Chapter 1

Deception
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Jungkook did what?" You instantly sat up from your bed, forgetting about how grumpy you were when Jimin told you what your soon-to-be Alpha did. The mirror opposite your bed reflected the look of disbelief on your face, with your eyes as wide as saucers and your mouth opening and closing like a goldfish.

 

The perfect Jeon Jungkook actually did something that angered your Alpha and Luna?

 

"Can you come back for the wedding?" Jimin sighed.

 

"Why would I attend a wedding that is not approved by the goddess? You know how much I look down on werewolves not waiting for their mate." You frowned. It was 5 AM in the morning in the US but it was night time over in Korea, which explains how tired you were. Especially when you had to take a lot of long shifts in the hospital that you were interning in.

 

The words that came out of your mouth were mean but true. What happens if he were to find his mate? What the hell was he thinking? What was he going to do with his mate when he intends to mark his fiancee?

 

He wasn't old enough to even expect his mate to be dead. It was only five years since he turned 18, and he already couldn't keep his pants up? Meanwhile, Jimin, Taehyung and you were still single.

 

No matter how much you tried to understand your best friend, you just couldn't.

 

"Damn, I pity his mate if he ever finds her." You continued as you got off your bed to pour yourself a glass of water.

 

"Well, he told us that he fell in love. You have got no idea how terrified the pack was when Jungkook made the announcement as soon as he returned from his training." Jimin said and you smirked, imagining how absurd the situation must have been for the pack.

 

"Well, how many months is she into?"

 

"I've got no idea and I'm not the least interested. We all know how it's going to end." Jimin released another sigh and you nodded.

 

"She's going to die at childbirth." You stated, it was the reason why being together with someone who was not your mate was frowned upon. A female human was destined to die when forcefully mated and marked by a male werewolf, while a female werewolf would have been destined to be barren for the rest of eternity unless the goddess decided to be merciful. For this human girl that Jungkook fell in love with, you expected that she would have to go through a difficult childbirth. 

 

"Did she know what she signed up for when she agreed to be with Jungkook?" You asked.

 

"She does. She's an orphan so she said that the only person she had was Jungkook, and she was adamant about being with him, no matter the outcome." Jimin said and released a tired groan. "I think you should come, your internship is ending soon right? Jungkook said he'd postpone the wedding to fit your schedule."

 

You couldn't help but scoff at his statement.

 

"Why is he doing this to me?" You drew a long breath and massaged your temple when you felt an incoming headache. "Tell him to postpone it until the kid is born then."

 

Silence.

 

You knew how ridiculous and insensitive your words were, it was the same as saying that you weren't going to attend the wedding and meet the person he loves at all.

 

"Fine, I'll wrap up my things here and head over." You gave up being a and decided to go to your best friend's wedding, even though you were against it.

 

Goddess bless his true mate and that poor woman fated to die.

+.+.+

"I'm back family!" You announced with your arms wide open after pushing the front door. You widened your eyes when you felt arms instantly wrapping around you.

 

"I've missed you, baby." Your mother cooed, squeezing the life out of you.

 

"Can't. Breathe." You squeaked, especially when your father and brother were hugging you too, your father behind your mother while your brother was hugging you from your side.

 

"My baby sister." Your brother said and your nose wrinkled at how cheesy your brother sounded.

 

"Hoseok Oppa, don't."

 

When your family finally released you, you took in a deep breath. Your brother laughed at your expense as he brought your two luggage up to your room and your mother guided you to the dining room where she prepared a feast for your return. You gaped at how much food she cooked, "Wow."

 

"So, how's the... girl?" You asked as you ate.

 

"She's 4 months into pregnancy so she's already showing. But she's a nice girl, but it's unfortunate what fate will do to the poor girl. Jungkook really wasn't thinking." Your mother shook her head in disappointment.

 

You looked at your brother and raised your brows, not understanding why your mother empathizes with the human girl.

 

"Mum spends an awful lot of time in the packhouse to help Jungkook's fiancee, as requested by Jungkook."

 

"A personal nurse?" You asked and your brother shrugged. Your mother's occupation in the pack was a nurse, so it was the first thing that came across your mind when you heard your brother's words. "Does he need a personal doctor too? That's why he forced me to come back?"

 

"Jung Jaein." Your father warned and you widened your eyes in surprise.

 

"What? I was just asking. I'm going to kill him I see him, what happens if he finds his mate? How is he going to explain to her?" You asked, clearly upset.

 

"It's his choice Jaein-ah, we can't do much about it, and he already had an earful from everyone around him, he doesn't need his friends to do it to him as well okay? Just... let the boy be." Your mothe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter