Nine (One Shot)

It's always Sooshu

"So when are you going to introduce your girlfriend to us?"

"Right Shu, when? It has been a year already"

"Yeah. We've been dying in curiosity for too long already"

"How come we've never seen you with her? Hmm"

 

As her friends keep asking her about the same thing everyday, Shuhua just laughed it off and munched her food happily. She loves the look of her friends everytime this happens. 

"Sometimes I feel like I want to stalk you"

Shuhua rolled her eyes at her friend's comment. 

"Even if you try, you won't get anything Yuqi ya" Shuhua said.

"But why you don't want to expose your relationship? This is why your suitors wouldn't stop bothering you even if you've announced to everyone that you have a girlfriend already" Yuqi said while the others nodded in agreement.

"I have my own reasons ok"

Her friends sighed in frustration again when Shuhua still wouldn't tell them anything at all. Shuhua just grinned at them. 

"Oh look. Our university's heartthrob is here"

They heard student from two tables away from them. Now they all looked towards the entrance and saw Seo Soojin entering with her dance club members. 

Seo Soojin walking elegantly as usual, arms crossed and keep her poker face. She's ignoring all the eyes that were looking at her in admiration. She's literally the definition of a woman of everyone's crush and she knows it. She knows that everyone wants her but no one has ever managed to warm her cold heart.

"Damn, what a hottie" Yuqi mumbled.

"Her future lover would be proud to have her" Minnie said.

"Right. While her other admirers can only admire her from afar" Miyeon said.

"Just like our Shushu here" Soyeon said chuckling when Shuhua's eyes hasn't left Soojin's figure yet.

"Yah!" Yuqi throws a napkin at Shuhua who got startled and looked at her friends in confusion.

"Be loyal, won't you? You have a girlfriend already, in case you have forgotten about it" Yuqi hissed.

"You can't blame me Yuqi ya. It's Seo Soojin" Shuhua said dreamily and rested her chin on her palm as she stared at Soojin who sits with her friends few tables away from them.

While on the other table, Soojin's friends noticed Shuhua's eyes on Soojin. 

"Our favourite admirer of yours is staring. Again" Somi said.

"I am actually surprised she never approached you and tried to flirt with you like the other suitors" Moonbyul said.

"Yeah. I think she's the only one who doesn't dare to approach Soojin but she's not hiding the fact that she always have her eyes on Soojin here" Sinb said.

"Or maybe she knows she won't have a chance with our cold Soojin here?" Chungha asked while the others nodded their head.

"We're here to eat, so let's eat" Soojin said with a flat tone.

"But I'm confused though. Because I heard from Irene unnie that she got herself a girlfriend already a year ago" Seulgi speaks up this time.

"I heard about the rumours too but there's no evidence at all and her own suitors wouldn't believe her so that's why... This still happens" Sinb said as she pointed at Shuhua's direction.

Now they all see that one guy is trying to give her a single rose, being shy and all. 

"Poor him. He wouldn't get a chance even if Shuhua's really single" Somi said shaking her head.

"Why?" Chungha asked.

"Because everyone knows how gay that girl is. Shuhua loves girls too much to even look at the boys" Another friend of them said as she just joined their table.

"Where were you, Lisa?" They asked her.

"Kissing my girlfriend in classroom before I let her go have lunch with her friends" Lisa grinned and winked at her girlfriend who at the time was looking at her from the other table.

"Ohhh he got rejected"

They all turned their attention to Shuhua's table once again. They saw how the guy looked down but Shuhua smiled apologetically at him as she patted his arm and give him back the rose. The guy then left the scene slowly feeling sad by the rejection.

"Aside from our Soojin here, I'm actually looking forward who will be able to win Shuhua's heart. That girl is such a goddess. Anyone would be lucky to have her" Lisa said while her friends agreed as Soojin just keep quiet and glanced at Shuhua.

Just then they got distracted again hearing loud noises from Shuhua's table. They chuckled and enjoyed the scene.

"Ah. The reason why I love this University. That group always entertain me" Lisa grinned and they all agreed.

As at Shuhua's table, she's bickering with Yuqi. 

"What what?"

"You don't get to judge me when you yourself is the same too!" Shuhua glared at her but instead of looking scary, she's looking super cute to her friends right now especially when she's pouting while glaring.

"What me? Can't you see? I'm being obvious of how badly I want to be Soyeon's girlfriend here. It's just that this lady here always ignore me" Yuqi crossed her arms and side glared Soyeon who only smiled while shrugging her shoulders.

"You don't try hard enough Yuqi ya" Soyeon said.

"The audacity! Yah! I've been courting you since 2 months ago. What do you mean???" Yuqi whined.

"When will be a day where we can have lunch peacefully" Miyeon sighed.

"Never, Miyeonie" Minnie chuckled.

"Now that I realised. Instead of you guys always bother me with my love life. Why don't you all start to date each other and focus on each other?" Shuhua asked making them all looked at her.

"I mean, Yuqi here likes Soyeon unnie. Soyeon unnie can try and see if she can like her back. Then Minnie and Miyeon unnie can try date each other, you two actually look good together" Shuhua said, smiling innocently.

"You're lucky you're our precious maknae, if not-"

"I love you Soyeon unnie!!" Shuhua quickly went towards Soyeon making her stopped talking and hugged her tight. 

"Yaaaaahhh! I want your hug too!" Miyeon whined and tried to pull Shuhua's arm.

"Don't want!" Shuhua whined back and sticked out her tongue at Miyeon.

"We're lucky Shuhua always love to hug us" Yuqi said grinning.

"Right. Can't deny that we're Shuhua's favourite" Minnie smirked, teasing Miyeon who got annoyed.

"Ok baby Shu, you can sit now and continue your lunch" Soyeon said as she patted Shuhua's hand.

"Ok!" Shuhua said in a cute high pitch voice, causing everyone there who heard her to giggle at her cuteness.

 

While on the other hand, 

Soojin's friends keep squealing secretly at how cute Shuhua is. Soojin's lips twitched looking at the scene but she still keep quiet.

Just then Soojin felt a vibration from her phone so she took it out of her pocket to check the text. 

 

Eat well! xx

Unknown 12:05pm

 

Soojin ignored the text and put back her phone. 

 

 

... 

 

 

Shuhua kept yawning and dragging her feet lazily towards her locker. She had just finished studying in the library after her class earlier while her friends decided to go home to sleep. 

"Ack! Ow!" Shuhua rubbed her forehead when she opened her eyes and saw that she just bumped into an open locker of other student's who happened to be one of her classmate too.

"Aww look who's clumsy. Again."

"Shut up, Kino"

Kino just laughed at the annoyed Shuhua before he closed and locked his locker. 

"Come here" Kino pulled Shuhua closer and blow softly on her forehead before he caressed her head.

"Better now?" Kino asked, still smiling at her.

"Mm" Shuhua then opened her locker that's next to Kino's locker.

"You need to rest too you know" Kino said, crossing his arms as he leaned against the locker while looking at Shuhua who's putting back her books inside.

"I know but I still need to study" Shuhua sighed.

"I heard you had rejected football captain last week" Kino said.

"Mhm"

"I wonder, what's your ideal type?" Kino asked her.

Shuhua stops for a while and looks up as if thinking about the questions before she laughed. 

"I don't have any" She answered.

"No? Really?"

"Yep. Really"

Kino glanced at the dance club members who suddenly appeared, probably after practicing and now the empty hallway gets busy with their presence. Soojin and her friends were there as well. They all went towards their lockers while chatting as they settle their stuffs. 

"Let me see. Hm. I think your ideal type would be someone good looking, a caring one and umm... Someone who has a handsome smile-"

Kino paused when Shuhua suddenly laughed again. 

"Don't tell me you're describing yourself" Shuhua said.

"Am I now? Does that mean you agree that I'm good looking, caring and has a handsome smile?" Kino asked wiggling his eyebrows playfully at Shuhua.

"Kino?"

"Yep?"

"Go flirt with someone else"

Shuhua just laughed when Kino groaned playfully. She knows how playful he can get and she knows Kino doesn't have any sort of that feeling for her as they are just a very close friends. 

"Do you think I'm fit to be your friend's ideal type then?" Kino asked in a whisper as he leaned his face towards Shuhua.

"Um, which friend?" Shuhua asked then finally locked her locker as she's done sorting out her stuffs.

"Kim Minnie" Kino grinned.

Shuhua sighed and put her hands on Kino's shoulders looking at him seriously.

"Come here"

So Kino leaned closer so Shuhua can whisper into his ears. 

"I think she would rather choose me instead of you"

Shuhua then laughed out loud seeing Kino's dumbfounded reaction. 

"Yah!"

Shuhua has already walking away quickly when Kino tries to chase her. 

"Are they dating? But I thought she's with a girl?" One of the dance club members asked as the others also feeling confused.

"I'm going home" Soojin said and left without waiting for her friends.

As Soojin was walking alone, pretty far from the University already, she suddenly felt a presence behind her.

"I thought you're done with me" Soojin said. Then she felt the person moved to walk beside her. Soojin only glanced at her shortly.

"Never"

They just walked in silence but somehow, Soojin felt comfortable with her.

"You know, I've done all that I could. All that you've asked. It has been a year and I've proved myself to be very serious about you already as I keep rejecting everyone too and tells everyone that I'm taken"

"You know you can tell them it's a lie and accept whoever you like"

"Yes, I know Jin ah. But I can't, not when the only person I like is you"

Soojin stopped walking and looked at her.

"You're not going to stop, aren't you?"

"Nope! I've declared myself last time to you that me, Yeh Shuhua, will only look at you and I will only move on from you after you have finally got yourself someone you really love that's not me" Shuhua said happily but then she pouted and Soojin raised her eyebrows at the sudden change of mood.

"But can't it be me?" Shuhua asked.

Soojin keeps looking at her with her poker face while Shuhua blinked her eyes cutely. They stayed like that for a minute without words.

"Go home now, it's late" Soojin said and pointed at the other direction towards Shuhua's home.

"Ok. Byebye Jin!" Shuhua waved at her but Soojin has turned her back already and walking away. Shuhua sighed and pouted.

Just when she turned to walk home, she had received a text message so she checked it out.

 

Court me. Properly this time. Only then, I'll think about it. 

Jinjin 5:18pm

 

Shuhua widened her eyes then looked at Soojin's back that's already far from her. 

"THANK YOU JIN AH! I PROMISE I'LL DO MY BEST TO MAKE YOU FALL FOR ME!" Shuhua shouted loudly before skipping her ways to her home.

Soojin heard her shout and a small smile appeared on her face.

 

 

... 

 

 

Shuhua had been courting Soojin for 5 months already after Soojin agreed to let her try and see if she want to give her a chance or not. Shuhua had been doing everything she could in a secret as she keep it lowkey because she knows Soojin doesn't like to draw attention.

She had been sending flowers once a month for Soojin, be it at the university or at her home. She doesn't spend too much cash on trying to court Soojin, she had only bought flowers for her so far.

Shuhua never really tried to use money to win Soojin's heart like her other suitors. She send more of love letters even though Soojin never replied to any of it but at least, Soojin always let her know that she had received the letters and read it. 

Shuhua makes an excuse to stay longer in the library till the time when Soojin's done with her last class or practice so they can walk home together by the end of the day. 

Shuhua prepared an extra jacket when the weather gets cold and brought an umbrella to save them from the sudden rain. Its nothing much but all that Shuhua have been doing had actually impressed Soojin since none of her suitors ever done anything so genuinely for her like that.

