minnie already put her bag and the towel on the bench where Shuhua put her bag and she just grabbed Shuhua's wrist as they started to run together. 

"Yah! Slow down!"

"No. You can do this Shu. I'll be with you!"

They ended up running together but Shuhua surprisingly enjoyed Minnie's company as she kept laughing while running because Minnie tried to do a silly dance while running. 

"Stop it unnie! Hahahaha don't make me laugh. I want to finish this fast." Shuhua laughed. 

Unknown to them, most of the classes had already finished and many students were watching them from their classes window and some already standing close to the field. 

Even Soojin and Soojin's friends who were still in class, watching the whole thing through the window. 

"Aw look at them. They're so sweet. If Shuhua end up with that new student, you won't have her attention anymore Soojin." One of her friends said jokingly but it makes her frowned. 

"Yeah. If Shuhua were affectionate to me like she did to Soojin, I think I'll fall for her and ask her to just be my girlfriend." her other friend said. 

"Don't you ever feel anything towards her, Soo?" 

Soojin looked at her friends with her poker face before she looked down at Shuhua and Minnie again. 

"It's time for lunch break guys. Let's go." Soojin said coldly and walked ahead. 

"What's wrong with her?" One of the girls asked but the others only shrugged. 

 

 

 

... 

 

 

 

When Shuhua and Minnie done with the run, they received a text from Yuqi to come to cafeteria quickly as she had already ordered lunch for them. 

Minnie put her arm around Shuhua's shoulder as they walked towards the cafeteria, they were talking happily ignoring how everyone now started to ship them together. 

"Never knew running makes me feel so alive." Minnie said. 

"You're so weird." Shuhua laughed. 

They're still laughing when they entered the cafeteria which makes heads to turn their way including Soojin and friends. 

"Yah lovebirds! Come here faster. Or your food will cool down already." Yuqi said out loud. Minnie only laughed while Shuhua just rolled her eyes. 

"Lovebirds?" Miyeon asked Yuqi. 

"They look like a couple, from what I heard. So I just entertain the students' idea." Yuqi grinned. Soyeon only chuckled, knowing Yuqi too well for always choose to be playful and joke around. 

"Ah I'm so hungry!!" Shuhua squealed cutely. 

"Me too!!" Minnie copied her. 

"Hushh. Just eat." Soyeon scolded them. 

"Ok!!" Both Shuhua and Minnie yelled before digging in. Those who were watching them just chuckled. 

Soojin smiled secretly seeing Shuhua being cute like that. 

"Anyways, why were you late?" Miyeon asked Shuhua. 

Shuhua wanted to answer her but still full with food. She tried to explain using her hands but it is still hard for her. 

The sight were too cute for everyone and Soyeon can't help but to ask her slow down and talk later. 

"I can't sleep last night. When I finally fell asleep, turned out I woke up late. I don't know, it just happened like that." Shuhua explained after she swallowed. 

"Alright. Eat alot, our Shushu." Soyeon cooed and patted Shuhua's head since she's sitting beside Shuhua. 

"Ok unnie. Thank you." Shuhua smiled and continued eating. 

"Ugh. This is so good." Minnie said and keep eating. 

Yuqi and Soyeon takes care of Shuhua well while Miyeon pay attention for Minnie instead. All of that, Soojin witnessed it all. 

 

.. 

 

Shuhua was waiting for Soojin at her locker as usual. Her reason to walk her home everyday was because their houses are not far from each other so might as well just go home together. So when people know that, they stopped questioning Shuhua's action. 

Shuhua was feeling tired and sleepy after the run she did earlier so she leaned her back against the locker and closed her eyes. 

Soojin who finally walking there smiled at the sight. She opened her locker slowly not to wake her up and locked it silently. 

"Shu?" She called her softly. Shuhua then opened her eyes to look at Soojin. 

"Oh. You're here already." Shuhua said sleepily. 

"Yeah. Have you been waiting for long?" 

"Not really. Shall we go now?" 

"Ye-" 

"Soojin!" 

Both of then turned to look at Hui who was running towards them. 

"Hey um, I-" He paused and looked at Shuhua. 

"I know you always walk her home but... I have something I want to tell Soojin. So I was wondering if its ok I walk Soojin home while I talk to her?" Hui asked, biting his lip as he look nervous. 

"Ooohhh. Someone has decided to finally level up." Soojin's friend said as the group chuckled seeing the blushing Hui. 

"So Shuhua will be walking home alone then?" Minnie who listened to the conversation decided to step in since she know the whole thing about them from Yuqi. 

"Eh? Minnie unnie? I thought you're with other unnies and Yuqi." Shuhua said. 

"Ah. I forgot to give you back your pen. Here." Minnie handed her a cute purple pen. 

"You can just give me tomorrow." Shuhua told her. 

"But you're still here, so why not. Anyways, thanks for the pen." Minnie smiled and hugged Shuhua's waist. Shuhua just chuckled and patted her arm. 

They are comfortable with the skinship and also because Minnie is a little clingy to Shuhua since the younger girl always protect her when Yuqi and Miyeon . So Minnie grow to be closer with Shuhua. 

"If you're going home alone then I'll go with you." Minnie told Shuhua. 

"You two honestly look cute." Soojin's friend said. 

"Thanks!" Minnie thanked her happily. 

"So umm, Soojin?" Hui asked Soojin again about his offer. Soojin's eyes staring hard on Minnie's arms around Shuhua's waist and she totally don't like that someone else is now comfortable doing that to her girlfriend when she, herself, are not able to do that. 

"You can just tell me now, Hui. It's ok. Me and Shuhua can go home after that." Soojin said. 

"Uh, well... But I need to talk to you alone." Hui said. 

"Is it important?" 

