Chapter 16

Deception
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What is this I hear about you experimenting on drugs, again?” Jungkook barged into the room, his face flushing red and his nose flared in anger.

 

You were on your laptop, typing out your email to reply to your professor in the US on the surgical reports that he gave you to review. Not looking up at him, you replied.

 

“I am. I’ll talk to you after this.”

 

He slapped your laptop close and you glared at him. “Hey! I wasn’t finished!”

 

“We’re not finished. Was this what you were studying about?” Jungkook asked as he put the laptop on the desk, away from you who were sitting on the bed.

 

Cursing the doctor at how she managed to speak to him before you, you simply looked at him.

 

“That’s right. I’m trying to fix something that I did to myself.” You calmly told him and he immediately pinned you down on the bed which made you release a sharp gasp.

 

Your eyes were wide and his hands were on each of your wrists. He was straddling on top of you and his glare was so threatening that it made your heart race. His wolf was on the surface and that was when you knew that you just angered the big bad Alpha.

 

“And when exactly were you going to tell me?” He growled lowly.

 

“When you come home, and after I send my email.”

 

“You should’ve told me the moment you planned, not after you decided. I told you I can’t lose you, but you’re always putting yourself at risk, without a care about your own safety and my feelings. What am I to you exactly?” He whispered, his tone strained.

 

“My mate.” You said without hesitance.

 

“But mates don’t hurt each other like this. We don’t hide things that risk our lives, like what you’ve done and what you're doing.” His tears dropped on your cheeks and even without the mark, you could feel the pain that you had caused.

 

Your heart clenched and your own tears were rolling down your temples and into your hair.

 

“I clearly told you not to act on your own, but you went ahead anyway.” He continued.

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

“Why bother apologizing when you’re going to do it again?” He released his grip on your wrists and left the room, leaving you to stare at the ceiling.

 

The pain in your chest was unbearable and you curled into a ball on the bed, your wolf’s feelings flowed through your veins on top of yours and tears were flowing down your cheeks. You couldn’t blame him since this was entirely your fault, from the start to the end, it was all you.

 

He was making an effort to progress, but it was you who put a pause in your relationship. Having secrets, delaying your time to bond, not wanting to speak of your problems. It was all on you, and the only mistake he did was bringing in someone he shouldn’t have in his pack, but that was by accident. You, on the other hand, did things with an intention. An intention that he should actually be aware of.

 

“Damn it, you’ve officially screwed yourself up this time.” You release a dry chuckle and wipe away your tears.

 

Jungkook didn’t return to his room in the next few days and you continued heading to the hospital to work, with Jimin accompanying you instead of Jungkook. Your best friend asked what happened but you vaguely told him what you did, and he responded with a whack at the back of your head. You couldn’t even say anything since you actually deserved it.

 

“Are you going to continue sulking and ignoring Jaein?” Taehyung asked as both of them oversee the pack warriors’ training.

 

“She doesn’t seem to want to make it up to me.”

 

He missed her, but he wasn’t about to give in. If he did, he was sure that his mate would repeat what she did and continue hiding things that he should be aware of, and coming up with plans that could cost her her life. It was something that he wasn’t able to forgive so easily. She needed to learn that.

 

“You do know that leaving her side would increase the danger she’s in. We’ll never know when she would be manipulated by the witch, and we’ve already tried to extract information from the prisoners with Rachel’s help but it wasn’t doing much help since their talisman was branded into their skin.”

 

Jungkook sighed, his best friend was spewing facts that he already knew.

 

“So you’re asking me to come up to her and pretend that nothing has happened?” He turned to Taehyung and asked.

 

“No, but ignoring her isn’t the best solution either. What are you? 12?”

 

Jungkook narrowed his eyes at the disrespect but didn’t bother showing his dominance since Taehyung was saying that as his best friend. He wasn’t about to make his best friend bow to him in submission for giving him advice.

 

“Well, you ignored us in the first year of high school when we didn’t want to go to the arcade with you,” Jungkook said and Taehyung rolled his eyes.

 

“I remember and I’m still annoyed by that. How can ice-cream beat the arcade?” Taehyung scoffed, reminiscing the past the four of them shared. “But that’s beside the point. If you don’t reconcile with her soon and something happens, you’re going to blame yourself even more. You’re already blaming yourself for what is happening, you don’t need to add more into that pile, you don’t need that burden over your Alpha responsibilities. And you know how unpredictable Jaein is.”

 

Jungkook responded by walking away from him and giving him a wave.

 

“I know.”

 

Taehyung sighed and shook his head. Why did the goddess pair two awfully stubborn people together?

 

At a distance, his lips twitched when he saw Laura coming out from the trees wearing a sports bra and a pair of tights, and her hair was tied up into a high ponytail. She was training at the female training grounds led by the head female warrior whose skills were not far from his. Unlike his two best friends, Laura and himself had already mated and marked each other like any normal mates would have as soon as they met. After all, she went into heat two days after they met.

 

Even though he understood the circumstances and the problem that his best friends were facing caused them to react this way, but damn, if they were not going to settle their in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter