Chapter 19

Deception
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shock was probably an understatement when you felt the restrains on your wrists and ankles the moment you woke up. Without your wolf, it was impossible to release yourself. You looked around and realized that you were neither in Jungkook’s room nor the hospital ward. 

 

“What the hell…” You muttered under your breath and your eyes widened when you realized that the words left your lips and you were finally in control of your body. 

 

The witch was gone.

 

The door opened and you saw Jungkook walking it. He immediately went to your side and held your hand the moment he realized that you were awake. A small smile formed on your lips when you saw him, feeling relieved just from his mere presence. 

 

“Why am I…” Your question lingered and you moved your limbs to complete it. 

 

He looked at you apologetically and used his free hand to caress your cheek. 

 

“For safety. We weren’t sure whether the action was done by you or the witch, so it’s just a precaution.” 

 

His reply confused you which made you furrowed your eyebrows.

 

“Okay? So if I’m Jaein now, are you going to remove these restraints?” 

 

“Are you?” His eyes immediately changed. His guards were up and his eyes were hard, betraying no emotions.

 

Your frown deepened at his question, “I am.” 

 

“Did you really try to kill yourself?”

 

You stiffened at the question, what? 

 

“No. Where is this coming from?” You asked, obviously bewildered.

 

He silently stood up and walked over to your left side while your eyes followed his movements. Removing the restraints on your left wrist, he brought your wrist in front of your eyes and you blinked at the bandage. 

 

“You were unconscious for days due to the blood loss and we even had to get your vein stitched. That was how deep the cut was.” His voice was soft as he glared at your injured wrist.

 

The memories of what happened were slowly coming back to you. Curse that witch.

 

Acting confused to see his reaction, you asked, “I caused it?” 

 

“You don’t remember?” His eyes met yours, looking surprised.

 

“I do.” A corner of your lips twitched. 

 

He looked at you in disbelief before narrowing his eyes at you. He was angry, that much was clear, but you weren’t afraid of him. 

 

“I’m not the witch though.” 

 

“I know, you’re the only one capable of making such a joke.” His glare remained but you released a chuckle. 

 

Yeah, making a joke out of something that wasn’t a joke. He released a sigh and sat on the edge of the bed, going back to caressing your cheek as you caressed his with your unrestrained hand. 

 

“I’m sorry, but I can’t let you roam free.”

 

“It’s fine.” You smiled and he returned. 

 

He bent down and pressed his lips against yours, his hand was on your jawline while his free hand was on your waist. Your hand was on his nape, pulling him towards you. The restrains were starting to irritate you since you couldn’t move at all, besides your left hand.

 

You pulled away and glared at the restrain on your right hand.

 

“I want to do more but this is annoying.” You said.

 

Your nose wrinkled as you pulled your hand but it didn’t go far thanks to the white cloth that was tying your wrist down with the bed support legs, and without your enhanced strength, this was a futile effort of trying to break free.

 

He laughed and used his hand to move your head so that you were facing him. 

 

“I want to do more too, but that can wait. If the witch controls you and manages to kill you, we can’t do anything anymore and Gayeon would successfully make me go on a rampage then.” He said.

 

Groaning in response, you looked away from him. His words were true, but being restrained like this definitely didn’t feel good, even though it was for your own good. He moved the stray strands of hair that was on your face and pushed it behind your ear. 

 

“I love you.” He said and you turned to look at him again. 

 

His eyes were glassy, and you could see the guilt shining from them. You didn’t doubt his feelings even though your connection with him was mostly lost, you could still feel a bit of your wolf’s presence unlike when the witch manipulated you, but you had no idea to fully bring her out. 

 

Even without the bond, you still love him. 

 

You didn’t reply with words and simply pulled him towards you so that both of you could share another passionate kiss. He ended up lying on the king-size bed beside you with half of his body weight on you and his leg tangled with yours. One of his hands remained on your waist while his remaining forearm was on the bed beside your head, supporting the rest of his weight while his hand was on your nape. 

 

Although you felt terrible about being restrained, cuddling with him made it slightly better. 

 

“Did you find their base?” You asked, your hand was in his. 

 

Jungkook shrugged and you tilted your head up to squint your eyes at him as you doubted his answer but you didn’t ask him anymore. The rogue witch had access to you and you didn’t know if she was able to see what you see and hear what you hear, so you didn’t blame him for not telling you anything. He fiddled with your fingers and you simply stared at your entwined hands.

 

“I’m sorry,” he suddenly said and you cocked your eyebrows in surprise. “I’m going to be an Alpha and I’m your mate but I can’t even protect you properly,” he continued and you smiled. 

 

“Just treat it as a test from the goddess and pass it. Quickly get that rogue witch and that woman and release me from this. My muscles are getting stiff from not being able to move,” you complained and he chuckled, pressing his lips on your temple.

 

“Don’t worry, we’ll let you move them a bit. We’re restraining you so that you don’t hurt yourself, not try to make you stiff all over and make you forget how to walk.” 

 

Your family, your best friends, Rachel, Beta Namjoon, and Delta Yoongi visited you, striking up casual conversations. It had been four days since you woke up and as Jungkook said, he removed them sometimes and let you walk around the room, but with him in sight. He was your bodyguard. 

 

The rogue witch didn’t seem like she was trying to take over your body again, so you had full control over it. Looking out the window with your arms cross, you stared at the rustling trees. You missed feeling the wind brushing against your fur, and you greatly missed your wolf that it was starting to make you feel depressed even with Jungkook by your side. A day without your wolf’s presence felt empty.

 

“Are you really not going to eat your lunch?” Jungkook asked. 

 

He was sitting on the bed, staring at your back. He brought two plates of steak that had potato salad on the sides for lunch, and he was intending to eat with his mate as usual but she just seems to want to daydream instead of eating. He had removed her restraints as usual, in his presence. The only person that could probably control her was him so she would be free from them when he was around.

 

“No. My appetite reduced to that of a human, so I don’t really need much food. I’m still full from breakfast.” You said, leaning your head against the window frame as you stared longingly at the forest.

 

Hearing some movements from your bed, you were about to turn back to look at what he was doing but he wrapped his arms around your shoulders from behind you, stopping you. He dropped his head on your shoulder and put his lips on your neck and you raised your hand to ruffle his hair. 

 

“You still need to eat. For me?” He whispered in your ear and nibbled on your ear lobe, sending butterflies to your stomach. 

 

With a sigh, you turned your body and wrapped your arms around his waist. 

 

“If I do, can I run in the forest?” You asked hopefully as you felt him stiffen at the suggestion.

 

“You know I can’t let you do that,” he breathed as one of his hands was caressing the back of your head. 

 

You were immediately angered at his answer. Being cooped up in this room for days was already making you feel anxious and the anxiety you were feeling the moment you felt your wolf missing was making your mind go bonkers. This just felt like you were imprisoned but you were in a business class prison. 

 

Pushing him away, you turned your body to the window, “get out.” 

 

“Jaein-ah.” H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter