Eleven (part 3 - Final)

It's always Sooshu

While they're on their way, King Daeho suddenly slowed down so the others followed him. 

"Shuhua"

Shuhua looked at King Daeho who's already looking at her.

"Whatever happens, make sure to put yourself first and me as second priority"

"But-"

"I know its your mission to make sure I'm safe but Shuhua, I saw one thing before we left earlier. The sparks in my daughter's eyes when you came. How her eyes light up as she's staring at you. I've never seen her looking at someone with such adoration in her eyes and I would do anything to keep that look in her eyes"

"I didn't-"

"I know. You may not notice it. As her father, I know my daughter well. She's starting to warm up to you already, I know it. Don't waste this opportunity. Now I want you to go back-"

"What? No, Uncle I can't" Shuhua frowned.

"It's alright. You can go back and call for more troops to rescue us if things go sideway. Please, Shuhua. This is my wish"

Shuhua sighed and looked at their troops.

"Only if you let my troop be with you" Shuhua said.

King Daeho looked at Shuhua's troop. They're quite a lot and enough to back them up.

"Would that be alright?" King Daeho asked.

"Yes, of course"

"Then ok. They can still come with us but I need you to go back"

"Ok uncle. Please take care"

"I will. Don't worry. Alright?"

King Daeho smiled and nodded at Shuhua before bidding her goodbye and went along with their troops leaving Shuhua alone behind. Shuhua still looking at their back view who were getting far from her with concern.

She sighed as she turned around with her horse. Riding slowly, with her mind full with thoughts.

 

 

... 

 

 

"So, what did my sister write for you?" Yuqi asked Soojin while grinning teasingly at her. 

"Why would you want to know?" Soojin asked her back. 

"Oh come on. I'm curious here" 

"You can ask her yourself" 

"Soojiiiin! Come on. We're friends!" 

"And so?" 

"Friends share secrets!" 

"Mhm. But I don't" 

Yuqi gasped and clutches her chest dramatically while faking a cry. Soojin just rolled her eyes and walked ahead. Soyeon who saw Yuqi like that just shakes her head. 

"Oh, not you too Miss Jeon" Yuqi suddenly stopped her acting as she grabbed Soyeon's wrist. 

Soojin turned her head to watch them and stopped walking too. 

"Pardon, Princess Yuqi. I need to Princess Soojin" 

"Hm. This is not right" 

"I'm sorry?" 

"Call me Yuqi. Just Yuqi" 

"I can't do that" 

"This is my command as Yeh's Princess. Do you dare to say no?" 

Soyeon frowned and looked at Soojin for help. 

"You're going to put her in trouble, Yuqi" Soojin said. 

"What? By calling my name?" 

"You're a princess" 

"And I ordered her to call me Yuqi" 

Yuqi chuckled before pulling Soyeon closer by her waist. Soojin squinted her eyes, suddenly remembering the moment when Shuhua did the same thing to her last time. 

"This Yeh Princesses really like to flirt like this huh" Soojin mumbled to herself. 

"It's ok if you don't want to but one day, I'll make sure you'll be calling me with an endearment. That is when I'll finally make you mine. Alright, Soyeon sshi?" Yuqi winked before she finally skipped away happily, leaving Soyeon to let out a heavy sigh. 

Just then, they heard a commotion around the entrance and so everyone rushing there. 

"What's the matter?" Queen Jinhee asked in worried. A wounded soldier kneel down with tears in his eyes. 

"My Queen. Baek Kingdom has successfully trapped us. They are not going for a small war. We're surrounded. Baek Kingdom is sending a whole troops to defeat us! We need a bigger defence, if not, there's no hope" He cried. 

Yuqi stood frozen on her position as she heard him. She clenched her fist and shared an eye contact with her royal guard, Lucas. Lucas nodded his head once before he disappeared. Yuqi never leave Shuhua without her own back up, she has prepared her own troops that will be led by Lucas under her command. 

"I will go" General Hui appreared and kneel beside the wounded soldier. 

"I will go with my troops" He added. 

"Go, General Hui. You need to save the King" Queen Jinhee said. 

"I'll give my all" General Hui bowed then left quickly to get ready. 

Queen Jinhee then hold Soojin's hand. She saw how stressful Soojin is even though she's still trying to keep her poker face. 

"What about your sister, Yuqi?" Soojin asked. 

Yuqi never move from her position, standing still with her eyes on the gate. 

"She'll be fine. She promised me" Yuqi answered with no hesitation. 

"And Lucas will bring her back. I believe in them" Yuqi whispered to herself. 

Soyeon actually noticed Yuqi's signal with Lucas and she figured that Yuqi is worried for Shuhua's safety. She hope that she can comfort her but she knows her place so she just keep looking at Yuqi, hoping for everyone's safety as well. 

 

While on the other hand, King Daeho didn't expect that they'll get ambushed by more of Baek Kingdom's troops. He was about to win the war when the small troop from Baek Kingdom was struggling to fight against them when suddenly more army attacking them, cornering them closely. 

"We will fight! Until the end!" King Daeho yelled then continues fighting with his sword. 

"Hello, King Daeho"

King Daeho stopped as he is now face to face with Baek Kingdom's troop leader.

"So I heard about you being the greatest. We've finally met. I am the unbreakable warrior from Baek Kingdom, leader of the war and defence, I'm going to prove myself again, by killing the great King Seo Daeho"

"You can try" King Daeho replied before he run towards him to attack. 

The fight was intense, for the first time ever, King Daeho finally found someone who's at his level. The man is strong and have a lot of skills with swords. 

"Argh!" King Daeho groaned when he fell on his front, his face bumped harshly against the ground with a sword being pointed towards his neck now. 

"It has been a great battle with you. Its an honour but now, its time to end this" 

King Daeho closed his eyes, accepting his defeat but he doesn't feel anything and heard the man cried in pain. So he opened his eyes to see the sword falling beside him, an arrow was shot directly on the man's right arm that's holding his sword just now. 

King Daeho turned his head and saw Shuhua riding her horse perfectly with her hands still holding her archer after shooting the man. Shuhua then put it back on her back before riding her horse faster, she take out both her swords and didn't waste time to kill him in a split of second. 

"Woah" King Daeho looked at Shuhua's face and couldn't help but to be impressed by her once again. 

"Now I know why your father really trust you" King Daeho whispered. 

"You ok, uncle?" Shuhua asked and went down from her horse. 

"I'm good. But I didn't get to save my horse" King Daeho sighed. 

Shuhua nodded and patted her horse. 

"You may ride mine" Shuhua said. 

"What?" 

"I promised your daughter that I'll make sure to bring you back home safe and sound, Uncle. That promise brings me back here" Shuhua smiled. 

"Now uncle, please use my horse and go back to your kingdom" 

"But-" 

"You're injured. I can't let you fight anymore" 

"How about you?" 

"I'm Yeh Shuhua. I'll be fine" Shuhua winked. 

King Daeho chuckled and nodded his head. Shuhua quickly helped him up on her horse. She looked around before looking back at him. 

"Now uncle, don't get lost. You have one new mission now. To go home safely and make sure my horse is safe and sound too" Shuhua said. 

"Hahahaha you're cute. Ok. I'll do that. Thank you. Please be safe too" 

"Mm" 

Shuhua then hit her hand on her horse as she shouted "Go!". King Daeho hold on tight to her horse as the horse speed up, leaving the battle with King Daeho. 

"Now now, where are you, Prince Baekhyun?" Shuhua whispered and started to fight against the enemies. While doing that, she caught someone with a mask on so she made her way towards the person while fighting whoever tried to stop her. 

"Found you" Shuhua said and pointed her sword towards the back of the masked man. 

"Ah. I got caught" He chuckled darkly before turning around slowly. 

"I was about to leave when I saw you've killed our greatest guy. I didn't know King Daeho will ask for a help from The Yeh" He said. He smiled then takes off his mask. He winked at Shuhua and smirked. 

"It's a pleasure to finally see you in person, Princess Yeh Shuhua. I heard you're good" 

"Well. I don't see where's the pleasure here, Prince Baekhyun" 

Baekhyun laughed out loud and tightening his hold on his sword before stepping closer towards Shuhua. 

"It'll be a pleasure to me to be the one who'll kill you" He mumbled before he screamed as he charged towards Shuhua. Shuhua put up a strong defense to avoid Baekhyun's advance as best as she could. 

"Your troops are losing! You'll lose!" Baekhyun yelled as he kept trying to attack Shuhua. 

"I'm Prince Baekhyun! No one wins against me!" 

Shuhua rolled her eyes and decided to fight forward against him this time instead of trying to avoid his attacks. 

She hissed when Baekhyun's sword grazed against her left waist. But she saw that her troops and Seo's troops are slowly winning. 

'I can't lose. Never' She thought. 

She ignored the pain and charged forward again, this time Baekhyun's sword grazed her right cheek and managed to stab her left thigh but before he get to stab deeper, Shuhua kicked him hard making him stumbled backward with the sword. 

Shuhua groaned but ignored the pain again and fixing her hold on her sword. 

"I'm done playing around" She muttered and running fast towards Baekhyun as she do a tornado jump before flying a kick on his face then stabbing both his thighs without mercy and pressed her sword on his chest with her feet stepping on his non injured hand. 

"Argh!" He groaned and glared at Shuhua. 

"You forgot who I am. I am Yeh Shuhua, The Yeh's divine warrior and I... Never lose" Shuhua smirked then didn't wait for Baekhyun to say anything else as she stabbed his heart without thinking. 

She withdraw her sword and the blood oozing out. Shuhua sighed tiredly as she saw the war has not finished yet but then her eyes squinted a little and a smile appeared on her face when she saw more back up coming through. 

"Ah. Yuqi" She chuckled.

From her blurred vision, she saw Lucas coming towards her riding his horse the fastest he had been. Shuhua sighed one more time before closing her eyes, letting her body to finally surrender to all the pain. 

Lucas managed to grab her and pulled her up on his horse before she fainted. He fixed her position properly before checking her face. 

"I got you, Princess Shuhua. And I'm bringing you back now" Lucas said when Shuhua's eyes still opened a little. With that, Shuhua out completely. 

Just then, General Hui has arrived too with his troop. He saw Lucas with Shuhua. 

"Go. She need to be healed" Hui told Lucas. 

"Thank you" 

Lucas left his troop to help the rest of the troops. Lucas turned his head one more time to make sure they're winning, once he saw General Hui is just as good, he focused to the front and trying to reach Seo Kingdom as fast as he could. 

 

 

... 

 

 

Soojin and Soyeon went back outside after checking on King Daeho's condition. He came back with Shuhua's horse, which meant one thing, Shuhua sacrifice herself to fight for him. 

Yuqi never budge from where she's standing after Lucas left to rescue Shuhua for her. Yuqi's eyes staring straight towards the gate, waiting patiently but anxiously for their return. 

"Yuqi" Soojin called for her as soon as she stands beside her with Soyeon behind. 

Just then Yuqi saw a sudden group of white pigeons flying through. Yuqi sighed and looked at Soojin. 

"Open the gate, Shuhua's here" 

Soojin was confused but still command the guard to open the gate. Yuqi stepped forward, and squinted her eyes as she saw Lucas riding his horse with Shuhua on his back. Yuqi saw Lucas throwing out a red sand from his pocket. 

"Medic! I need the medic to get ready!" Yuqi yelled and Soyeon immediately take charge to get the medic there. Yuqi take off her Princess thick coat attire that left her with her inner outfit, she folded her sleeve and tied her hair into a messybun. 

"Yuqi, what's going on?" Soojin asked worriedly. 

"Shuhua's injured, heavily" Yuqi said. 