Just like since the first day Shuhua had laid her eyes on Soojin, even until now, Soojin still makes Shuhua's head to turn to her whenever she's around and she always caught Shuhua staring at her and it makes Soojin's heart to pound hard and fast.

"Yeh Shuhua is staring again" Somi whispered when they were in the cafeteria.

Soojin looked up and her eyes met with Shuhua's eyes immediately. 

"And she's getting brave, she keep her stare. Unlike before, she'll look away and pretend that she's not staring when Soojin stare back at her" Chungha said.

Soojin broke her staring contest with Shuhua and let out a silent and breathy chuckle causing her friends to look at her.

"She's interesting" Soojin mumbled.

"Woah. Did I just hear you said that?" Lisa asked as she gasped with the others.

"Mm" Soojin only hummed and shrugged her shoulders.

"I approve! If you like her, I totally approve!" Lisa nodded her head vigorously.

"I don't need anyone's approval to like whoever I want" Soojin rolled her eyes.

"Well. Just saying that out of all your suitors, we like her better" Moonbyul said and earned support from the others.

"You guys are just being biased" Soojin replied.

"She's adorable and super kind! How can we not" Lisa said dramatically.

"Whatever" Soojin mumbled.

 

Yuqi sighed as she looked at the helpless Shuhua who still staring dreamily at Soojin. 

"Sometimes, just sometimes, I feel like covering your eyes with a blindfold" Yuqi said.

"That's... Wow" Minnie gasped.

"Yah! Don't think of anything weird" Yuqi hissed while Miyeon and Soyeon just laughed.

"How is she so attractive. I mean, sigh, she looks so perfect to me" Shuhua smiled and still staring at Soojin.

"Girl. You're hopeless. You need a doctor" Yuqi said.

"She just need a Seo Soojin then she'll be fine" Soyeon said.

"Uh huh. She's so fine. Totally fine" Shuhua mumbled while her friends groaned at her lovestruck face.

 

 

... 

 

 

"1 2 3 4! 1 2 3 4! Again! Back at 1!"

Soojin have been practicing hard for end of year's performance. They had been practicing for 3 hours now.

"Up! Up! And down! Yes! To the starting line! Again! 1 2 3 4! Yes! And... Done! Good job everyone!"

All the dancers flopped down on the floor, panting hard. They all couldn't hear whatever their instructor said or praised as they're busy taking a breath.

"Please kill me already" Lisa panted and closed her eyes.

"Beats me" Sinb mumbled.

The others just don't have energy to talk and still trying to catch their breath.

"Yayyy! Well done girls!"

They all looked at Ryujin who had just entered. 

"Done with your assignment?" Their instructor asked.

"Yes Ma'am! I'll definitely get an A. Thanks for letting me skip today's practice. I'll make it up to you" Ryujin said and grinning.

"Yeah ok. Glad you're happy. Alright that's it for today. I'll see you all next week"

The girls immediately groaned when the instructor left. 

"I can't feel my bones!" Lisa whined.

They all heard Ryujin laughed and snapped a picture of them laying lifelessly on the floor.

"This will be a good memory" Ryujin winked.

"Yeah. We can't wait to see you join us in this state next week" Chungha said.

"I look forward to it. Oh! I saw the basketball captain trying to confess to Yeh Shuhua earlier. He's the most popular guy in our University. I wonder if Shuhua will accept him" Ryujin said and tapped her chin.

"I thought he's with the junior from business class?" Seulgi asked.

"From what I've heard, he's a player" Moonbyul said.

"Nah. Shuhua would reject him. Like I said, Shuhua loves girls too much" Lisa said with confidence.

"But I heard, that guy is not good. The last girlfriend of his was actually forced to agree to go out with him because he threatened her not to reject him. He's a proud guy full with pride and ego" Sinb said.

"Basketball captain, you mean... Seonho?" Soojin asked.

