Three (One Shot)

It's always Sooshu

Seo Soojin sighed for the nth times as she wiped off her sweat. She ed one button of her white uniform and folded her sleeve messily till her elbows. She tied her hair in a messy bun as she tried to inhale and exhale. 

Today was unexpectedly hectic. It was only Wednesday, usually the cafe will start to get busy on Thursday onwards. Somehow today was not like any other free Wednesday. She was clearly not prepared for this, especially when she spent hours going out with the girls to karaoke bar last night. 

"God. What's with today? It's tiring."

Soojin glanced behind at Yuqi who kept complaining and whining as she tried to find something to fan herself with. 

"Right. I can't wait till we're done here and go home." Minnie pouted and leaned against Miyeon who's hugging her. Only now that they can finally rest after less customers in the cafe already. 

"At least you can regain your energy by having your girlfriend here." Yuqi said, watching the love birds with envy.

Miyeon just decided to apply for a cashier at the cafe they work at 2 months ago and got accepted right away. Minnie obviously super happy with the outcome as she's able to spend more time with her girlfriend.

Minnie and Miyeon sometimes take turn to handle the cashier. One of them can help Yuqi or Soojin when it gets busy as the two of them mostly just doing their task as baristas or beverage makers. 

It was only just a small cafe that serve variety of drinks, teas and coffees owned by their senior at College, Hyuna who managed to open up her business as soon as she graduated. The cafe has this cozy and chill vibe which makes it popular and the drinks are not bad. Customers like them all.

It has small but enough space for people to have a simple gathering just to catch up with friends or families for some drinks. 

The girls usually always got same shift together as they mostly have same classes for their college. Their boss, Hyuna, treat them like a family as she adores them alot. 

While the other girls also mostly got same shift, just because of same reason but the other group of girls went to different college. They are Ryujin, Lia, Yuna, Chaeryeong and Yeji. 

But when it gets out of control during weekend especially Sunday, the girls all work for overtime together but of course only if they are willing to do it since Hyuna do not like the idea of making the girls overwork.

Just then they heard a chimed which indicates a customer just entered through the main door. So Miyeon nudged Minnie to let her know about it. Minnie still pouting but moved away from Miyeon and stand beside Yuqi who's just drinking her iced drinks.

"Hello. Welcome to Bubble Pop." Miyeon greeted the customer.

As Miyeon taking the customer's order, Minnie tilted her head as she stared at her. 

"She looks familiar, don't you think?" Minnie whispered to Yuqi. Then Yuqi looked at the customer and thinks for a while.

"I'm not really sure." Yuqi said.

"But she's pretty." Yuqi added and Minnie nodded.

"One of our best juice for 91." They heard Miyeon announced so Soojin put back her phone into her black half apron pocket to start making the drinks.

The area to make the drinks are not hidden from customers view so anyone could look at them making the drinks while waiting.

After done making the drinks, Soojin was ready to serve so she went to her right side to put the drinks on the pick up counter and called out the number.

"Drinks for 91." She said loud enough with her soft voice.

The customer looked up to her and approached her. Soojin stand still waiting for her.

"91?" She asked and Soojin only nodded.

She takes her straw and put it directly into her drinks as she takes a sip. Her eyes widened and a wide smile appeared on her face as she looked at Soojin.

"It's good." She said.

"Ah. Thank you." Soojin smiled shyly.

"Ok. Have a great day, gorgeous. Byebye." She said cheerfully and skipped out after waving to Soojin.

"Oooohh you got yourself another fan." Yuqi cooed from behind and giggling with the love birds.

"I know we always see many pretty customers but that one was by far the prettiest one." Minnie said. 

"And your point is?" Miyeon asked, squinting at Minnie. Minnie laughed and hugged her girlfriend. 

"Don't worry, no one can beat your beauty." Minnie grinned when Miyeon blushed. Yuqi throws them a disgusting look before she looked at Soojin. 

"in a scale of 10, what would you rate the customer earlier?" she asked like she always did whenever customers tried to hit on Soojin. 

"Hm. Average." Soojin gave her usual answer. 

"Ugh. You're boring." Yuqi groaned. 

Soojin just chuckled and played with her phone again. Unknown to all of them, that's the first time the customer came there and won't be the last time because she will be a regular customer since that day.

 

 

 

... 

 

 

 

It had been 4 weeks straight, and their favourite pretty customer never fails to drop by once a week, every Wednesday to order the same drinks, request for only Soojin to make her drinks and will comoliment Soojin before she left.

"Thanks for making the best drinks in the world, beautiful." 

"You made my day just by looking at your pretty face, missy." 