Lucas stopped with a screeched, he jumped down with Shuhua and carried her towards Yuqi. 

"Bring her in" Soojin said and asked them to follow her fast. Soyeon has already waiting inside with all the equipment and medical staffs to help to attend to Shuhua. 

"I will go and check on General Hui and the rest" Lucas said, bowing first before he left again. 

Yuqi take over and leading in trying to save Shuhua. 

"Alright lil sis. I told you to not die on me. You better stay with us" Yuqi whispered and checked her cuts. 

Yuqi's eyes and hands tremble by the sight of Shuhua's wounds. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes. She tried to calm herself before she start doing her job. 

"She is the head of medical and healing division in Yeh Kingdom" Soyeon informed Soojin who looks confused. 

"She's the best in that field" Soyeon added. 

Soojin can only hope that Shuhua will get through it and Yuqi able to save her. They witnessed how serious Yuqi looks while trying to save Shuhua, its a rare sight honestly. They are used to a playful Yuqi. 

'Please stay with us, Princess Shuhua'

 

 

...

 

 

Birds chirping can be heard and the sunlight shining through the window as soon as Shuhua has opened her eyes. She blinked her eyes few more times before her vision finally became clear.

She tried to move but felt her body was all sore. She hissed when she felt the pain. She decided to just stay laying down as she doesn't have energy to get up yet.

"Where am I?" she asked herself.

Then she turned her head and saw Princess Soojin laying on her side, curling as she's facing Shuhua.

"Hmm" Shuhua raised her hand and use her fingers to gently caressing Soojin's cheek.

"Beautiful" Shuhua whispered.

Soojin stirred in her sleep and her eyebrows furrowed. Shuhua just continue to watch her and didn't bother to pull her hand away. She waited until Soojin finally opened her eyes.

"Oh. You're awake" Soojin mumbled.

"Oh my god. How are you feeling?" Soojin finally remembered that Shuhua was injured and quickly sit up to check on her. Shuhua just keep watching her being worried over her while smiling.

"Did you feel pain anywhere? Do you need anything? Water? I can get you a glass of water now. Hang on I-"

"Jin ah"

Shuhua quickly hold Soojin's hand to stop her for going anywhere.

"Yes? Just tell me, I'll try to help you" Soojin said in concerned.

Shuhua just chuckled and shakes her head.

"I'm ok. I'm alive. I'm stronger than you thought" Shuhua told her and laughed when Soojin rolled her eyes.

"But I do need something" Shuhua said.

"What is it?" Soojin asked and scooted closer.

"My answer, Jin ah"

"Huh?"

"I said, I want to marry you. Remember?"

"Oh"

Soojin cleared and sighed.

"You really have to ask that right away as soon as you're awake huh"

"I can't die peacefully not knowing what's your answer you know"

"Don't say that! You're here. Like you said, you're strong. You can't die on us" Soojin said, frowning.

"Ok ok. So, may I know your answer now?"

Soojin looked away while thinking before she looked back at Shuhua who never stopped looking. They keep staring at each other without saying anything but their hearts beating so fast. 

Soojin knows, no matter how much she wanted to deny it but she can't lie to herself. That Shuhua has caught her attention since day one. She just haven't realised that sooner.

Soojin then stands up and fixed Shuhua's hair while Shuhua's looking at her in confusion.

"I'm gonna go get a glass of water for you and called Yuqi to check on you" Soojin said.

Shuhua pouted and closed her eyes when Soojin walked to the door but before Soojin went out, she stopped and turned to look at Shuhua again.

"And Shuhua? I'll marry you once you have recovered from your injury"

Shuhua's eyes wide opened right away. She looked at the door but Soojin has left already. She grinned and and squealed but winced in pain immediately when she felt sharp pain all around her body due to her movement.

"Ow ow ow! Oh my god, she said yes! Yes!!! Ow!"

Soojin who actually stayed outside listened to her. She chuckled to herself hearing Shuhua.

"I said yes" She whispered before smiling as she walked to where Yuqi at.

 

 

The End.