"Err.. Kind of." 

Soojin sighed then looked at Shuhua who's looking at her. Soojin glanced at Minnie's arms again before she looked back at Shuhua. 

"Shu, would you mind to wait a little? Don't go without me." Soojin said, surprising Shuhua and Minnie. Even her friends didn't expect that from her. 

"Ah. Ok, sure Jin ah." Shuhua smiled. 

"Minnie sshi. Shuhua will still go home with me." Soojin told Minnie. 

"Ok, fine with me." Minnie just smiled at her. Soojin only give her a small smile before gesturing Hui to follow her. They only walked far enough from the girls so they won't be able to hear them talk. 

"I guess, I'm going home alone then." Minnie said. 

"Hold on, unnie." 

Shuhua took out her phone to call Miyeon. 

"Miyeon unnie. Are you still here? Good. Because Minnie unnie is alone and she don't want to go home alone. Yeah? Ok I'll tell her." 

Minnie tilted her head at Shuhua. 

"Miyeon unnie is still here. She just returned the books she had borrowed from library. She said she will go home with you unnie." Shuhua said. 

"Eh? It's ok though." 

"No no. I don't want you to go home alone unnie. You already accompany me running earlier. Since I can't accompany you, so Miyeon unnie will replace me then." Shuhua wiggled her eyebrows. 

"Ok ok. I'll go with Miyeon." Minnie chuckled. 

"I kind of envied of your friendship." Soojin's friend said. 

"You guys can do the same thing. But I heard Soojin said you're lazy to do that and want to go home quickly so you can rest after having a world war with studies." Shuhua said with her innocent face. 

"Did you just tell my friends I told you that?" 

"Opps." 

Shuhua's eyes widened when she saw Soojin's already behind her. 

"You talked to Hui already?" 

"Yah Seo Soojin. Did you just call your friends lazy?" 

Minnie laughed seeing everything. It's funny to her. 

"What? It's true, isn't it?" Soojin looked at her friends with her usual poker face. 

"Well... We can't deny that." Her friends said. 

"So what did Hui said? Did he finally ask you out?" One of them asked. 

"Yeah." 

Shuhua frowned and looked down, clearly upset that Soojin got another confession. 

"Did you say yes then?" Minnie asked. She was curious because she care about Shuhua too. 

"Why would I say yes? I have a girlfriend already." Soojin said like it's a simple thing to her. 

"YOU WHAT?!" Her friends yelled and Shuhua looked up again. 

"SEO SOOJIN! WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU HAVE A GIRLFRIEND?" 

"SINCE WHEN?" 

"HOW COME WE DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT THIS?"

"WHO'S YOUR GIRLFRIEND?" 

"SOOJIN EXPLAIN!" 

Soojin sighed and rubbed her temple, getting headache with her friends' yelling. While Minnie smiled and received a text from Miyeon that she's waiting for her. 

"Well, I gotta go. Take care going home Soojin, and Soojin's girlfriend." Minnie said, waving at Soojin and Shuhua before she left. 

"Wait what?" 

Soojin's friends became more confused after Minnie said that. 

"Let's go home now, Shu. Oh ya, mom asked you to stay for the night. She's gonna cook your favourite for dinner." Soojin told Shuhua. 

"Really??" 

Soojin smiled widely and nodded at Shuhua whose face brighten hearing her mother will cook for Shuhua. 

"That's why you need to come home with me. Shall we?" Soojin offered a hand which Shuhua immediately take. 

"Your mom is the best!" 

"What about your girlfriend?" 

"Amazing." 

Soojin laughed and pulled Shuhua closer. 

"And you're my better half." Soojin whispered and kissed Shuhua's cheek. Shuhua's eyes sparkling as her smile widened. 

'Damn. If I knew I get to see this reaction from her when I show my affection, I'll do it long ago.' Soojin thought. 

"Hold on.... So... You two are... Together???" Soojin's friend asked.

"Yeah, since last year. I thought its obvious." Soojin replied innocently.

"We'll go now. Bye girls." Soojin and Shuhua then left Soojin's friends dumbfounded.

"Jin ah. You sure you don't need to explain to your friends?" Shuhua asked Soojin.

"I'll talk to them tomorrow. Don't worry. And Shu..."

"Hm?"

"From now on, let's be close with each other for as much as we can."

"You mean, I can show the world that you're mine?"

Soojin only nodded when Shuhua asked her that.

"I thought you're not comfortable with my affection." Shuhua said.

"It's not like that. I was just shy honestly." Soojin blushed.

"Wait. I thought you're ashamed of being my girlfriend and you don't want anyone to know."

Soojin frowned and stopped walking to look at Shuhua. 

"Of course not! Hell. I even told my parents that we're together." Soojin told her.

"Becau- wait. What??! They know????" Shuhua gasped.

"Uh yeah?"

"Yah! Why didn't you tell me?"

"I thought you knew already. I mean, can't you see? That's why mom treat you so well."

"Woah, Seo Soojin."

"What?"

Shuhua cupped her face and brushed her nose on Soojin's nose.

"You're amazing, jagiya." Shuhua said and pecked Soojin's lips.

"Mm. I know." Soojin replied nonchalantly but a blush were visible on her cheeks.

Shuhua laughed and cling onto her arm as they continued walking home together.

 

.. 

 

Love is beautiful. 

Love is full with colours if it's with the right one. Love is just precious. Loving can make your heart feels alive. Loving can make you feel content. Despite of all the pain you can feel through loving, you'll get through it all and feel the best thing in the world when you found the right one. 

As for me, I have found mine. 

My love, Seo Soojin. Thank you for coming into my life. I'm willing to go through all kind of feelings when I'm with you and I promise you, I won't be going anywhere without you. 

 

The End.