"I forgot to breathe everytime I'm coming here and see you, you take my breath away, my angel." 

Soojin always just stayed quiet and blushed whenever the same customer dropped her pick up lines casually but Soojin being Soojin, always kept her straight face and tried hard not to show any reaction. 

She does not know if she like the person or the way the customer still make her comfortable despite of throwing pick up lines everytime. She never go beyond her line and know her limit to flirt with Soojin, which Soojin really appreciate.

"I wonder if this week she will come again."

"Yeah, I look forward to what she will say to Soojin this week."

Soojin was tying her hair as she heard Yuqi and Minnie talking about the customer that caught their attention nowadays. 

"When you're going to reply to her?" Miyeon asked Soojin.

"Why should I?"

"She's clearly interested in you."

"So?"

The girls groaned and looked at Soojin with their annoyed face. 

"Oh come on. Don't you like, maybe have a slight interest with her too?" Yuqi asked.

"Not sure. I only do my work here and treat her like a customer she is." Soojin replied nonchalantly.

They were about to argue with Soojin when they heard the cafe's bell chimed.

"Hi there!" Miyeon greeted the customer they have been talking about cheerfully.

"Hello!" She greeted Miyeon back with the same energy.

"So, the usual?" Miyeon asked and she only nodded as she paid.

Yuqi and Minnie looked at Soojin who's almost done making the drinks already.

"Woah. That was fast." The customer said and already picked up her drinks and facing Soojin who thanked her.

"I was hoping that you would actually take your time making my drinks so I will get to stay longer and stare at your face." She said making Soojin went speechless, again.

"Well, maybe next time. Gotta go now. Have a good day, be-" She got cut off when Yuqi suddenly interfered.

"Soojin."

"Huh?" She tilted her head at Yuqi, confused of what she's trying to tell her.

"Her name is Soojin. Seo Soojin. I think it's about time that you should know her name already." Yuqi said pointing at the dumbfounded Soojin.

"Oh. Thank you um-"

"Yuqi. My name is Yuqi. That's Minnie and Miyeon." Yuqi smiled as she finally introduced themselves to her.

She giggled and nodded her head.

"Thanks. I didn't expect this but yeah, thanks." She said.

Yuqi was about to ask her name but she got a phonecall which stopped her. She looked rushing and she bowed as she said her thank you again before finally leaving.

"Yah! Why did you do that?" Soojin frowned at Yuqi.

"What? I really can't help it ok. She kept giving you all sort of endearment everytime so I figured maybe I should just tell your name so she can just use your name next time and to be fair, I also told her our names. So we're even." Yuqi explained.

"Hm. True." Minnie said and Miyeon only nodded in agreement.

"Urgh. Whatever." Soojin rolled her eyes.

 

While on the other hand, the customer just got into her car and chuckled as she looked outside the window. 

"Seo Soojin. I actually know her name already, that's why I never bother to ask but thanks Yuqi, now I don't have to think how to pretend that I don't know her name yet and I can just call her name from now on."

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

True to Yuqi's words. The customer have been calling Soojin by her name now. She even gave her a cute nickname, Jinjin. 

"Hi Jinjin, it's good to see you again. You light up my day as always." She said and smiling to Soojin.

"Ah. Thanks." Soojin replied shortly.

"If I were her, I will already start to get bored with you already. You should learn how to talk to her better." Yuqi said.

"I am here to work, not to flirt." Soojin said.

"We did not ask you to flirt. We only want to see you interact with her better."

"What for?"

The girls face palmed as they were so done with Soojin.

"I seriously pity the girl for liking you Soojin." Yuqi said while Soojin only shrugged her shoulder.

 

The next day, the girls were at the college and was walking towards the cafeteria when a guy suddenly approached Soojin. 

"Hi, Soojin."

It was Hui, the popular guy who's rumored to have a huge crush on Soojin since early this year but never dare to talk to Soojin since Soojin seemed to be cold outside when she's actually a warm hearted person. 

"Um, I uhh... Is it ok if I talk to you for a while? I promise I won't take your time for long." He said while looking at the girls nervously.

"Oh. We'll just wait at the table, Soojin." Miyeon said and dragged Minnie and Yuqi with her. They can see all the students there keep looking at Soojin and Hui now.

"So umm, there's this... You see, uh, the college's annual party happening soon. I uh, I wonder if you would like to be my partner?" Hui asked her while keep rubbing his nape.

"Oh." Soojin thought for a while and glanced at her friends, asking for help but looking at Hui's shy smile, she couldn't help but to nod her head.

"Umm, ok sure." Soojin gave a small smile.

"Really? Oh my god, thank you!" Hui hugged Soojin making her frozen due to being shocked.

"Oh! I'm sorry I'm sorry! It was out of habit. I'm really sorry!" Hui pulled away and clasped his hands as he kept bowing saying sorry to her.

"Ah it's ok." Soojin said and blushed madly as she can see all eyes are on them.

"So uhh, I'll talk to you again next time for the update." Hui said.

"Yeah, ok." Soojin said then bowed a little before she went to her friends, leaving the happy Hui who did some dance then went to his friends table.

"Wow." Yuqi said as soon as Soojin sit down.

"What was that?"

"I don't know. I uh, I think I just agreed to be his partner for the annual party." Soojin said, biting her lip.

"Yah! I thought we're going to be partners since this love birds here will be together and I don't have anyone!" Yuqi whining.

"I'm sorry, Yuqi."

"Hey, let her be. I think it's time for Soojin to try and get to know someone. She have been pushing everyone away and we want to see her to try seeing someone." Miyeon said.

"Hmph. Fine." Yuqi crossed her arms.

"We can find someone to be your partner. You know, we still have time." Minnie said, trying to comfort the sulking Yuqi. Soojin only smiled a bit as she patted Yuqi's head.

"Ok. Make sure a hot girl to be my partner." Yuqi said which makes them all laughed.

Unknown to them, someone who's sitting back facing their table heard and witnessed everything. The person sighed and lowered her cap as she eat silently. 

'She's gonna be sad.' The person thought.

 

 

 

... 

 

 

 

"So, what you're going to do?"

She was standing outside her balcony, enjoying the night breeze. Her beautiful long black silky hair falls flawlessly on her back, the plain white long gown hugging her petite body loosely, the moon makes her skin shine brightly and her friend who have been watching her from the back praised her for looking that beautiful.

"Nothing, I guess." She said.

"What?"

"Nothing. I will do nothing."

"But, you said you like her?"

"Does not mean that I can just steal her away from the guy, right?"

"Well, who knows you still have the chance."

She chuckled, even her chuckles sound so endearing to hear and her friend can't help but to smile hearing it.

"It's ok. I can just continue adore her from afar. But-" She paused and turned around to look at her friend.

"How about, you go try your luck before it's too late for you too. I don't want you to be like me, missing a chance because of being late to do something." She said.

"What do you mean?"

"Unnie. I heard from Tzuyu that Yuqi is searching for a partner. It's a sign. You should try and ask her to be your partner." She grinned.

"This is not about me ok. We are talking about you here."

"But my topic has ended already. Soojin will be with Hui so that's it. Now now, unnie, do you need my help with Yuqi?" She wiggled her brows.

"You know what? It's late. I'll leave now. I'll see you tomorrow." Her friend left without waiting for her to say anything.

She just smiled seeing her friend left before turning to look up at the moon again. Her smile disappeared as soon as she looked at the moon. 

"Sigh. Seo Soojin. Can I really just let you go? Because I don't think I just like you. I think, I am in love with you." She whispered.

 

 

 

... 

 

 

 

For the first time ever, the girls did not see the regular customer anymore for 2 weeks already. They kept talking about her and tried to guess reasons of why she was not showing up anymore while Soojin only shrugged it off even though she felt something missing not seeing the girl every Wednesday.

'Or maybe I am just used to her presence here once a week, that's why.' Soojin thought.

"Hi Soojin."

Soojin looked up and see Hui. Hui have been coming alot to the cafe to have a small talk with Soojin, mainly talking about the plan for the party. Soojin told him they can just talk about it at college so he wouldn't have to come there everytime but he insisted. 

Soojin does not really fond of his presence there but she was not uncomfortable too, it's just a neutral feeling for her so she just let him be since it's better than giving her number, as she's very strict when it comes to giving out her phone number.

"Hello. One of your best juice, please."

Soojin heard the order and her head automatically turned towards the new regular customer that have been ordering what their regular customer used to order. 

"You know, there's this one regular customer that always had the same order as yours." Miyeon said as she keyed in the order. Soojin was already making the drinks after asking Hui to sit first as she need to work at the moment.

"But we did not see her anymore for 2 weeks already. She usually would come every Wednesday and ordered the same drinks." Miyeon giggled and take the card from the customer.

"Ah. You mean her?" The customer showed her friend's picture from her phone. Minnie and Yuqi quickly scrambled to get near the shocked Miyeon to look at the picture. Soojin who's done making the drinks, went towards them and raised her eyebrows when she saw the familiar face on the picture.

"YOU KNOW HER?!" Yuqi asked out loud with her eyes widened.

"Why wouldn't I? She's my close friend. And in fact, I'm here because of her." She said.

"Wait what?

"The drinks is not for me, but it's for her." She confirmed it to them.

Soyeon take back her card when Miyeon slowly giving it to her and asked Soojin if she can have the drinks already since Soojin suddenly not moving. 

"O-Oh, here." Soojin gave her the drinks.

"Why is she not coming here anymore?" Yuqi asked.

"Hm. Do you really want to know why?" She asked Yuqi back and Yuqi nodded.

"Can I have a pen and paper please?" She asked again, Yuqi quickly tear off a random paper she can see under the cashier and gave her the pen.

The customer wrote down something before she folded the paper and gave it to Yuqi. 

"Here. Let me know when you want to meet so I can tell you everything you want to know. For now, bye." She said and left the girls dumbfounded.

Yuqi frowned and unfolded the paper while the rest of the girls tried to peek at what's written on the paper. 

"Did she just give her number to you???" Minnie gasped.

"Jeon Soyeon." Yuqi whispered the name written on the paper.

 

 

 

... 

 

 

 

"So, did you contact her already?" Minnie asked Yuqi who was busy texting on her phone while smiling. She and the other girls just joined Yuqi at the cafeteria.

"Soyeon, is it? How is she?" Miyeon asked this time.

"She is... How do I say this? She's a little cold yet very kind. A plus point for her, she is actually super hot. I blame that leather jacket she wore the last time we met." Yuqi groaned and dropped her head on the table.

The girls just giggled at her before Minnie finally asked about what she had been wanting to ask.

"About Soojin's sweetheart-"

"Wait what?" Soojin was taken aback by what Minnie just said.

"Hush. The regular customer, her close friend, did she tell you about her?" Minnie asked Yuqi.

"Oh. Well, about her..." Yuqi sighed and looked at her friends before she started to tell them everything.

 

 

Flashback:

"Soyeon, right?" 

Soyeon looked up and see Yuqi. She nodded her head and gestured her to sit down. 

"I'm sorry, did you wait for long?" 

"Nah. I just got here 5 minutes ago. Would you like to order any drinks? My treat, then we'll go out to the park."

"Oh. Then I'll have Iced Latte." 

"Ok. Hold on." 

Soyeon went to buy the drinks for Yuqi and they waited for a while before they left with their drinks to go to the park. As they walked towards the nearest park, Soyeon began to tell Yuqi about her friend's basic information. 

"Her name is Shuhua. Yeh Shuhua." Soyeon said. 

"Yeh Shu- Wait- Don't tell me-" Yuqi gasped and looked at Soyeon's expressionless face. 

"Yeah. She is our college's Principal's one and only niece." She confirmed it to Yuqi. 

Of course the students heard about the rumour of Yeh Shuhua being the only family member of their Principal that's still alive after the terrible accident that had happened 3 years ago which has taken the lives of the Principal's parents, brother and sister in law leaving only her and Shuhua now. But no one has ever seen Shuhua as she's studying in Taiwan last time. 

"Ms. Yeh Sunmi cares alot about Shuhua. She is the only family she have left. So she do anything to make sure she's living well. Shuhua had been depressed for a year after the accident. She didn't talk to anyone. She didn't go out. She refused to meet anyone. Which gave Ms. Yeh to register her for a homeschool."

"But, how did you know her? And wait, you said our colllege? Are you in the same college as me?" Yuqi asked. 

"Yeah. I am. I guess you never notice me as you and your friends are quite popular too and I always stay low, avoiding everyone as I choose to be alone. Especially after Ms. Yeh asked me to be Shuhua's private tutor as well as her friend." 

"What?"

"I don't have a family. I live on my own. One day, Ms. Yeh called me and gave me a home. I did not only gain a home but a new family, her and Shuhua. It took me 5 months to get Shuhua to warm up to me and start talking to me, you know why?" 

"Why?" 

"Because she saw the love of her life." 

Soyeon paused and told Yuqi to sit on the bench with her. 

"Shuhua only have Ms. Yeh, me and Tzuyu." Soyeon continued. 

"Tzuyu????" Yuqi widened her eyes. Of course she know her. Tzuyu is one of the favourite students there. 

"Tzuyu is actually Shuhua's childhood friend but no one knows, obviously. Me and Tzuyu will visit Shuhua when we got time, to teach her or update her about anything. But mostly to be there for her." Soyeon said. 

"She didn't talk much. She always quiet. Her eyes always dull. It's like she is a living corpse. She have no purpose at all..." Soyeon sighed and looked down. 

Yuqi put her hand gently on Soyeon's shoulder as her way to comfort her. 

"We are not friends yet. We are not close yet at that time. But somehow, she managed to slip into my cold heart. I see her as a precious younger sister I've never had. I start to care for her like she is my own family. I start to treat her like a sister. I become soft for her. When she cried, I cried harder. I give her all the love she need to give her a strength to go through her dull life." Soyeon paused and Yuqi stared at her when for the first time after she met Soyeon, Soyeon finally give out a small smile. 

​​​​​​"And one day, one day... I finally get to hear her sweet voice. That's after she saw your friend, Seo Soojin." 

"Soojin?" 

"Yes. Shuhua went to the college to pass Ms. Yeh important document at that time and she saw Soojin from afar. Well, call it love at first sight. Her first words were 'Do you happen to know a very beautiful woman with a red hair? She's tall, have a nice body and have a pretty mole under her eye.'" Soyeon chuckled and looked ahead. 

​​​​​​"I almost cry when I hear she talk for the first time. That sweet girl. I can't believe it takes a certain Seo Soojin to finally break her wall." 

"Hold on. Then if you said after 5 months she finally talk..." Yuqi gasped and Soyeon just nodded her head. 

"Yeah. She had been crushing on Soojin for more than a year."

"Wow."

"At first, we thought it was only just a crush. But I can see that she's feeling more than just a simple crush. But because of liking Soojin, she talk more and more to me and Tzuyu and even to Ms. Yeh. We always fill her in about Soojin, whatever we know. Sorry if we sound like a stalker but to be honest, we did not stalk your friend. We only share some info we know about Soojin to Shuhua, that's it."

"Then about Bubble Pop?" 

"Ah. Tzuyu went there few times right? When she saw Soojin working there, she told Shuhua about it. Shuhua badly wanted to go there everytime just to see her but she decided to only go when she finally have the courage to see her up close." 

"Right. She even flirt." 

Soyeon laughed and Yuqi can't help but to find Soyeon's really pretty when she laugh. 

"You don't know how she always sound excited after dropping by the cafe. She always updated me, Tzuyu and Ms. Yeh about her visit there. She will rambling about how her heart wouldn't stop beating the whole time despite of her being bold and flirty one. She will keep telling us how beautiful Soojin is and talk as if Soojin is the only girl in this world. Then she will whine about the lack of emotion and reaction from Soojin but she still cherish every moments of it."

Soyeon looked at Yuqi and smiled. 

​​​​​​"My friend, My Shuhua, she is in love with your friend. She's in too deep. Her eyes sparkles like shining stars whenever she talk about Soojin. But... Ever since we heard about Hui, the sparkles were gone. We start to see a lifeless Shuhua again." 

​​​​​​"Right. Hui. I forgot about that." Yuqi looked down. 

"Well. Now you know the reason why she never show up at the cafe anymore. She's trying to save the last piece of her broken heart." Soyeon said. 

"I... I don't know what to say." Yuqi mumbled. 

"It's alright. You don't have to say anything. I only give you answer since you ask about her. So here's your answer." Soyeon told her.

"Yeah. Um, I didn't expect it to be like this. I mean, the story. I don't know that it's so serious that you even give your number and asked to meet." 

"Well, I have another reason actually..."

"Huh?"

"Do you want to go with me for the annual party?" 

 

End of flashback. 

 

 

 

​​​​​​... 

 

 

 

Yuqi looked at her friends one by one. They all were speechless. They don't know to be sad about Shuhua's story or to be excited for Yuqi because of Soyeon. 

"I..."

"That's..."

"..."

Yuqi sighed and looked at Soojin. 

"Soojin. Do you like Hui?" She asked.

"What?"

"Do you like Hui?"

"I don't have any sort of feeling for him. I only agree to be his partner." 

"And why did you agree?" 

"Because he asked?" 

Miyeon knocked the table lightly making them to look at her. 

"I think you agreed without thinking because you're nervous of all the eyes on you. But when he asked, don't you feel like... Your heart is about to burst?" Miyeon asked. 

"I told you guys I only agreed to go with him but I don't have any feelings about him and the whole thing." Soojin confirmed it. 

"Then what about Shuhua?" Minnie asked. 

"W-What?" 

"Do you like her? Come to think of it. She approached you first before Hui, just she never do beyond flirting and throwing pick up lines." 

"I... I don't know." Soojin whispered and frowned. She doesn't know what to feel about the whole thing. She is confused. 

"Well. You gotta figure out what you feel before things get serious. I think this Hui guy is trying to step up his game. You know, this isn't just about being partners for the party." Yuqi told Soojin and make her frown even more. 

"You don't like the idea of being his girlfriend, don't you?" Miyeon asked this time. 

"This is only for the party right?" Soojin asked them. 

