Ten (One Shot)

It's always Sooshu

What is love?

Seo Soojin has been asking herself the same thing since she starts to know about love and relationship. She never understands how people falls in love easily and going in and out of relationships so quickly. She can't find herself to be in that situation no matter how many people are trying to attract her attention. 

People said she's heartless but it does not make her feel anything towards the comment. She just really does not feel anything. Her parents are worried about her cold heart that they asked her to meet more people. 

The thing is, she is very limited when it comes to making friends. Main reason is because to her, it is not necessary to have so many people in her life to keep going. She keeps a small circle but it's enough for her. They are enough for her. 

Her best friend, Soyeon have been the most loyal friend to her. Her other friends, Minnie and Miyeon, the lovebirds care for her just as much as Soyeon does. Her parents are the most understanding family ever and she wouldn't ask for anything else. 

She is happy with her life and keeping small company around her. She does not feels like she would need anyone else in her life, not even a lover. She is just happy the way she is. Though she cannot escape from being flirted on or being courted by some of her admirers who just wouldn't stop trying to get her attention. 

"Hey Soojin" 

Soojin looks up from her Ipad to see Hui, a guy who have been trying to court her even after she had rejected him approached her at the lobby of the hotel she is staying. 

"Didn't know you will be here too. You're invited to the event by Cube Company?" He asked. 

Soojin only nodded then looked down on her Ipad again, reading some emails. 

Hui just smiles and hesitate if he should sit down with her or not but seeing Soojin does not look like she wants to talk to anyone, he decided to excuse himself. 

Just then, Soojin's attention got distracted when she heard a loud whining voice and a smell of peaches entered her nose. She looks up and saw two women walking in, looking classy and beautiful. She ignores the one who's whining but keeps her eyes on the other woman who just listened to the former with her bored face. 

They went to the reception, the black hair woman is talking to the receptionist while the blonde girl still whining in frustration. After a while, the black hair woman turned to lean her back against the reception counter and folded her arms. 

Soojin saw her rolling her eyes before she shakes her head. Then, suddenly their eyes met when she looks around and found Soojin's staring eyes. 

It's like their stare pulls each other and they couldn't find themselves to break the staring contest. They keep staring at each other with no expression but Soojin knows something in her heart move for the first time ever. 

They only stopped the staring when the receptionist calls for the woman's attention. Soojin looks down again on her Ipad but now her mind is filled with a sight of the woman's staring eyes. 

When Soojin heard steps, she looks up again and saw the woman walking with the blonde girl towards the elevators. 

 

 

... 

 

 

"You've been gone for 2 months for business matters in Taiwan, then we heard a rumour that Hui follows you there. You should thank us for clearing up the rumour of you being with him together" 

Soojin heard her best friend, Soyeon said. 

"Mm thank you" Soojin said calmly as she closed her eyes. 

"He's persistent" Minnie said while munching a snack. 

"More like annoying" Miyeon comments. 

"Minnie unnie, I thought you'll reserve the whole resort for us" Soojin muttered while still closing her eyes. 

They are now at Minnie's resort in Thailand, chilling by the swimming pool on the pool lounge chairs as the girls wanted to go for a swim. 

"Well, I planned to but I only accepted our vips to check in so don't worry" Minnie explained. 

When they see Soojin is more interested in resting and taking a nap, they just left her there and went to swim without her. 

After some time, Soojin's rest got interrupted by the same scent she had smelled two months ago. She opened her eyes and look on her right to see the same black hair woman approaching her with the blonde girl beside her.

"I'll go first!" The blonde girl said excitedly before running towards the pool leaving the black hair woman alone.

When she feels that Soojin's staring, she turned to look at Soojin. Soojin can see that she looks surprised to see Soojin. Soojin doesn't know why but she finds it hard not to stare at the woman. 

The woman walks slowly to approach her and gives a small smile. 

"May I sit here?" She asked as she gestured towards the empty chair on Soojin's right.

"Sure" Soojin replied in a low voice.

"We have met before, right?" She asked Soojin as she keeps staring back at Soojin.

"At the Grand City hotel, in Taiwan" Soojin answered honestly.

"Ah. I'm right then. It's you" She smiles.

"I'm Yeh Shuhua, a Taiwanese but I can speak in Korean too" She said, introducing herself.

"Oh. No wonder. I'm Seo Soojin, Korean"

"I know" Shuhua giggled.

"I've read about you actually. You were featured in Women Magazine as the successful young businesswoman in early 20's" Shuhua said.

"Ah. Yeah. Didn't know anyone would recognise me" Soojin said and looks to the front, still laying comfortably on her chair with arms crossed.

"Everyone does, I think. Just not everyone dares to approach you except for the persistent guy named Hui"

Soojin looks back at Shuhua with her calm surprised face.

"Rumours. I've witnessed it a few times too" Shuhua said again.

"Are you sure you're not my stalker?" Soojin asked.

Shuhua just laughed and shakes her head. 

"I'm a businesswoman myself and was busy to even stalk anyone. But let's just say I'm a fan and I keep up to date about a successful woman like you. I also saw you few times but never get to talk to you" Shuhua answered.

"Hmm" Soojin hummed and looks at Shuhua with unreadable expression but it actually attracts Shuhua more as she wants to get to know Soojin.

"Yeh Shuhua! Stop flirting and come swim with me!"

Shuhua rolled her eyes when she heard the blonde girl's loud voice calling for her.

"That's my loud childhood best friend, Song Yuqi" Shuhua sighed.

"Seems like you're a flirt" Soojin mumbled.

"I am not. I'm just a friendly person. I wouldn't say that me talking to anyone kindly as flirting. I wouldn't do that if I'm really interested in a person" Shuhua said.

"Is it?" Soojin asked, doubting her a little.

"Yes. Because if I were to flirt, I like to be bold"

"Oh. Bold is good"

"Right? Are you bold?"

"I don't know. Never really like anyone"

"Can that change though?"

"I don't know"

"Interesting"

"What?"

"You"

"Me?"

"Yes, you"

"What about me?"

"You're interesting. I think I might like you"

Soojin raised her eyebrows. 

"You think you might?"

"Yep"

"That's a first. Usually people confess that they really like me"

Shuhua chuckles at Soojin's honesty. 

"I kind of expect that from you. I mean, have you seen yourself?"

"Are you flirting now? Is this you being bold?" Soojin asked, somehow feeling amused with Shuhua's way with her.

"Mm you can say that. Like I said, I might like you. I'm one who wouldn't let myself fall if it's one sided" Shuhua said.

"I thought human can't control how we feel?"

"We can't, but we can not to act on our feelings"

"That's complicated" Soojin mumbled.

"It is. Feelings are complicated sometimes" Shuhua smiles.

They looks at each other again, they were not sure where this conversation brings them and what is the conclusion of this topic. But one thing for sure, for the first time ever, someone managed to keep Soojin stays in a long conversation other than with her friends.

 

 

...

 

 

It as the same boring party that Soojin's cousin likes to throw every weekend. This time, her cousin managed to make her leave her office or her home to come to the party by bribing her friends. Thus, the result of Soojin appearing there for being worried about her friends yet her appearance causing uproar among the guests there. 

"I hate you guys" Soojin hissed. She keep her cold face, arms and legs crossed as she sits in the middle of the long curve couch while her friends just laughed at her.

"You don't expect us to turn down your cousin's offer for a 50% discount on food at her cafe and free of charge for refills on drinks there" Minnie said while Miyeon just nodded her head in agreement.

"It's for a period of one year, Soojin. That's enough to make me say yes too" Soyeon said when Soojin looked at her.

"Unbelievable" Soojin grumbled.

"Hey girls!" And that's the cousin, Sinb.

"I'm glad you guys came. Really glad to see my beautiful cousin too" She grinned while the rest just chuckles.

Soojin takes a deep breath as she closed her eyes. She tried to not gets annoyed with her cousin.

"Oh ya, I heard you got yourself a new admirer. A bold one I must say" Sinb said.

"Ooohhh. Who is this person?" Minnie asked curiously.

"A beautiful Taiwanese heiress" Sinb said then looks at Soojin.

"Who?" Soojin asked.

Sinb smirked then walked towards the stairs, they are at he first floor of the club. 

"That goddess over there, Yeh Shuhua"

As soon as Sinb mentioned the name, Soojin's heart did the same movement inside. 

"Brace yourself. She's coming" Sinb said then tried to pretend looking elsewhere while trying to keep her eyes on Shuhua who's going up the stairs.

Soojin's eyes landed on Shuhua's figure as soon as she stepped on the last step of the stairs. Shuhua walks calmly, looking oh so beautiful while she runs her fingers through her hair as she fixed them casually.

When Shuhua's look around, her eyes met with Soojin's eyes and the aura around them change instantly. Everyone can feel the tension between the two of them as soon as they held an eyecontacts. 

Shuhua, who noticed Soojin is with her friends just give her a small smile before continues walking towards two tables away from Soojin to greet some people she knows. 

Soojin sit up straight to grab a wine before sipping it slowly while her eyes glancing secretly towards Shuhua who were laughing with a group of people she is with. 

Sinb smirked seeing how Soojin is now showing attention and interest for the first time in her whole life. 

