Two (part 3)

It's always Sooshu

It was 2 months since Miyeon and Minnie came back from Japan. They never talked to Soojin about their meeting with Shuhua, especially the fact that Shuhua's in Seoul currently. Shuhua asked them not to tell her because she will only meet Soojin when she's ready.

Yuqi and Soyeon knows about it as Shuhua went to meet them a week after she reached Seoul. Yuqi was bawling her eyes while Soyeon bombarded her with questions but crying to see her again. Minnie and Miyeon got scolded by them for not telling them sooner about Shuhua. 

They had a dinner together in Yuqi's and Soyeon's apartment while catching up about each other. The friends were happy to have Shuhua back and they hope that they will get to spend more time together.

After settled down with moving into her new place and taking care of some stuff at work, Shuhua finally decided to agree meeting Soojin again.

So here she was at the regular cafe where they would spend time often in the past with Minnie and Miyeon. Yuqi and Soyeon went to fetch Soojin since Soojin actually declined to join the hang out because of feeling tired. 

"Are you sure you're ok?" Minnie asked Shuhua who's drinking her hot drinks calmly.

"It would be a lie to say that I'm not nervous. But I'm fine." Shuhua replied. She's sitting at the corner, beside Minnie who was sitting in between Shuhua and Miyeon.

"Oh there they are." Miyeon said.

They could see Yuqi was dragging a tired Soojin while Soyeon walked ahead of them, reaching their table first. 

Shuhua slowly lifted up her head and her eyes sparkles seeing Soojin again after so long. It was as if her world stopped spinning for a while but her heart was racing. It was just like when she first laid her eyes on her in the past, where she falls in love with her. And now, it happens all over again to her.

Soojin who finally noticed her presence suddenly stopped in track, her heart was hammering hard. She felt like her head was about to explode. 

Yuqi tugged her again and motioned her to sit. Soojin sit down slowly opposite to Shuhua.

"Ahem. Now that everybody is here, shall we order first?" Soyeon asked. They all just nodded.

Soojin kept glancing at Shuhua who's looking at the menu together with Minnie.

"Is she real?" Soojin asked Yuqi in a whisper. Yuqi looked at Soojin first before she looked at Shuhua.

"Shuhua, you're not a ghost right?" Yuqi asked Shuhua who looked back at her with confusion.

"Huh? Of course I'm not." Shuhua answered.

"Yeah. She's real." Yuqi told Soojin who went red because of embarrassed by Yuqi's innocent teasing. Soyeon and the rest just shake their head knowing how Yuqi is.

"Hi, Soojin unnie. I'm sorry for not greeting you earlier, I was thinking of what to say since it's been a long time." Shuhua finally talked to Soojin.

Soojin didn't reply back but she only looked at Shuhua, still couldn't believe that Shuhua is back.

Soyeon cleared before getting everyone's attention and decided to start ordering. The whole time, Soojin kept quiet as she listened to the girls talking to Shuhua. She heard everything, the girls explained when they met Shuhua again and Shuhua's been in Seoul for 2 months already.

Soojin was just trying to progress the update and take note. She wonder if Shuhua will be staying here for a long time or not. She's proud that Shuhua's now working as a fine woman. A very fine one. She's happy that Shuhua's doing well. She wanted to talk to her so bad but she's still feeling awkward and shy after what had happened between them. 

So Soojin only eat in silence, only nodding her head for questions asked to her. She still steal glances at Shuhua everytime and Shuhua noticed it.

"How was your new home, Shu?" Yuqi asked Shuhua. This time Soojin listen attentively and looked at Shuhua.

"It was good. I like it. Everything has been settled. I bought all that I need already." Shuhua said.

"It's near our home too. Then it'll be easy for us to drop by anytime." Miyeon said.

"Ah. That's the only bad thing about my new place." Shuhua sighed while Yuqi and Soyeon already laughed as Miyeon and Minnie yelled at her.

Soojin smiled a little seeing how Shuhua is still the same. When they finished eating, Minnie and Miyeon asked Shuhua if she want to just carpool with them since they're going to the same direction.

Before Shuhua get to answer, Soyeon cut her off. 

"I think Shuhua have something else to do." Soyeon said.

"Ah. Yeah. I need to talk to Soojin unnie first. You guys can go ahead." Shuhua said.

Soojin was surprised and looked at Shuhua. 

"We'll be going now. Update us later ok." Yuqi said and she squeezed Soojin's shoulder before she and the girls left them alone.

"Are you mad at me?" Shuhua asked carefully.

"What?"

"You're not talking the whole time."

"Oh. I... I was just still surprised to see you again."

"Ahhh."

Soojin looked at Shuhua. She had been longing to see her again. She wanted to hug her badly but she's scared Shuhua will push her away. After all, Shuhua was the one who left. 

"I'm sorry." Soojin whispered.

"Hm?"

"I'm sorry for hurting you alot. I didn't get to say sorry to you. I was selfish back then. I thought I was the only one who had a hard time that I forgot about your feelings." Soojin said and tears rolled down on her cheeks.

"Hey. I told you, it's not your fault. And it's ok, we're bound to get hurt in any relationship Soojin unnie." Shuhua said.

"You're forgiven even before I decided to leave." Shuhua said again.

"I came back because I heard everything from Miyeon unnie. I thought I told you not to blame yourself, unnie. You're making me feel sad and guilty now." Shuhua said.

Soojin sniffed and looked at Shuhua. 

"But you left because I hurt you." Soojin said.

"But I hurt you too. We hurt each other. So if you still want to blame then it's on both of us, not just you." Shuhua said.

"How are you still this kind after everything that had happened?"

Shuhua smiled. 

"Soojin unnie, it'll only hurt us more if we keep holding onto the past. It's better to let go of what had happened. I mean, we can't rewind the time. And how can I not be kind to you? It's not like you're a bad person. I still consider you as a part of my life."

"Shu..."

"So I'm thinking if we can be friends again?"

"Oh."

Soojin's hopeful eyes turned into a disappointment. Of course. Shuhua wouldn't ask to get back with her, would she? Soojin then thought, friends are good enough for now. As long as she get to still see Shuhua rather than nothing at all.

"Well, that if only it's ok with you." Shuhua said again. 

"Of course. Thank you, Shuhua."

"No. Thank you for not being mad at me."

"I'm in no place to get mad at all, Shuhua. I want to say thank you, for coming back. At least, I can apologise for everything."

"Unnie, there's no need to apologise. Let's put everything behind. It's time to move forward. Shall we?"

"Ok then."