"For now, yeah. For you, well you can say so. But we can't guarantee that Hui want you to be his partner for the party only. Who knows he might ask you out for real after this." Yuqi said. 

"That's why you need to sort out your feelings and know what you really want." Yuqi added.

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

Fast forward to the college annual party. Everyone is dressing up, looking all pretty and handsome. Everyone really make efforts to make them look good for the event, not only the students but also the lecturers there.

"Woah. See, I told you we shouldn't go for being simple. Lucky that I insisted all of us to put more effort in our dress and make up tonight." Yuqi said as soon as she and the other girls had arrived at the gate, coming out of the taxi together.

"Yuqi please. You just want to be extra beautiful for Soyeon." Miyeon said.

"That's true but hey! What's wrong with that?" Yuqi pouted.

"Nothing's wrong with that. Now let's go inside." Soojin said without expression.

"And where is Hui? I thought he was supposed to fetch you, no?" Miyeon asked Soojin.

"Told him that we'll just meet here. I want to come here with you girls. This is our last year, let's spend it wisely with each other." Soojin answered.

The girls looked at her with the puppy eyes causing her to frown. 

"What?"

"Awww Soojiiiin. We don't know that you love us that much. Group hug!!" Yuqi shouted and grabbed Minne and Miyeon to hug Soojin who's now being sandwiched by them.

"Yah yah. Stop it. Let's go in already." Soojin hissed but they all just hugged her tighter. She sighed and tried to pat them all.

"Ok ok. There. We can continue this later. I bet Soyeon is already waiting for you inside Yuqi." Soojin said.

"Right!" Yuqi quickly pulled away and walked ahead.

"Let's go guys. Don't be so slow." She yelled as she doesn't even look back at her friends who were rolling their eyes on her.

As soon as they entered the college's huge hall, they got many eyes on them since they were considered as top beautiful female students there. 

But they know Minnie and Miyeon are together, that's why when they make official in public, many of their fans got sad but most of them still wish the best for the both of them.

Seeing how everyone looking at them, Hui also noticed the attention. He smiled proudly before he excused himself from his friends to go to Soojin.

"Hey." He greeted and looked at Soojin only.

"Oh, you're here already." Soojin said.

"Yea. I've been waiting for you actually. You look beautiful." He said and keep smiling at her.

"Ah. Thanks." Soojin bowed slightly.

"Yuqi."

They all turned to Soyeon who just came and approached Yuqi. Hui raised his eyebrows as he never seen the girls hanging out with Soyeon.

"Didn't know you guys are friends." Hui said.

"We're not. I'm here as Yuqi's partner." Soyeon said straightforwardly.

"Oh. Wow." Hui laughed awkwardly when the girls were not showing any reaction.

"Um, would you like some drinks?" Hui turned to Soojin again.

"No thanks. Maybe later." Soojin said.

"Ok. Uh, do you want to go somewhere else with me?" Hui asked.

"Why?" Soojin asked.

"Well..." Hui glanced at the girls before he looked back at Soojin.

"I want to know more about you." He said.

"We can talk here."

"Ah..." Hui scratched his head, unsure of what to say to make Soojin understand that he want to be alone with her so he can talk to her more freely.

"It's either this guy is clueless that Soojin is not interested at all and only agreed to be his partner for the sake of just agreeing because don't want to embarass him or Soojin is just being herself, heartless and cold." Soyeon whispered to Yuqi.

"It's actually both." Yuqi whispered back.

"Does that mean Shuhua might still have a chance?" Soyeon asked.

"Maybe? Who knows. Because we don't know what Soojin feel about her but what we can guarantee is that she doesn't feel anything for Hui." Yuqi answered.

"Ooohh." Soyeon nodded her head and looked at Hui with pity.

"Soojin is not even looking at him with a slight interest. Do you think she will change her attention to someone else?" Soyeon asked. Minnie and Miyeon heard her since they're more closer to Soyeon and Yuqi than Soojin.

"to who?" they asked.

"Ms. Yeh Sunmi's niece." Soyeon said abit louder this time and some students near them heard what she said. Even Soojin and Hui turned to her. Soyeon chuckled as she looked at the entrance with a wide and proud smile. 

"Yeh Shuhua." She said and keep looking at the entrance. So everyone also turned their head to look at where Soyeon was looking.

Right there and then, gasps and murmurs can be heard. Two stunning women walking in elegantly, side by side. One being their favourite Principal who's famous for being y and the hottest female Principal ever and another breathtaking woman beside her who also caught everyone's attention with her extraordinary beauty. 

"Damn. She looks amazing tonight." Minnie said as her eyes on Shuhua.

"I can't even get jealous right now because I agree." Miyeon said.

