Chapter 8

Deception
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Where the hell are you going again?” Your father asked with a frown as you ate your breakfast. Your brother dropped his spoon and your mother’s eyes were as wide as saucers.

 

“US. What’s with your reactions? It’s not like it’s my first time going.” You casually said, looking between your family members before drinking your soup.

 

“I thought you were back for good. So why are you going  back there?” Your mother asked in confusion.

 

“Just…” Looking at your food, you think of various plausible excuses that could cover the real reason you were going. “A getaway. I’ll return in two weeks.”

 

“With your state of mind, no.” Your father said.

 

“But I’m better!” You defended and your father looked at you skeptically.

 

“No. Are you going against your parents now?” Pursing your lips, you turned to your brother for help but he just turned away from you and continued eating his scrambled eggs.

 

You narrowed your eyes at him and made a sound of irritation before looking at your parents. They seemed adamant about their decision and you sank into your dining chair and sighed, thinking of a way to persuade them but you came up with nothing. Giving up, you silently stood up before finishing your breakfast and left the house, carrying your medical bag with you.

 

Kicking the stones as you walked towards the packhouse, you called your friend in the US.

 

“My parent didn’t want me to go back.” You said and your friend laughed.

 

“I expected that. From what you told me, you don't exactly sound sane.”

 

You rolled your eyes at her words. “What should I do Laura? Is she willing to come over instead?”

 

You found a witch that could help break the bond between Jungkook and Jina thanks to Laura. Taehyung and Jimin knew nothing so you decided to seek help from the network of friends you created in the US.

 

“I doubt. You know that I nearly died trying to find her.” Laura sighed and you closed your eyes before looking up at the cloudy sky.

 

She did mention of the magical y traps that were set in the witch’s front yard when she wanted to knock on the door. And the hostile treatment she received from the witch. The only way to do this was to personally visit the witch, but they were known to be wary of strangers. It was not the first time someone took advantage of them, and that was the reason why a whole coven of witches was wiped out by someone who tried to monopolize their powers.

 

The survivors went into hiding, and the remaining covens kept themselves hidden from the world with the help of the witch council.

 

“She doesn’t pick up my calls either.” You said and kicked another stone as you looked down.

 

“Oh my gosh, wait!” Laura suddenly exclaimed and you raised your eyebrows. You heard her muffled voice and another female’s voice.

 

“I know what you need me for, but I’m not the right person you should be looking for, so don’t bother trying to persuade me.” Stopping your tracks, you widened your eyes when an unknown female’s voice replaced Laura's voice but you didn’t need her to introduce herself to know who she was.

 

“Can you let me know who it is then?” You asked and you heard her scoff.

 

“Nobody. No witch can break a non-existent bond.” She said and your brows furrowed in confusion.

 

“Non-existent? What are you talking about?”

 

“As it is. You thought that I didn’t look into you and your problem when your little friend came to visit me?” The witch retorted.

 

“A child is growing inside the girl and if there’s no bond… Are you saying that the child isn’t his?” You asked.

 

“Chances are there but I wouldn’t know that for sure until I see her in person and check the fetus to see if it has that Alpha’s aura.” She said.

 

“Are you able to come then?” You asked, sounding hopeful.

 

“Sure.”

 

Surprised at her curt answer, your jaw dropped. You thought that it would be hard to convince her from the way Laura spoke of her, and she sounded like she would have rejected the offer previously since she told you not to persuade her. The surprise was soon replaced by suspicion.

 

“Wait, this is too easy. What’s in it for you?” You asked and you heard her chuckle.

 

“I just feel… sorry for you.”

 

What?

 

“Anyway, I’ll be there in a few days, I still have some stuff to do. Hopefully, I’m not too late by then.” She sighed and before you could ask what she meant, she hung up.

 

Tilting your head dubiously, you didn’t even bother trying to interpret her words and happily went to the packhouse to work. The moment you opened the doors, you saw Jungkook sitting on the couch in the living room with a dark look looming on his face while Jimin was sitting beside him worriedly. He lifted his head to meet your eyes and you felt a chill ran down your spine. He looked furious.

 

Looking at Jimin for answers, he responded by looking at you apologetically.

 

What did you tell him? You asked Jimin.

 

You should at least know what he was angry about before confronting him.

 

About Jina’s destiny. He replied.

 

You closed your eyes with your wrinkled eyebrows and pursed lips before opening them just to glare at Jimin. He slowly excused himself and you grabbed his arm before he could leave the packhouse.

 

“Where are you going?” You whispered although you were well aware that Jungkook was still able to hear but you were afraid that vocalizing your question would just anger him further.

 

“Away. Call me after the war is over.” He said and wiggled his arm free, wishing you good luck before he completely left the packhouse.

 

How could he leave after instigating the war?

 

Cursing him in your head, you flinched when his voice reached your ears.

 

“Follow me.”

 

Dragging your feet, you reluctantly followed him with your left hand rubbing your right forearm. Dreading what was going to happen.

 

“How can you…” He stopped himself and took in a deep breath, trying to calm himself down and not say words that he’d regret. He didn’t need to add another thing to his list of regrets.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter