Eight (part 5)

It's always Sooshu

Soojin dropped her bag on the couch before going to the kitchen to get a glass of water. She approached Soyeon who's busy trying to cook something for them. Yuqi and Soyeon had called them over for a dinner at their place. 

"What's with her?" Soojin asked.

Soyeon glanced at where Soojin's looking before focusing back on her cooking. Shuhua was laying down on Yuqi's laps staring blankly on the ceiling, ignoring how loud Minnie and Miyeon were with Yuqi. 

"Ah. She's feeling abit down"

"Why?"

"Tzuyu just broke things off with her earlier and she came here to whine at Yuqi saying something along the line 'I'm not that in love with her, at least, I think I'm not falling yet but why does it still hurt to see her leave'. Yeah, that."

"So no more Tzuyu?"

Soyeon looks at Soojin before shaking her head.

"What?" Soojin asked.

"I know you're happy about it. Don't even try to hide your smile"

Soojin rolled her eyes before finishing her drinks. 

"I'm not happy. Just glad that I can finally have 100% chance and at least I don't need to steal her from anyone. Save myself from being the bad guy here"

"Mhm. Whatever you say Seo"

"Yeah, whatever. Need help?" Soojin asked and already folding her sleeves.

"Sure. Thanks"

"No problem"

It took Soyeon and Soojin another half an hour to finish up preparing their dinner before they called the girls to eat. 

"Waaaahhhh it smells good" Minnie cooed and quickly take a seat after washing her hands.

Miyeon took a seat opposite her, Soojin chose the last seat on the left which gives Shuhua no other choice but to sit in between Soojin and Minnie. While at the other side, the position is Miyeon, Yuqi, Soyeon, with Soyeon facing Soojin.

"Thanks for the food guys! I'll eat well" Miyeon said.

"Let's eat" Soyeon said.

"So I heard Pentagon will release a new song soon" Yuqi said.

"Mhm, Hui came and let me listen to the demo last time. I told them to proceed" Soyeon replied.

"They'll release a single?" Miyeon asked.

"Yep" Soyeon nodded.

"The choreography will consist of having a female dance partner. So Hui had requested for someone to appear in their music video" Soyeon mentioned.

"Who will it be?" Minnie asked.

"it's either one of the dancers or one of our trainees but based on the feedback I'm getting from Soojin and Lia, the female trainees need more training"

"Yeah. I don't think it's a good idea to expose them this early" Soojin told Soyeon.

"Ok noted. One of the dancers then"

Soojin glanced at Shuhua and noticed she eats a lot and seemed to be hungry.

"Is it good?" Soojin asked her softly.

Shuhua just looked at her with her adorable wide eyes as she nodded her head, mouth was full with the food already. Soojin smiled and satisfied seeing Shuhua's enjoying the food.

 

 

... 

 

 

A week of avoiding Soojin, Shuhua's mind messed up which was the reason why she's in Yuqi's office now.

"So, are you done moping around?" Yuqi asked her while shaking her head seeing Shuhua laying lifelessly on her couch.

"I thought you didn't love her but why did it affect you this much?" Yuqi asked again.

"Maybe, I'm used to her presence in my life so I felt a little empty when she left" Shuhua answered.

"Of course you do. She used to bother you all the time and was too clingy" Yuqi groaned then she stopped when she looked at Shuhua who's pouting now.

"What now, Yeh?"

"I think I deserve this. I never appreciate her attention before"

"Yeah. Now what? You're going be like this until when?"

"I just felt guilty and sad you know. She was so good to me-"

"She wasn't. She was selfish ok. By how I see it, Soojin is the one who is good for you"

Shuhua looks up at Yuqi and sighed heavily. 

"I miss her"

"Who?"

"Soojin"

"Yeah then why are you avoiding her?"

"You know how I tried to put a wall between us before because I still respect Tzuyu-"

"Even when you're slowly falling for Soojin instead of Tzuyu. Uh huh, and?"

"So now I don't know what to do anymore. I have been pushing her everytime but at the same time, I want her to come to me. But I can't let that happen as I want to stay loyal to Tzuyu"

"Ok, first, you can't stay loyal to someone you don't love, Shu. Second, you want her and you know it. There's no more Tzuyu now, what's stopping you?"

"It hasn't been that long since things are over between me and Tzuyu. I can't just turn to her right away, how would she feel about it? I don't want her to think that she's just a replacement or something."

"Then now what?"

"I don't know"

"You better make up your mind fast. Soojin ain't going to wait for you forever- ok maybe she will, but her suitors won't waste a chance to get her"

"Her what?"

Yuqi rolled her eyes and sit down beside Shuhua who was already sitting up straight. 

"Well bestie, for your information, Soojin is our company's heartthrob here. Trainees are falling for her charms including one of the boys from the boy group. I heard he'll finally make a move to ask Soojin out" Yuqi told her.

"Soojin wouldn't just agree right?"

"I don't know. I'm not Soojin, I don't know what will be her answer"

"Ah I don't know anymore. Love is hard. Women are so complicated" Shuhua pouted and slumped herself down on the couch again.

"Well woman, you are complicated. You finally fall in love but you just wouldn't admit it"

"I'm not sure about it. You can't just say that I'm-"

"Oh, believe me. You are. I can see it right through you. You're in too deep already for a certain Seo. There's no use in denying. You're just not sure because this is your first time but I hope it won't be too late for you when you're sure about how you feel for her already"

Shuhua frowned and tried to think about what Yuqi had said to her.