"I see that somebody finally caught your attention. Time to give some push here" Sinb muttered to herself before going down to go to the DJ.

Just then, Soojin received a text so she checked her phone.

 

Cousin. Remember the arrange marriage you want to avoid so bad? It's time to make your own move now. And remember when I said this song is your song. Claim it. You can thank me later

Sinb 12:24am.

 

Right after reading that, a loud booming music stopped abruptly causing everyone especially those who were enjoying on the dance floor to groan and yell out protests.

However, it doesn't last long as in less than a minute, a new song is playing. Loud and clear, making everyone cooed in interest with the choice of song. 

"Trampoline" Soojin mumbled.

She then chuckled and glanced back at Shuhua who's too occupied with some girls around her now. She can see that one of them tried hard to get Shuhua's attention.

Soojin's eyes then changes. Her desire, her determination, her want, anyone can see it all in her eyes. She stands up, taking her time as she walks to the dance floor. Everyone makes way for her and let her take the center of the dance floor. 

She smirked before she starts to move her body seductively with her amazing dance movement, following the rhythm of the song elegantly. She closed her eyes and just feeling herself while she dance.

Everyone was awestruck watching her. They didn't dare to get closer or to disturb her but she makes it hard for everyone to keep their hands to themselves as Soojin looks very attractive and seductive. It's like she's putting a spell on everyone to not be able to resist her charms. 

Before anyone could get closer or touch her, someone beats everyone to it.

Soojin's eyes shot opened as soon as she felt warm hands on her waist. Her eyes staring directly into Shuhua's eyes. Soojin can see the same fire in her eyes as hers. And right on cue, the song's finished.

Other song played right after, Sweat by Cash Cash feat Jenna Andrews.

The song's beats in the beginning matches with Soojin's and Shuhua's heartbeat. Loud and pounding. 

"Dance with me" Shuhua whispered for her to hear.

Shuhua slide through her arm around Soojin's waist to pull her closer and Soojin can see a glint of raging fire in her eyes. Soojin smirked then reached up wrapped her arms around Shuhua's neck. They dance while keeping their eyes on each other. They're ignoring the rhythm of the song by now as they're trying to speak through their eyes.

While everyone around them dancing wildly, they keep their hands steady on each other and never break their eyecontacts.

"Why did you come here to dance?" Shuhua asked.

"To get someone's attention"

"Was it a success then?"

"Mm. Seeing how your hands wrapped around me now, yes"

Shuhua raised her eyebrows and chuckled, understand of what Soojin meant. 

"Ah. I see. You know you got my attention right from the start already, without even the need to dance" Shuhua said.

"I know" Soojin answered with confidence.

Shuhua smiled and caressed Soojin's waist lovingly. 

"You're the only one who stands out in my eyes. How can I not notice you" Shuhua said.

"Just want to confirm it" Soojin replied.

"Shall we go somewhere?" Shuhua asked as she pulled Soojin more into her and their lips almost touch.

"Like where?" Soojin asked in a whisper, looking down on Shuhua's lips.

"Anywhere that I can kiss you. Privately. Without cameras taking our shots secretly" Shuhua said honestly.

Soojin then glanced around and noticed a paparazzi. She then looked back at Shuhua who's still staring at her.

 

 

... 

 

 

​​​​​​Breaking News! 

Seo Soojin was seen in a Golden Club for a party thrown by her cousin Hwang Eunbi or known as Sinb. She was spotted being intimated with Yeh Shuhua, A Taiwanese Heiress. 

 

Soojin turned off the tv and put her phone in silent as she began to prepare breakfast. She's just wearing a big size of white shirt with a black shorts on. She's humming a random song as she prepares the breakfast. 

"This is such a new sight from you"

Soojin glanced over her shoulder and just smiled before focusing back on her cooking. 

"Good morning, sleeping beauty" Soojin said softly.

Soojin felts the same warm arms wrapped around her waist. 

"Good morning" Shuhua mumbled sleepily. Soojin just keep smiling, letting Shuhua rest on her back.

"Smells good" Shuhua commented.

Soojin turned off the stove before turning around and pecked Shuhua's lips. Shuhua's smile shine through her face because of that. 

"So you do like my kiss" Shuhua giggled.

"Mhm"

Soojin let herself being pulled by Shuhua as Shuhua kissed her more. Soojin smiled through their kiss and put her arms around Shuhua. 

What is love again? Soojin still doesn't understand but right now, she is willing to learn about it. Of course, with Shuhua who will guide her through it all.

If love is what she is feeling currently with Shuhua, then she would not hesitate to continue exploring. It is a beautiful feeling and she's liking all the feelings that Shuhua makes her feel. It's the start of something new for her.

 

The End.