"Yep"

Soojin frowned, she remembered Shuhua told her last time she had rejected him and Seonho grabbed her wrist harshly to force her taking the flowers from him.

"He always date all the popular girls who have many admirers. Luckily our Soojin here rejected him too back then and- wait, Soojin! Where are you going?!"

Soojin jumped off of the floor and didn't bother to grab her things as she had only one thing in her mind, to check if Shuhua's ok. 

She cursed herself for not asking Ryujin where did she last saw them. Soojin walked faster and looked around, she scolded herself for not taking her phone with her so she can't call Shuhua.

Just then she heard noises, people arguing so she quickly turned towards the sound. When she finally reached the hallway, she sighed seeing Shuhua and Seonho but they weren't aware of her presence yet. 

Soojin keeps walking and she frowned seeing Shuhua backing off from the guy, telling him to just leave her alone. Soojin only stopped when Shuhua's back bumped onto her front. 

Shuhua turned and looked up at her. Soojin glanced at her before looking at Seonho with her coldest eyes. 

"Did he bother you?" Soojin asked Shuhua. 

"I-" 

"It's none of your business. We're having a lover quarrel here alright" Seonho said. 

"We're not! What-" Soojin cut Shuhua off by wrapping an arm around her waist tightly and stepped back a little, pulling Shuhua closer. 

By then, Soojin's friends have finally caught up with her. Before they get to approach and say something, everyone were shocked by what's coming out of Soojin's mouth. 

"That's impossible. Why would my girlfriend have a lover quarrel with you?" 

Seonho widened his eyes as well as Shuhua. 

"Back off, Seonho. Last time I still spare you for bothering me. But this isn't just about me anymore. If I see you trying to bother Shuhua one more time, you won't be able to look at your pretty face anymore" Soojin said, growling at him with her angry eyes. 

Seonho gritted his teeth and glared at Soojin. He's annoyed that Soojin managed to crash his ego two times.

"Jin ah" Shuhua whispered and tried to rub Soojin's arm when she feels Soojin's shaking from anger.

Soojin's eyes still glaring sharply at Seonho and anyone can see how tense she is. One wrong move or one wrong words, the guy will be dead right there and then.

"Boy, you should leave" Moonbyul said and come in between them. Soojin's friends are ready to help in case Soojin let go of her sanity. Everyone knows nothing good comes out of Soojin's anger.

Seonho was about to say something but Sinb stepped on his foot harshly causing him to wince in pain.

"This is better than making Soojin angry. You know how she is. She's stronger than you even if you don't want to admit it" Sinb whispered to him and glared back when he glared at her.

"Ugh!" Seonho kicked the nearby locker before walking off angrily.

Soojin's friends sighed in relief when Seonho finally left them.

"Jinjin?" Shuhua called her softly.

Soojin finally looked at Shuhua and only then her face softened. 

"You ok?" Soojin asked her in a softest voice ever. Shuhua smiled and nodded her head.

"Thank you. I'm sorry if I make you worried"

Soojin sighed then turned Shuhua around to face her properly before hugging her causing Shuhua to be surprised with the sudden gesture. Shuhua can feel Soojin's fast heartbeat.

"I'm going crazy thinking if he would ever hurt you. Don't be alone anywhere after this" Soojin said.

"I'm fine now. Don't worry. He won't bother me anymore. You scare him already by pretend-"

Soojin hugged Shuhua tighter and make her stop talking. 

"All of you, leave" Soojin said. Her friends scratched their head and just followed Soojin's instruction. They leave them alone.

"Jin?"

"Ask me now, Yeh Shuhua" Soojin said.

"What?"

"I said, ask me now"

They were still hugging while all of that is happening. Shuhua doesn't know what Soojin wants, she's not sure about it but she do have one thing in her mind. 

"W-Would you be my girlfriend? Jin ah?"

Soojin finally let out a smile on her face while still hugging Shuhua closely.

"Yes"