The two women walked towards the stage directly, Ms. Yeh went up while Shuhua only stays at the corner looking at her aunt. 

"Hello and good evening, my lovely students." Ms. Yeh started her greeting and smiled.

"I would like to thank you for coming and make this party works as usual. I can see that everyone is looking good tonight." She compliment her students and chuckled when she heard some playful students shouted that she looks pretty tonight and ask her to be their partner.

"Unfortunately, I am planning to go solo tonight. I need to enjoy my freedom too." She grinned and winked causing the students to squeal.

"Ah. What a flirt." Shuhua whispered and shakes her head but chuckled, knowing she's the same too.

"Well. As you can see, I'm coming with someone. I want to introduce you, my niece, Yeh Shuhua." Ms. Yeh said and pointed at Shuhua. Shuhua turned to the crowds and bowed politely.

"She will be here with us tonight as she is one of the students under our college too but she's been taking online classes only, that's why you never see her." Ms. Yeh explained and she talked for some more time before she wish everyone will have fun and enjoy the party. She excused herself after that and told everyone to start having fun.

"So, who will be the lucky one tonight?" She asked once she's standing beside Shuhua.

"I think I'll go solo like you." Shuhua said.

"Hey come on. I want you to have fun. At least, this one time. Please?" Sunmi looked at her with pleading eyes.

"I'll try." Shuhua sighed.

"That's good enough. Now go have fun. I'll be with the other lecturers, just find me if anything."

"Yeah ok."

Sunmi hugged and kissed Shuhua's cheek before she walked away. 

"That's cute."

Shuhua glared at Tzuyu who just approached her with a teasing smile. She knows how Shuhua always avoid her aunt affection but ever since she started to open up already, her aunt never waste her chance to show as much affection for Shuhua. 

"So, where is your date?" Shuhua asked.

"She is somewhere near, probably being jealous again seeing me with someone as beautiful as you." Tzuyu laughed.

"You're so mean. Come on, let's go to her. And you still need to introduce me to her properly. Please, I don't want your future girlfriend hate me." Shuhua said.

Tzuyu nodded and asked Shuhua to follow her. Shuhua is aware of many eyes on her ever since she entered but she couldn't be bothered so much by it. 

"Hi Sana, my pretty date." Tzuyu said as soon as they approached a group of girls and Tzuyu hugged the Sana girl. She blushed but pecked Tzuyu's cheek.

"So, this is Sana, my date. And babe, this is Shuhua, my childhood friend and yes she is Ms. Yeh's niece." Tzuyu introduced them to each other.

They bowed to each other and Shuhua smiled at Sana who looks like being careful around her.

"Hello there. Don't worry about me too much ok? There's no way I'm falling for your crush here because Tzuyu is totally not my type at all and I got my eyes on someone else already." Shuhua said with her innocent face causing Tzuyu's and Sana's friends there to laugh.

"Ah. Ok, Shuhua. I hope we can be friends then?" Sana asked her adorably. Shuhua chuckled and nodded her head. Tzuyu smiled seeing their interaction then proceed to introduce her other friends to Shuhua.

Everyone envy seeing the girls getting along with Shuhua and even surprised that Tzuyu know Shuhua.

While on the other hand, Soojin couldn't take her eyes off of Shuhua. She can't deny that she actually missed seeing her and now that she finally able to see Shuhua, she feel glad. Hui cleared his throat when Soojin doesn't pay attention to him at all. 

"Do you want to dance?"

"..."

"Soojin?"

Yuqi sighed while Soyeon just watching. Miyeon and Minnie nudged Soojin to get her attention. 

"Hui asked you to dance." They said and give signal to Soojin with their eyes saying 'go dance with him one time then you can escape from him.'

Soojin looked at Hui and only shrugged her shoulders. 

"Ok." She said. Hui then smiled widely and take her hand as they went to the middle area to join other students dancing.

"I'm sorry to say this but those two shouldn't really be partners. It's so frustrating to see." Soyeon commented.

"Don't worry. Soojin will leave him after the dance." Yuqi said with confidence.

"Yeah. We know her too well. She wouldn't be able to stay with someone who's making her bored." Minnie said.

Just then, Shuhua approached them and put her hand on Soyeon's shoulder.

Soyeon's smile widened immediately as soon as she saw Shuhua, she hugged her and pulled her closer.

"Hi girls." Shuhua waved at them all which they returned back.

"Long time no see, Shuhua." Yuqi said.

"Why? Miss me?" Shuhua asked innocently which makes the girls to be taken aback. Soyeon pinched Shuhua's cheek playfully.

"I know Soojin is not available for you to flirt with right now but Yuqi is with me." Soyeon said. Shuhua just grinned and salute.

"Yes ma'am." She said.

Minnie and Miyeon can't help but to squeal at Shuhua's cuteness. Can't blame them. From the start, the two of them really like Shuhua as she is their favourite regular customer.

"So, you are not going to drop by the cafe anymore?" Yuqi asked.

"Not sure, unless if I can be friends with you guys then maybe yeah." Shuhua said.

"Oh my god we would love to be your friends!" Minnie and Miyeon quickly told her.

"Then, friends?" Shuhua asked and offered a handshake which the two of them ignored and hugged her immediately. Soyeon only laughed seeing them excited to be Shuhua's friends while Yuqi just keep watching.

"Yuqi ya, you don't want to be my friend is it?" Shuhua squinted her eyes on her.

"I thought all this time we are friends already. I'm the one who talked to you alot whenever you dropped by the cafe, remember?" Yuqi rolled her eyes but then hugged Shuhua shoulder.

"Yeah yeah. Let's officially become friends now." She said.

'This is so random. How did they become so close like a long lost friend already.' Soyeon thought as she looked at them talking happily with each other.

Just then, Shuhua suddenly remembered. The reason why she wanted to be there in the first place. So she turned her head to look at the dance floor. 

Like a fate, her eyes met with Soojin's eyes instantly. The world seemed to stop as they forgot about everyone else. Shuhua's eyes were on fire as she returned back Soojin's intense sharp gaze on her. Those who were looking at them staring at each other could feel the tension.

"Soojin, do you... Want to go out for a date after tonight?"

Soojin heard Hui but her eyes still on Shuhua. 

"Hui. I think we're done here." Soojin said and looked at the confused Hui.

"I only agreed to be your partner for the party and nothing more. So I think we should stop here. Thank you though, for the dance." Soojin said politely before she pulled away from Hui.

"Let's enjoy the rest of the night with our friends specifically. I hope you understand my decision." Soojin said again before she left Hui there.

Shuhua smirked seeing Soojin is now finally approaching them. The girls were about to ask her about what had happened but Soojin only looked at Shuhua and asked "what?" to Shuhua when she reached them.

"Nothing. You look super attractive that I can't take my eyes off you." Shuhua answered directly and looked at Soojin from head to toe.

"And so?"

Shuhua raised her eyebrows when Soojin keep asking her like that. 

'Ah. This woman.'

"What?" Shuhua asked while smirking.

"What do you want from me?"

"I got what I want from you already." Shuhua said.

"Huh?"

"I want your attention and I got it." Shuhua winked.

Soojin blushed and looked at her friends who have been watching her and Shuhua. 

"But I have something else that I want too." Shuhua said so she looked at her again.

Shuhua faced her properly and stepped closer as she leaned into her ear.

"I want your heart, so you have two options now. You can just ignore me then I'll understand it as your rejection or you can kiss my cheek now as a sign that you said yes to me, then I'll try to court you properly and bring you out for a date." Shuhua whispered.

Shuhua giggled and was about to step back when Soojin grabbed her arm as she turned her head slightly just to put a soft and gentle kiss on Shuhua's cheek. 

Shuhua widened her eyes and jumped back immediately after what Soojin did. The girls and people who were watching the whole thing was shocked as well.

"Woah. Seo Soojin. I am not prepared for that!" Shuhua whined. Soojin rolled her eyes and crossed her arms.

"I am only giving you my answer. You better start doing what you said you will do 5 minutes from now." Soojin said as she then walked away.

"Soyeon unnie. Did you see that? Did you hear that? I am not imagining things right?" Shuhua asked Soyeon and Soyeon only chuckled.

"Yes Shu. So you better go chase after her before you will lose your chance for real now." Soyeon said and nodded at Soojin who's walking out already.

"Oh ! Jinjin ahhhhh!!! Wait for meeeeee!" Shuhua's loud voice echoed throughout the hall as she can be seen running after Soojin, doesn't even care about her image as she struggled with her long dress and her heels.

The scene was touching but funny at the same time. Yeh Sunmi witnessed it all, she is happy for Shuhua and this time hope Soojin will always be there with Shuhua through everything because she know, she will lose the light in Shuhua's eyes if ever Soojin leave her. She can feel that Soojin is Shuhua's last treasure in life.

'And I will protect them at all costs.'

While Soojin, she heard Shuhua calling out her cute nickname that Shuhua gave to her. 

"Jin aaaahhhhh!"

For the first time, she feels what it feels like to be in love. Thus, a genuine smile finally appeared on her face. 

"Life will be full of colours now." She whispered to herself.

 

 

The end.